Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 01:52 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie'smom View Post
i'd prefer one semi- decent response, from a remotely normal human being, than 200 responses from mental midgets who live, breathe and die on city-data.

Oh, and i didn't ask you to read…anything beyond 200 characters i'm sure, makes your brain explode. So pass on cool guy…there has to be some more 'city-data-ing' that you have to do tonight. Don't want your 'numbers' to get too low.
lmfao!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 07:33 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,907 times
this thread is cancer

Old 12-16-2015, 08:12 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie'sMom View Post
I'm very frugal. Being from the east coast and midwest, I've always had a very strong respect for money. The more money we've made as a family, the tighter I seem to get with it.
I was born and raised in New York City. The more money I have, the tighter I get. I hate spending money on anything. I have enough cash in the bank to buy a house, but I've been house-hunting for years because I can't decide. So I stay in my condo in Santa Monica, not because I like my condo or Santa Monica, but because it's what I know.

Quote:
I get buyers remorse very easily and buyers guilt.
So do I. I finally placed an offer on a house this summer, and was relieved when I was outbid. It got me off the hook.

Quote:
LA is my achilles heel. I can't stand yet, I've always wanted to leave/planned on leaving, and now that I have the means to, career/moneywise/family etc, I'm nervous. It drives me absolutely insane b/c I don't want to even be here.
I hate L.A. too. I only came for the entertainment biz. I've been planning to move to Seattle for years. (I love cold and rain and gray skies.) Or maybe to Portland or Santa Fe. But probably to Seattle. Yet here I stay.

Quote:
I'm so tight with money, that despite getting a great deal on a home that we know is worth more than what we are paying, there is still a part of me that thinks, 'well, we could go get a $600,000, (which is wellllllll below our budget) tract home, shoddy build, not what we want nor like, and THEN our mortgage could be super low and that means more money!!
Yes, I could have gotten good deals on houses, especially since I'm an all-cash buyer. But I haven't bought any houses, because the thought of spending all that cash sickens me.

Quote:
is any of this normal?
You sound perfectly normal.

Quote:
I am always obsessing about it. Maybe b/c despite having a great childhood, not being 'poor' etc, I never anticipated having this much and being able to make such a huge financial decision.
Yes, it's scary to think that I can write a check for nearly a million (I have more, but that's my self-imposed spending limit for a house, since I'd want a large cash cushion remaining). And then, all of a sudden, all that money is no longer in my bank account, and I'm looking at this house, which might go up or down in value. And I'm stuck in that house, in a new city, that just possibly I might hate, because it's not what I know.

Quote:
I worry about not being able to sell the house at some point.
Perfectly normal to feel that way. Makes absolutely no sense. People will always need houses, and real estate goes up over the long term. But perfectly normal to feel that way nonetheless.

It's lucky we're not married. We'd be mutually self-reinforcing. We'd probably die in a $100-a-month ghetto rathole, with $10 million in the bank.

Last edited by Cinema Cat; 12-16-2015 at 08:47 AM..

Old 12-16-2015, 08:47 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
this thread is cancer
This thread is great!

Old 12-16-2015, 02:42 PM

302 posts, read 453,064 times
Quote:
I actually (just a moment ago) stated that I may have double posted in the LA thread. By mistake. What I didn't envision, was that by ME moving, or even by me saying whatever it is I don't like in LA, that it would actually incite people into a defensive frenzy as if LA is their very own momma. I truly had zero clue that people were this emotional and defensive about something as petty as a 'place.' I mean, where is all of this loyalty to LA when the Lakers lose?
You had no clue that people were this emotional and defensive about something as petty as a place, but yet here you are posting your life story, with enough words to match the Bible in word count, closing in on a nervous breakdown because you have to go through "change". Even your kids would tell you to get the sand out of your genitals.

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like California, and there are many things I appreciate about LA in general, I mean, I did meet my husband here and my career has been built here…two things that probably couldn't have happened elsewhere. I'm very passionate about my home teams, favorite colors, restaurants, etc…but I'm not going to take personal offense to someone who doesn't share my thoughts…it just seems, well….like a waste of time. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one. So what? Just enjoy your life, be confident in what you like and let live.

I'm all for the dialogue on city data, but I'll be damned if I'm scrolling through threads looking for sh*t that pisses me off, or I disagree with, so that I can go to war over why the person is wrong and I'm right. But to each his own.
You may have said it before, but from looking around all I see are posts insulting other members, telling them to put pictures up and post their lives on CD as if it were on Facebook. You seem like the attention seeking type. You weren't really asking for advice on how to get over the fear of change from being a first time home buyer, were you? Because you've stated you have a place in the Caribbean, Florida, and you'll still have a place in California. So if you got over it 3 previous times, get over it again. Whatever "it" actually is. If you were really looking for advice, you would've sought a therapist or psychiatrist. We already know you can afford it.

And before you state, "if you don't like it, you could've just avoided it", the reality is, no I couldn't have without opening it first. You wrote a long-winded post without a purpose, without a plot. It's just words on the internet. And before you ask why I read it, it's because I actually like pointing people towards help when they actually need it. I was waiting for that part in your post, but got to the end and realized this is a "look at me and petty me" thread.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:53 PM

She still called out the fanboys who have no life other than "living, breathing, dying city-data," and it was spot on and absolutely hilarious. "Mental midgets" lmao. Why aren't said people out enjoying all LA has to offer, basking in its perfection instead of trolling on here daily/hourly and just looking for things to disagree and argue with? Anyone?

I lmao'd just because it started out somewhat vague and long-winded (no offense op) yet as soon as the usual LA defender crew started in on her she snapped back almost instantly, perfectly concisely, and obliterated them which made me ROFL....hard.

Last edited by Mister 7; 12-16-2015 at 05:12 PM..

Old 12-16-2015, 06:29 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
She still called out the fanboys who have no life other than "living, breathing, dying city-data," and it was spot on and absolutely hilarious. "Mental midgets" lmao. Why aren't said people out enjoying all LA has to offer, basking in its perfection instead of trolling on here daily/hourly and just looking for things to disagree and argue with? Anyone?

I lmao'd just because it started out somewhat vague and long-winded (no offense op) yet as soon as the usual LA defender crew started in on her she snapped back almost instantly, perfectly concisely, and obliterated them which made me ROFL....hard.
A better question is why you're bolstering a long-winded troll who's posted 60+ times in one week.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:44 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,907 times
Quote:

hold up...i spend a lot of time on city data, but best believe I enjoy LA to the fullest. Others here who arent disgurnetled feel the same way. Just because YOU don't feel that way, doesn't mean the majority don't.

Seriously, nobody cares about OP's long winded statement or anybody who doesn't enjoy the city. Some act like city data is a personal journal. We americans are the most entitled bunch on planet earth. I am glad that you moved to a new city were you can be happy. Leave the rest of us alone.

/rant over.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
A better question is why you're bolstering a long-winded troll who's posted 60+ times in one week.
bc it was funny.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:49 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
bc it was funny.
Really? Would it have been funny if I said she needs ****?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles