Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomba View Post
hehe...i'm the friend Tobster248 is going with...is there really much chance of getting shot at/ mugged /beaten up /taken to prison /or...well...killed... in LA ?...i went last summer and was staying on Sycamore street (correct me if i spelt it wrong) but didnt go out much...apart from the Dogers vs Padres game with some friends...I missed alot of stuff out there

I was told we could do some stuff like take rides in Helecopters round the Grand Canyon...etc

Just need some more info...

Oh...and do these "Flyer" parties get raided alot? (joke )...and what kind of drugs are we talking about ? (no joke)...were you jokin' about the HIV ?

i'm 16 and i also live in LA but i live in a suburb near pasadena where there is not much to do but once you travel a little away from it theres a ton

there's little chance of any of that stuff with the places everyone is talking about as long as youre smart about it and dont go to the wrong places at night...visiting those places are pretty safe

i would definitely suggest going to the new Americana at Brand in glendale
or the Grove in LA which is basically the same thing except the Americana just opened.
colorado blwn in old town pasadena is also fun, there;s a ton of restaurants and shops there
melrose
sunset blvd
robertson
rodeo drive...all in LA

i'd try going to all of them if i were you

it really just depends if you drive or if you know someone out here who drives since there's really no public transportation

you could also try china town or korea town or any of those and in july chinatown will be especialyl fun because of the 4th and fireworks

as for beaches i'd go to hermosa..its right near manhattan but sooo much less touristy and you could literally walk to manhattan if you felt like it. or Zuma beach i think its in malibu

universal city walk's not that good anymore that was more interesting in elementary school...
definitely try getting tickets to a concert at the hollywood bowl or just anywhere in LA
look up your favorite artist on ticketmaster and see if theyre playing in july anytime

hope this helped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
You've gotten a lot of great suggestions. Enjoy your visit.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,133 times
Well that all sounds fun... im going to Newport Beach, is there anything to do there??

Old 12-04-2010, 09:16 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobster248 View Post
whatfun stuff there is to do for teenagers in L.A., especially at nights?
All suggestions still welcome!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:02 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Stop bringing up old threads from 2008!!!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,619 times
I'm 16 in LA and parties are pretty scarce. Have someone throw a house party for you but that will most likely be shut down. Also weed is really easy to get in Cali plus we have some of the best if not the best bud in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles