Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 07:04 PM

286 posts, read 295,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Ah ok, yeah we definitely have a massive homeless problem due to our weather.
speaking of weather, can you describe the la weather?
i was always under the assumption that it's dry heat 60-80 year round perfect, however i talked to one local and he said la gets to 90s and 100s in the summer and humidity on top of it because of the ocean is that true?

when i was there it was 58 overcast gloomy with a cold breeze off the ocean and drizzling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 07:07 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriss92 View Post
i was always under the assumption that it's dry heat 60-80 year round perfect, however i talked to one local and he said la gets to 90s and 100s in the summer and humidity on top of it because of the ocean is that true?

when i was there it was 58 overcast gloomy with a cold breeze off the ocean and drizzling
Yes, LA can get hot. And you'll be surprised at how temperatures differ so much depending on where in LA you are. Further away from the water you are, hotter it gets.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
yes i was in a way, more so just about how sprawled out it was, i also can't judge because i literally had about 4 hours out in the city exploring that is all i had time for, so all i was able to see was west century blvd, venice beach and the ride to and from the hotel to venice and also the airport

LOL.....you didn't see LA. Four hours? You saw a very limited area. You can't judge any place on your limited amount of time and only seeing such a small area.

Come back and visit, spend at least a week, see a lot more and explore.

You remind me of a young woman who told me she didn't like LA. Turns out she went to Disneyland once, I explained to her you weren't even in LA County.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:21 PM

34 posts, read 38,943 times
Quote:

Well....contrary to popular belief, we do have changes in our weather.

It is currently winter and therefore the weather is slightly cooler and although we have been having a horrible drought for 6 years, this season has seen a lil more rain and cloudiness. But it only lasts a day or two. Today for example was nice and I will admit that Fall and Spring have perfect temperatures.

But ohhhhhhh how I hate the summers. By the beach communities it is probably 80-90's but further inland like the Valleys it can get into 110s! I work from home and a/c is a must. But it is a dry heat usually. It's rarely humid. This last summer was a slight exception, but it also rained in July and that is highly abnormal.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:26 PM

286 posts, read 295,200 times
ah that is good to know that it is a dry heat, heat is bearable its the oppressive humidity that i throw the towel in

Old 01-21-2016, 07:31 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
ah that is good to know that it is a dry heat, heat is bearable
Not if you're outside for a while.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:34 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
LA doesn't have one thing, where you're like, "WOAH." It's a bunch of little things, partly due to the sprawl and partly due to the fact that there isn't that one thing.

Venice is kinda cool, but it's become it's own character and really once you've seen it, there's only a couple good restaurants and high end shops. It still has a homeless problem, but the canals are cool.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:49 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
It can easily hit 120 over the summer in LA. And last week I drove 40 minutes and was in the snow in the Angeles forest. Weather is more diverse than I imagined when I first moved here

Old 01-21-2016, 08:55 PM

850 posts, read 796,545 times
Quote:
i was recently in LA for the first time ever, first time that far west to be exact, and i must say i was not as impressed as i thought i would be, and that is no pun intended to your city.
i was surprised by really run down and sketchy some areas around the airport was ( the area i spent most time)

i was also surprised at how nice people were, all you hear about is how self centered and stuck up people in la are, sure i came across my fair share of dbag wealthy business guys walking around with their nose up but thats everywhere, two prime examples the one bartender i had at the westin gave me all the advice i needed to go check out venice beach as that was the only " tourist" place i had time for and really wanted to check out, my second encounter with a local was someone who was in my uber ride share with me and she was a local since '94 and she talked my ear off the entire half hour ride about areas in my budget i could live among other things involving the city.

i was blown away and in awe over all the palm trees lining the streets and at the beach i live where we have no such thing , however I'm also surprised at how many homeless people there are, almost the entire walkway on venice in front of the shops and bars were lined with a homeless community some were to themselves honest people that fell on hard times other were belligerent and yelling at people and attacking people verbally/ harassing, i even came across a wack job at carl jr hardy's he was yelling over and over again how they put bread on his burger and ruined his night

all in all i was not impressed as i thought i would, but i also was in a bad part of the city due to time constraints and no ride, but i look forward to hopefully making this my home someday
This post is my exact thoughts, I think LA is a pain the ass and a bit overrated, but the beach cites and weather are nice. People are not as bad as the reputation. You might want to try visiting some nicer areas like weho, pasadena and westwood.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:59 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
It can easily hit 120 over the summer in LA. And last week I drove 40 minutes and was in the snow in the Angeles forest. Weather is more diverse than I imagined when I first moved here
120? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles