U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 03:43 PM

126 posts, read 76,753 times

Advertisements

I used to hear saying "Los Angeles is city of Angeles" however i must admit "City of Bums" fits better.
This got so much worse in 2015, they are everywhere from walk of fame to Skidrow, Disney Land, Santa Monica Pier etc and pretty much anywhere where there's public transportation.

That's not mentioning countless RV's parked all over the city and people living from them.

I would not care if they were cool people mind they own business but most of them are on hard drugs and crack/meth and blasting music, defecate on sidewalks, harass you for change, shout and blast music and smell like they never taken a shower in their life.

P.S. Guess this topic better suited for people who live in city of LA and have to take public transportation if you drive by it does not affect you the same as if you have to walk near them.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:14 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,041,744 times
Agreed. It isn't as bad in the San Fernando Valley though and is nearly nonexistent north of the 118. As you alluded to, there is no public transportation there.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:55 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,599,513 times
It's gotten many times worse over the past 6 months.
It certainly wont get better since the dillweeds on the city council and the worthless mayor are more concerned with getting the Olympics and making traffic worse by adding bike only and bus only lanes on the major streets.
I dont have a solution but this problem is not good for anybody.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:08 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,417,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
I used to hear saying "Los Angeles is city of Angeles" however i must admit "City of Bums" fits better.
This got so much worse in 2015, they are everywhere from walk of fame to Skidrow, Disney Land, Santa Monica Pier etc and pretty much anywhere where there's public transportation.

That's not mentioning countless RV's parked all over the city and people living from them.

I would not care if they were cool people mind they own business but most of them are on hard drugs and crack/meth and blasting music, defecate on sidewalks, harass you for change, shout and blast music and smell like they never taken a shower in their life.
If you think its bad here than u better not ever step in NYC in ur life.
And BTW, i wouldnt classify being in an RV as homeless. Even if it is an eyesore

Old 09-20-2015, 06:02 PM

8,274 posts, read 10,526,318 times
More obvious in Honolulu and San Francisco, IMO

Old 09-20-2015, 06:04 PM

496 posts, read 407,730 times
O gosh, not another one of these threads. (Not that I don't see the issues, but constantly complaining does not change anything)

Old 09-20-2015, 06:09 PM

126 posts, read 76,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
If you think its bad here than u better not ever step in NYC in ur life.
And BTW, i wouldnt classify being in an RV as homeless. Even if it is an eyesore
Actually stayed there for almost year, and my GF from new york saying that she never seen this many homeless there.

I don't mind RV / Van's its just 90% cases there's dug addicts pop out of them.

I see a pattern in having warm weather and homeless e.g. northern states don't have as many because i guess they freeze to death during winter i guess its not a problem in southern states.

Is it possible that some homeless people who become homeless in other states traveled to LA?

P.S. i am complaining just trying to have an conversation and possibly find a solution to the problem.

Last edited by Petrovich; 09-20-2015 at 06:18 PM..

Old 09-20-2015, 06:12 PM

5 posts, read 6,235 times
Default Very true

Your post is 100% correct! Those bums and drug addicted tweakers are worse than ever! California has fallen into the third world pits because they let everybody in and the secret people that control what is considered politically correct will make any critic into a racist thanks to the liberal media. Think about it for a minute, if you were a drug addicted loser bum living as a bum in California is a great choice. The weather is nice and the liberal give it all away Californians will keep handing you money everyday! Perfect!

Old 09-20-2015, 06:21 PM

8,839 posts, read 8,975,588 times
Some of these people are so scummy that, even if you pour ammoniafied urine where they sleep, they'll still sleep there regardless of the remarkably pungent smell. And don't bother politely asking them to move -- they don't care whether or not you want them camping in your neighborhood.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:30 PM

13,898 posts, read 13,565,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
not another one of these threads. (Not that I don't see the issues, but constantly complaining does not change anything)
Really. Can we merge some of these threads? LA is the homeless capital of the United States. LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles