Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 03:07 PM

856 posts, read 1,051,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadhunterPaul View Post
Cais,

If you want 'all safe, all the time', then you are stuck with Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo, Playa Del Rey, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica north of Colorado, Brentwood, Palisades, Westwood, West L.A, and uh, hmmmm.

Paul.......

Hollywood Riviera, Walteria, Rolling Hills and Palos Verdes are also great places to live but cost mucho dinero.

You could also do something strange and live in the Land That Time Forgot:

Downey

Lakewood

Bellflower

Norwalk

Cerritos

All 'relatively safe' and not too expensive.

Paul....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 04:49 PM

426 posts, read 423,874 times
Quote:
Hollywood Riviera, Walteria, Rolling Hills and Palos Verdes are also great places to live but cost mucho dinero.

You could also do something strange and live in the Land That Time Forgot:

Downey

Lakewood

Bellflower

Norwalk

Cerritos

All 'relatively safe' and not too expensive.

Paul....

Cerritos is expensive. Starting home prices are $600k and goes all the way up to $1.5M. Cerritos is very, very safe. You cannot lump cerritos with Lakewood, Downey, etc...

Old 08-30-2015, 05:30 PM

Exclamation Safe Areas & Not Too Expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedcu View Post
Cerritos is expensive. Starting home prices are $600k and goes all the way up to $1.5M. Cerritos is very, very safe. You cannot lump cerritos with Lakewood, Downey, etc...
Okay, scratch Cerritos.

My 'Land That Time Forgot' data is dated- except for Bellflower (because of that pool hall there) I've not been out that way since '73.

Paul

Old 08-30-2015, 06:31 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,258,766 times
Quote:
If you want 'all safe, all the time', then you are stuck with Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, El Segundo, Playa Del Rey, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica north of Colorado, Brentwood, Palisades, Westwood, West L.A, and uh, hmmmm.
Those areas aren't "all safe, all the time." Many criminals have access to transportation and most of the so-called "safe" areas are less than 10 miles from the so-called "unsafe" areas. Check out the crime blotter for Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach and you'll find robberies, burglaries, home invasions, and the occasional homicide.
The Beach Reporter: Crime Watch

Old 08-30-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Those areas aren't "all safe, all the time." Many criminals have access to transportation and most of the so-called "safe" areas are less than 10 miles from the so-called "unsafe" areas. Check out the crime blotter for Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach and you'll find robberies, burglaries, home invasions, and the occasional homicide.
The Beach Reporter: Crime Watch

Then the only answer is back to where I lived on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica where the buildings are secure and there is a doorman at the ready.

That or Bel-Air.

Paul.............

Last edited by HeadhunterPaul; 08-30-2015 at 08:24 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 10:31 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,148 times
Quote:
Then the only answer is back to where I lived on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica where the buildings are secure and there is a doorman at the ready.

That or Bel-Air.

Paul.............

I will say this a nice way.

You have a unique view of the Los Angeles area.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I will say this a nice way.

You have a unique view of the Los Angeles area.

Ah, c'est vous, encore, oui?

"unique"? Peut-être. 'Spoiled'? Sans aucun doute!

Bon Soir, Cherie.

Et avoir un beau Lundi!

Paul...........

Old 08-31-2015, 12:10 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,148 times
D'accord, ma petite grenouille.

I actually would continue in French as that seems to your preferred language but the spell checker on my phone is going bananas.

You're not spoiled, as you didn't grow up in the best part of LA nor went to the premier schools. I'm sorry you missed out.

Last edited by HyperionGap; 08-31-2015 at 12:21 AM..

Old 08-31-2015, 01:18 AM

327 posts, read 398,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cais Arts View Post
which are nice safe areas and not to much expensive in LA ?
thanks so much
Dany
Whittier
Downey
Monrovia
West Covina
Diamond Bar
Alhambra
Temple City
Rosemead

There are many more, but this is East LA County for the most part, and I know this are very well.

Whittier is a steal IMO. But, I would rather spend a few bucks more and live in Monrovia…because it is a great area, close to top notch Arcadia. Downey is decent. West Covina and Diamond Bar are further out, but great value and very nice. Temple City and Rosemead have excellent location and are very good as well.

It really depends on where you live. Also, Eagle Rock, Burbank, Glendale, are good areas to consider.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:52 AM

8 posts, read 8,851 times
oh ..........

I didn't thinking about it's dingerous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles