Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 09:09 PM

5 posts, read 4,119 times

Advertisements

Visiting LA in feb then off to new mexico, been in 2014 during spring break, stayed in Santa Monica motel, rented a car from dollar rentals,

Seen the usual sights around that area,
S. Monica area,
Science center,
Hollywood,
Observatory.
Mulholland Dr.
Universal studios,
Rodeo Dr.
Beverly hills/Westfield
Farmers market (w. Hollywood)
Hooters s. Monica (what happened to it?)
Watts towers, (not really a tourist friendly place)

Loved el polo loco and tacoking,

Looking for other sights and reasonable motels to stay,

Would like to see/eat
LA/million $ theater
Google googles
Randy's donuts
Skidrow
Disney concert hall
Plaza mexico
South of la
Long beach
Queen Mary

Eat
Crawfish (boiling crab)
Lemonade
Other la food,

Any other things worth seeing?, food, architectural places etc
Key words are fine I can Google the rest,

I know I could just Google it but its best to know what the residents consider worthy in LA, love LA BTW

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 03:35 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,797,137 times
What the heck does lemonade have to do with LA?

Old 01-08-2016, 09:42 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,888,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
. Or crawfish!

In LA you'll need to check out great Mexican and Asian food, then definitely check out seafood along various scenic beaches up & down the coast.

Starting from north in Oxnard, visit Channel Island seafood, esp. The "spider crab" that's only available from deep waters in Oxnard and Austrailia. The 10 lbm+ crab is sweet and makes a great day trip driving up there.

Malibu - visit Gladstone for Fish. It's located on PCH and Topanga CYN Blvd, sitting by the cliff seeing out to the Pacific Ocean. Go there for a 5pm dinner and watch the sunset. The other place is Malibu seafood which is also very good.

Venice Beach - a must-see street entertainment. Makes a fun afternoon.

Redondo Beach - King Harbor. Sort of a tourist trap but you are a tourist

Long Beach - seaport village near the Aquarium, many good restaurants there though they are mainly national chains. You can also purchase a ticket on a very fast airboat that takes you to Avalon in Catalina Island a d spend a fun day there shop & eat.

Huntington Beach - where surfer babes & beach bunnies hang out, but not sure if they will be around in February.

Newport Beach - you can rent a skiff and tour the harbor from a boat and see all the million-dollar mansions. Follow up with some hot clam chowder soup in one of many seafood restaurants.

Enjoy your visit

Old 01-08-2016, 01:04 PM

5 posts, read 4,119 times
Sorry about that, I didn't underline eat, I was wondering what else is there to eat, and drink,
Thanks anyway, I will check out south of LA,

Is there anything on the other side of LA?, cerritos,Downey?,

Old 01-08-2016, 03:11 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,888,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzla View Post
Sorry about that, I didn't underline eat, I was wondering what else is there to eat, and drink,
Thanks anyway, I will check out south of LA,

Is there anything on the other side of LA?, cerritos,Downey?,
If you enjoy driving & thrills, drive out on 101 west to Thousand Oaks, exit of Westlake Village Blvd and continue south. WLV Blvd becomes Decker Canyon as you drive through the Santa Monica mountains toward Malibu where you can enjoy breath-taking views and several hundred feet drop offs inches from your tires.

You will also see beautiful mansions built for the Hollywood elites amid the back drop of canyons. If you are more adventurous, take a left turn as you cross the Mulholland highway and continue to Las Virgenes road, go south and it will take you to the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH).

You will see the beauty of Santa Monica mountains, a sight not many tourists get to see & appreciate.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:49 PM

10,084 posts, read 15,792,101 times
Quote:
Maybe that restaurant chain? I think it's exclusive to the LA area, and it is pretty good. Doubt that's what the OP is talking about though.

What is Google googles?

Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,641,241 times
If you think the Watts Towers isn't visitor friendly, you need to skip skid row (which is horrible).

Old 01-08-2016, 07:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,054,443 times
What were you planning to do on skid row?

If you want to volunteer at the Union Rescue Mission.... call them and let them know. They'll be happy to put you to work serving the needy.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:41 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,781,560 times
Quote:
Lemonade is an eatery in Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles