Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 09:01 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,461,982 times

Advertisements

Just curious; do you go to the La Habra (OC) /Whittier side to do your grocery shopping and such, or do you go to the Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights side?

My forays to Hacienda Heights for housesitting a from-time-to-time basis made me think of this question. I live in La Mirada, which is a little farther down the road toward the ocean from you. We have grocery but have to go to Whittier or La Habra for department stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 09:26 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,835,730 times
What about Fullerton and Brea? It's full of shops near the 57.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 PM

14,210 posts, read 11,483,620 times
I grew up in La Habra, right at the base of the hills. We mostly shopped in Whittier, at Whittwood Mall and the stores around it, all the way to Uptown Whittier and the Quad. The Brea Mall was known to be nicer but for some reason we rarely went that way. The mall called Fashion Square (at Beach & Imperial) was all right when I was very young, but died out in my teenage years. Also, there's a Costco in La Habra now (it's right behind my old high school), and if I still lived there I would definitely shop there.

We never went over the hills for shopping. We only went that way to get to the 60.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I grew up in La Habra, right at the base of the hills. We mostly shopped in Whittier, at Whittwood Mall and the stores around it, all the way to Uptown Whittier and the Quad. The Brea Mall was known to be nicer but for some reason we rarely went that way. The mall called Fashion Square (at Beach & Imperial) was all right when I was very young, but died out in my teenage years. Also, there's a Costco in La Habra now (it's right behind my old high school), and if I still lived there I would definitely shop there.

We never went over the hills for shopping. We only went that way to get to the 60.
Yeah, I also. We shopped at all those places depending on where in the area we were, since our relatives were spread out over the area.

Totally remember Fashion Square. Especially Bullock's and Buffum's. One ex-cop friend of mine (worked for LH police and Placentia police before becoming a pastor) opined that the place died out because no one in the city had the money to spend for those upscale stores. Don't know that I agree, and anyway am sure some Fullerton money from over the Coyote Hills arrived there from time to time.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
What about Fullerton and Brea? It's full of shops near the 57.
Yeah, I am considering that as the "La Habra side" in a very broad sense.

My interest is in shopping activity on BOTH sides of the Puente Hills (yes, that is the proper term for the range of hills separating La Habra from the Hacienda and Rowland Heights communities).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles