Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 11:19 AM

3,366 posts, read 2,844,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
$129 is the Milwaukee-local price. I have only brought cars into CA and have not purchased there.

Labor can be sometimes cheaper in LA actually, than in Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 11:21 AM

I bought my car in LA when I knew I was going to leave it for Milwaukee Californian cars, no rust...
Still hasn't changed my registration yet

Old 07-16-2015, 12:23 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,079,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Labor can be sometimes cheaper in LA actually, than in Milwaukee
I was pleasantly surprised by this after moving half my life to LA. Too bad these reductions don't completely offset the housing costs.

Quote:
I bought my car in LA when I knew I was going to leave it for Milwaukee Californian cars, no rust...
Still hasn't changed my registration yet
Hard to argue that logic. I've just grown attached to the vehicles I have selected and couldn't change them out. It would be as if I were exchanging one kid for another. Both kids, but you have so much time invested in the first one!

Old 07-16-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I've just grown attached to the vehicles I have selected and couldn't change them out. It would be as if I were exchanging one kid for another. Both kids, but you have so much time invested in the first one!
I'm still missing my 1998 Honda Civic, it was like a glove to my hand, extension of my body. But after driving it for 10 years over salted roads, the first thing I was told by several mechanics were - it's all rusted down there, get rid of it NOW if you can, before you start getting bigger problems. I have obviously a better car now, but I still miss my old Civic...

Old 07-16-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I'm still missing my 1998 Honda Civic, it was like a glove to my hand, extension of my body. But after driving it for 10 years over salted roads, the first thing I was told by several mechanics were - it's all rusted down there, get rid of it NOW if you can, before you start getting bigger problems. I have obviously a better car now, but I still miss my old Civic...
I know what you mean. I have a '94 Camry as my winter beater that I refuse to get rid of because it runs so well. I have two other cars including a Cayman S, but I drive the Camry more than anything.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:11 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,634,692 times
Quote:
They look very thorough. 50+ pictures plus videos and an appraisal with the inspection? $200 is a bit steep but it may be well worth it.

$129 is the Milwaukee-local price. I have only brought cars into CA and have not purchased there.
What's up with all the LA people going to Milwaukee rofl.

What mechanic do you use in Milwaukee? I used to use Jaznari down in the 3rd ward because I could drop my car off and then walk home if I had to.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
What mechanic do you use in Milwaukee? I used to use Jaznari down in the 3rd ward because I could drop my car off and then walk home if I had to.
I used to go to the same guy too!

Old 07-16-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
What's up with all the LA people going to Milwaukee rofl.

Opposite! Moving from Milwaukee to LA. Not exactly sure why there are so many of us heading to LA, but as you probably noticed, the people are very similar and that made it appealing to me. They're both friendly, open, tolerate, extremely diverse.....but instead of bathing in sunshine the Milwaukeans are buried in snow.

I own a condo near Jaznari, and I've been into the shop twice. Solid, honest Father and Daughter owned business. Right now I bring my toys to www.MidcoastAuto.com (they work on anything) in West Allis for honest work and reasonable rates.

Last edited by adr3naline; 07-16-2015 at 02:50 PM..

Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,280,059 times
I feel left out because I've never been to Milwaukee !

I've heard of people say they are doing well investing in property there.

This house is $35,000 and rented for $925 month!
https://www.redfin.com/WI/Milwaukee/.../home/58002136

Old 07-16-2015, 11:07 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,634,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I feel left out because I've never been to Milwaukee !

I've heard of people say they are doing well investing in property there.

This house is $35,000 and rented for $925 month!
https://www.redfin.com/WI/Milwaukee/.../home/58002136
I knew a guy that bought several sfrs during the crash for rental property in Milwaukee. Probably paid less than 30k each and he bought maybe a dozen. He can probably rent them for 500-600 each. Definitely in a bad area with high turnover and problem tenants, but I think he's still made a decent return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: