U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,099 times
Hi, I am moving to CA and my work place is Westlake village, CA. Could anyone help with a locality either there or towards Los Angeles, where there is good indian community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,016 times
Default hi

[quote=kartikashah;2589652]Hi,

i have the same problen ... can u tell me the some area where indian lives ... i m also a house wife

Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 PM

51 posts, read 120,141 times
Palms has a large Indian community. Also there are several Indian grocers on Venice Blvd. between Motor and Bagley. There is also the Krishna temple on Venice and Watseka. But yeah .. Indian families are spread all over LA County. But Artesia is definitely where most of the shops are.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,583 times
Hi I am moving Walnut Creek ,CA. I am new to that place. Basically i am a Indian. My mom coming from India. So she needs company . So i am looking for Indian community area. Any one Plz help me to find a good apt.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,060 times
Hi I am in Pasadena,CA... So is there any tamil sangam which is nearer to pasadena..say withing 2 miles...? Or else if u say no for that question then let me know which is website for tamilsangam in LA...? Could you please help....me...?

Old 02-26-2010, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,334 times
i want to buy a single family house in Los angeles but far away to Fullerton and Anaheim ,can u tell me the other indian areas and cities that is too far away from this areas(Fullerton and Anaheim).

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 PM

26,362 posts, read 53,431,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritu bhalla View Post
i want to buy a single family house in Los angeles but far away to Fullerton and Anaheim ,can u tell me the other indian areas and cities that is too far away from this areas(Fullerton and Anaheim).
If others don't chime in, you could always use google to look for restaurants, shops, services that cater to the Indian community. If you see a cluster of them, chances are there is an Indian community nearby.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,118 times
Hi

Am new to LA and i didn't know any indian family in LA. I stay in WLA, Plz let me know if any one is staying in WLA.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,075 times
Default New Indian to Los Angeles

Hello,

I am writing this for a new friend of mine. He has moved to Santa Monica to be a family chef and home manager.

He is just a wonderful person, I believe of the Hare Krishna faith. The thing is, he doesn't have transportation or any friends out here. I know it must be hard and I want him to enjoy himself.

Other than the Hare Krishna temple, is there anywhere else he can find other like minded friends. He's mid 40's.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Best.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 PM

8,833 posts, read 6,455,798 times
Default Alhambra

Alhambra (about 10 miles due east of downtown Los Angeles) is not very close to El Segundo, but it does have a small Punjabi community, including a restaurant on Main Street owned and operated by a Punjabi family. There is also a Sikh temple on Chapel Avenue, which I believe is primarily Punjabi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles