Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 05:33 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,514,152 times

Advertisements

Although it's not a subway, the LRT station where the Blue and Green Lines cross is always good for seriously crowded scenes during rush hour. I forget what it's called; I think it's the first one north of Watts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 06:02 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
Although it's not a subway, the LRT station where the Blue and Green Lines cross is always good for seriously crowded scenes during rush hour. I forget what it's called; I think it's the first one north of Watts.
South of Watts, Willowbrook Station.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
South of Watts, Willowbrook Station.
oh, OK. South of Watts then. I haven't been on the Green Line for about 17 years now.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:02 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,973,344 times
Quote:
Compton station isn't as busy but it's also a good station to take pictures, with the big Compton sign and the murals.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
If you want reasonably crowded platforms and trains, the upper level of Seventh Street/ Metro Center is good. I'll link to a couple of photos I've taken later today.

The available space on this platform is less than on the lower level platforms, so the degree of crowding is worse.
ETA:

Early afternoon arrival at 7th Street Metro Center, from Culver City
(Own work). This was on the Expo Line.

Late afternoon, waiting for the next outbound train (Own Work), on Flickr

Crowded train by Those Who Squirm on Flickr. This arriving Blue Line train left a minute or two later for Culver City. Because they switch routes like this is probably one reason Metro hasn't begun to use the far platform routinely. Also, this platform is closer to the downstairs platform, so it's almost always more convenient.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:32 PM

611 posts, read 1,600,204 times
I help you out with some photos. I take photos all the time in the metro stations while waiting for the train. lol
All photos are my own.

Hollywood & Highland Redline

North Hollywood Station

Wilshire & Normandie Purple Line-

Pershing Square Redline

Hollywood & Vine Redline-

Pershing Square-

7th St. & Metro

Union Station-

Random Shots-

Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscape View Post
I help you out with some photos. I take photos all the time in the metro stations while waiting for the train. lol
All photos are my own.

Hollywood & Highland Redline

North Hollywood Station

Wilshire & Normandie Purple Line-

Pershing Square Redline

Hollywood & Vine Redline-

Pershing Square-

7th St. & Metro

Union Station-

Random Shots-

Awesome Pics! I really like the view from Expo/La Cienega Station on the expo line. On a clear day that view is beautiful. Especially, with the smell from the See's Candy factory....mmmm...that smell of pralines on a beautiful afternoon day.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:19 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,292,089 times
I know times are tough these days and all but wow...

..even SUPERMAN has to take the train? Doesn't he have a movie coming out soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles