Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 04:53 PM

360 posts, read 709,390 times

Advertisements

No place is 100% perfect and you'll need to use common sense, but overall Santa Monica is one of the safest areas in LA. You will be fine, even alone at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 PM

73 posts, read 118,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iama30something View Post
No place is 100% perfect and you'll need to use common sense, but overall Santa Monica is one of the safest areas in LA. You will be fine, even alone at night.
Safest areas in LA? That's a stretch. Santa Monica is relatively safe, but no where near of the safest neighbrohoods.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:24 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,485,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngcorporate View Post
Safest areas in LA? That's a stretch. Santa Monica is relatively safe, but no where near of the safest neighbrohoods.
Among them.

Los Angeles Murders and Homicides - The Homicide Report - Los Angeles Times

Remember, homicide statistics are the most accurate reflection of overall crime levels.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:05 PM

581 posts, read 914,877 times
Quote:
Where did all these wannabe Santa Monica experts come from? More useless drabble. I guess if they can't afford to live there they feel compelled to make up fictious negative comments.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:36 PM

73 posts, read 118,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
Where did all these wannabe Santa Monica experts come from? More useless drabble. I guess if they can't afford to live there they feel compelled to make up fictious negative comments.
You can't possibly be referring your comment to me. I live in a neighbrohood far more affluent and safer than Santa Monica. Never said anything negative about it, I actually said its relatively safe. But it's not among the safest, they're are gangs in Santa Monica Pico neighborhood. Their had been gang shootings in recent years, some people like you live in a bubble. A lovely tourist woman just got assaulted and seriously injured by a crazed woman inside coffee bean in Santa Monica, the cops didn't even want to release the video because that would put Santa Monica in a bad light and they can't do that because it's a tourist Mecca. Santa Monica is nice and quite expensive but it's not a place you could just keep your guard down since people from All over the world frequent every day. It's a tourist Mecca so of course you will have criminals frequent the area from other places. Outsiders from inland areas and beyond cause most the trouble in Santa Monica. Otherwise Santa Monica is an interesting big "little" city.

Last edited by Youngcorporate; 06-29-2015 at 11:47 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 11:38 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
I'm a real Santa Monica expert. the only people more expert than me are the elderly rent controlled dinosaurs. and I agree with youngcorporate to some degree. Santa Monica isn't as safe as it used to be. it's become too "Hollywood" and not in the entertainment sense. I should say more "Hollywood and Highland" ..tourists are okay but lots of people from inland hangout and cause mischief. there's more homeless in santa monica than any other part of LA county. they are mostly harmless but disturbing incidences are rising.

don't get me wrong, santa monica is still very safe, but there are many safer neighborhoods, including ones with lower income.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:03 AM

360 posts, read 709,390 times
Quote:
But it's not among the safest, they're are gangs in Santa Monica Pico neighborhood.
First off, the OP wasn't talking about the Pico neighborhood, so this comment is void.

Second, while I agree the Pico Neighborhood is the least desirable neighborhood in Santa Monica, it's definitely not gang infested. I live literally right off Pico and Cloverfield and take my dog out on evening strolls every night between 10pm - midnight with headphones on and have never once felt unsafe.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:07 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,266,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iama30something View Post
First off, the OP wasn't talking about the Pico neighborhood, so this comment is void.

Second, while I agree the Pico Neighborhood is the least desirable neighborhood in Santa Monica, it's definitely not gang infested. I live literally right off Pico and Cloverfield and take my dog out on evening strolls every night between 10pm - midnight with headphones on and have never once felt unsafe.
I think downtown SM is more dangerous than Pico now.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM

263 posts, read 754,011 times
Quote:
I'm a real Santa Monica expert. the only people more expert than me are the elderly rent controlled dinosaurs. and I agree with youngcorporate to some degree. Santa Monica isn't as safe as it used to be. it's become too "Hollywood" and not in the entertainment sense. I should say more "Hollywood and Highland" ..tourists are okay but lots of people from inland hangout and cause mischief. there's more homeless in santa monica than any other part of LA county. they are mostly harmless but disturbing incidences are rising.
Didn't you mean to say Venice Beach has the highest population of homeless? Venice Beach is getting out of control!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles