Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 PM

93 posts, read 129,379 times

Advertisements

You think you can quote something he said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 02:52 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Wow another one this time Taco Bell employee shot by gang member in Anaheim today

Man shot in Anaheim Taco Bell parking lot - The Orange County Register

Old 02-18-2016, 10:10 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Santa Ana's third shooting in three days being investigated

Since January, there have been more than 50 shootings in Santa Ana and 82 assaults with deadly weapons, Santa Ana Police Cpl. Anthony Bertanga said Wednesday. Most of those incidents were gang-related.

Santa Ana's third shooting in three days being investigated - The Orange County Register

At this point I think OC police agencies need a joint gang task force before things really get out of control here

Thank you police for taking down some more scum bags the good folks appreciate it

Old 02-18-2016, 10:12 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,907 times
^^^^^This the LA forum not the OC. Stop trying to scare people in LA you have your own forum in CD.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:15 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
the Gang problem in Los Angeles has been a battle for freaking decades so it's like do you call in the National guard or declare martial law on the cities that's been out of control all these years ?
They have a suspect now.
Man arrested in killing of 1-year-old baby in Compton - LA Times

Old 02-25-2016, 05:58 PM

34 posts, read 38,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol.

I think they just hang out and have dance offs to keep traditions alive. The Jets and the Sharks really outdid themselves this time fighting over Natalie Wood. Then Michael Jackson did his Beat It dance routine just as the Jets and Sharks were going to get in a righteous fight in the projects. Then they all danced because no one wants to be defeated. Michael won.
You just seriously made my day. I laughed really hard at this!

The OP is pretty damn oblivious to ask that.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:22 PM

34 posts, read 38,943 times
I think what has changed is that in the 90's there were gangs but there was also a HUGE fad of suburban white kids wanting to be Gangsters after watching "Colors" and "Boyz in da Hood."

1. One of the responses said it wasn't "in" anymore. That part is partly true in the sense that the fashion of the shaved head and baggy pants has changed and the only people you see dressed like that are old school stuck in their ways veterans or people fresh out of prison from doing a lot of time. Nobody dresses like that anymore. So that part is kinda true, that style is out of style.

2. A LOT of people trying to find a cheaper and better way of life for their kids moved to the Antelope Valley and Inland Empire. But as someone else had already mentioned, they brought their lil hooligans with them. So needless to say - they brought gangs to areas that were originally redneck or hick towns.

3. Most people in gangs, don't bother regular people. The idiot tourist on the Red line was probably was asking insulting and demeaning questions. It's not like they walk around in packs looking for people to pick on. It's not uncommon for gangs to get into it with each other, which is what we read and see on the news, but very rarely do they just find people to terrorize.

4. A lot of the people in gangs are from places of poverty and they are often 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation. I have seen people refuse to raise their kids that way and they change and get their children away from that and I have also see the other side where they consider it really cool to have their kids be the next generation.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:30 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisstata View Post
I think what has changed is that in the 90's there were gangs but there was also a HUGE fad of suburban white kids wanting to be Gangsters after watching "Colors" and "Boyz in da Hood."

1. One of the responses said it wasn't "in" anymore. That part is partly true in the sense that the fashion of the shaved head and baggy pants has changed and the only people you see dressed like that are old school stuck in their ways veterans or people fresh out of prison from doing a lot of time. Nobody dresses like that anymore. So that part is kinda true, that style is out of style.

2. A LOT of people trying to find a cheaper and better way of life for their kids moved to the Antelope Valley and Inland Empire. But as someone else had already mentioned, they brought their lil hooligans with them. So needless to say - they brought gangs to areas that were originally redneck or hick towns.

3. Most people in gangs, don't bother regular people. The idiot tourist on the Red line was probably was asking insulting and demeaning questions. It's not like they walk around in packs looking for people to pick on. It's not uncommon for gangs to get into it with each other, which is what we read and see on the news, but very rarely do they just find people to terrorize.

4. A lot of the people in gangs are from places of poverty and they are often 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation. I have seen people refuse to raise their kids that way and they change and get their children away from that and I have also see the other side where they consider it really cool to have their kids be the next generation.
I still think their must have been a huge decline in gang membership over the years

Old 02-25-2016, 08:38 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I still think their must have been a huge decline in gang membership over the years
Yeah probably.. Many programs such as after school programs came about and were created...

Old 02-27-2016, 06:08 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Unfortunately, no.

LA Police: Gangs, Homelessness Fuel Huge Increase in Crime

L.A. Gangs

'Cyber banging' drives new generation of gang violence - LA Times

Gang Violence Escalates In South LA - Story | KTTV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles