Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:40 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
It's a pretty popular place to live. As is Woodland Hills that can get nearly as hot. And certainly 120 bouncing off blacktop when you are out at the mall
Nice asspull, but there's no saving face for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 09:08 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Your cousin doesn't sound too well rounded. Probably thinks track housing and dining at Red Lobster is living large.

Her comment on architecture speaks volumes. Probably likes everything new and shiny and all the houses look exactly the same...sigh.

Having driven across TX from Longview to the east down to El Paso, TX is butt ugly. Flat and hardly any trees.

People for the most part are nice, but what an ugly state overall.

As far as the OP goes, they saw nothing other than the airport and surrounding area.

As one poster already said that would be like landing at O'Hare and just seeing the section of Chicago by the airport and think that all there is to Chicago.
You are one passive aggressive, guy. Jeez. She's a young kid who grew up in the burbs and I knew her expectations were high due to her being a pop driven kinda gal. I didn't think her comments were any worse then what I've heard people say out in the OC. It's kind of typical for people who live in nice suburban cookie cutter areas to diss the city.

You drove to El Paso and thought it was flat? How did you drive east down Longview and end up in El Paso? El Paso is so far west it's kissing New Mexico. Clearly you're full of it and just wanted to take an unneeded swipe at Texas but I'll let that slide considering that's just who ya are.

Anyways, my initial point was to say that regardless of the OP being in LA only four hours and judging the place (which is ridiculous) I've found that people who don't think much of cities to begin with might find LA less desirable. They put it in the "like to visit but never live there pile".

Old 01-22-2016, 09:22 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
worse then what I've heard people say out in the OC. It's kind of typical for people who live in nice suburban cookie cutter areas to diss the city.
That speaks volumes and is really very sad if they do.

They really don't look good at all and etc.. when they do that.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
That speaks volumes and is really very sad if they do.

They really don't look good at all and etc.. when they do that.
Of course they don't. But why is that so sad? I kind of expect that from people who live way out on the outskirts. A guy from Camarillo who used to work with me would tear LA a new one all the time. I figured it was a pretty common thing among some people who don't live near the city at all. It's their outlook on life and their loss.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 PM

317 posts, read 403,493 times
I visited LA in May last year for 9 days, had a rental and drove nearly 900 miles around LA. I loved it. I coudnt belive how HUGE the city is and how wide everything was compared to NYC, and even with how huge it is, I found it so easy to navigate, just look towards the hollywood sign and thats north, if you see downtown than its a bit south east, you see the beach, its west. The roads are laid out pretty easy and I learned alot in such little aomunt of time. But I loved the scenery, great driving roads, beaches, diversity in neighborhoods, palm trees, great amount of scenic views into the city from the hills, and obviously the three W's, but I also liked how it looked like a normal city too. Not everything was perfect and polished, there is some grime in the midst of a beautiful city.

Needless to say, I got a job transfer to LA and will be living there in 3 days, only 8.5 months later.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Of course they don't. But why is that so sad? I kind of expect that from people who live way out on the outskirts. A guy from Camarillo who used to work with me would tear LA a new one all the time. I figured it was a pretty common thing among some people who don't live near the city at all. It's their outlook on life and their loss.
Of course its real sad..

Old 01-22-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Of course its real sad..
Hey, more for us to enjoy. There will always be types that prefer the country or the burbs and will never see the dynamism of the urban landscape.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Hey, more for us to enjoy. There will always be types that prefer the country or the burbs and will never see the dynamism of the urban landscape.
Thats another thing.. The country can be a whole 'nother world better than the burbs too.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Thats another thing.. The country can be a whole 'nother world better than the burbs too.
No denying that.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:58 AM

286 posts, read 294,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Your cousin doesn't sound too well rounded. Probably thinks track housing and dining at Red Lobster is living large.

Her comment on architecture speaks volumes. Probably likes everything new and shiny and all the houses look exactly the same...sigh.

Having driven across TX from Longview to the east down to El Paso, TX is butt ugly. Flat and hardly any trees.

People for the most part are nice, but what an ugly state overall.

As far as the OP goes, they saw nothing other than the airport and surrounding area.

As one poster already said that would be like landing at O'Hare and just seeing the section of Chicago by the airport and think that all there is to Chicago.

Except I'm not brain dead and I actually know there's more and amazing stuff in la I based my first thoughts of the parts I saw , didn't think it was that hard to comprehend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles