Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 06:12 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times

Advertisements

Early this morning during the rush hour they closed off Hubbard st. a main artery in and out of Sylmar, used by half the town to get on the freeway to get to work or whateaver.
Because of a fuel spill on the freeway off ramp, Hubbard is a wide 4 lane st. with a center median and they closed the whole street including the freeway on ramp. I doubt this was necessary to cleanup the spill.
This cause a traffic jam like I've never seen in 25 years I've lived here all over all the residuantial streets cars were jammed up not moving.
At noon Hubbard was still blocked off.
I'm a lifelong drag racing fan and I've seen numerious times where the whole 1/4 mile track got oiled and they had it cleaned up in 20 minutes.
Your tax money is paying for this unbelievable goverment worker ineptness, 5 guys standing around with one guy working, you sure don't see that in private industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 06:19 PM

302 posts, read 453,064 times
There's a huge difference - Drag Racing tracks have people on standby and there's only a few cars on the track. They don't have to do much to clear the area and are prepared for something like that. All governments aren't prepared for that. They don't go through the same extensive training. Their main purpose is to save lives, then get whoever they need to remove the debris and cars.

Seems like you're upset because you were probably late to work, but that's part of living here. There's always going to be a lot of traffic.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:11 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Early this morning during the rush hour they closed off Hubbard st. a main artery in and out of Sylmar, used by half the town to get on the freeway to get to work or whateaver.
Because of a fuel spill on the freeway off ramp, Hubbard is a wide 4 lane st. with a center median and they closed the whole street including the freeway on ramp. I doubt this was necessary to cleanup the spill.
This cause a traffic jam like I've never seen in 25 years I've lived here all over all the residuantial streets cars were jammed up not moving.
At noon Hubbard was still blocked off.
I'm a lifelong drag racing fan and I've seen numerious times where the whole 1/4 mile track got oiled and they had it cleaned up in 20 minutes.
Your tax money is paying for this unbelievable goverment worker ineptness, 5 guys standing around with one guy working, you sure don't see that in private industry.
csb

Too bad you couldnt crack open a nice cold beer.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:59 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
For an old guy you sure seem to have a child's grasp on English, V8.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
For an old guy you sure seem to have a child's grasp on English, V8.
Must have been the fumes from the fuel spill.

[dizzy]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: