U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 01:10 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,351,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
One of my good friends has a serious obsession with getting to the rooftop of every building he's staying at. And you'd be surprised how many of them make it that easy to get to the roof top.

When the Lam story broke, I wasn't even surprised she got to the roof. The quality of the employees at Stay on Main/Cecil are probably not the best - things go unlocked all the time.
What's weird is that it's always reported that Lam's access to the roof is mysterious, that she had to get past a locked, alarmed door. They don't even lock the water tanks on the roof, let alone the door to the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 04:24 PM

893 posts, read 496,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What's weird is that it's always reported that Lam's access to the roof is mysterious, that she had to get past a locked, alarmed door. They don't even lock the water tanks on the roof, let alone the door to the roof.
I think the news media wanted to generate a story. Mystery sells since all kinds of theories fill the void.

Looking at the elevator video, I always felt the only consistent explanation is if she was on LSD. No one does that circular gesture with their hands while they're scared for their life or even talking to somebody - she was tripping. And given her history of mental problems and depression, and the fact she was tripping by herself, it's no surprise to me it ended this way as tragic as it did.

I'm sure she ran across a ton of low-lifes by skid-row who offered to sell her all sorts of drugs.

Did they test for LSD on her toxicology report? Never looked into it, I know they tested her for some controlled substances but they never test for all and LSD is often left off the list.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:58 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,351,854 times
She didn't have any drugs in her system, but it seems to me like she just stopped taking her bi-polar prescriptions because she was partying while on vacation and ended up having a manic episode. That said, lots of weird stuff was going on the last few days of her life, and not a lot of it can be bully explained by bi-polar disorder.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:20 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,008,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
I think the news media wanted to generate a story. Mystery sells since all kinds of theories fill the void.

Looking at the elevator video, I always felt the only consistent explanation is if she was on LSD. No one does that circular gesture with their hands while they're scared for their life or even talking to somebody - she was tripping. And given her history of mental problems and depression, and the fact she was tripping by herself, it's no surprise to me it ended this way as tragic as it did.

I'm sure she ran across a ton of low-lifes by skid-row who offered to sell her all sorts of drugs.

Did they test for LSD on her toxicology report? Never looked into it, I know they tested her for some controlled substances but they never test for all and LSD is often left off the list.
There is a lot that we'll probably never know. But the "official" story is far from complete.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:02 AM

72 posts, read 59,878 times
I stayed there when I first arrived to LA, it wasn't bad at all. I believe it was $35 a night (this was a few yrs ago)

Old 03-20-2016, 02:07 AM

184 posts, read 94,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyuna View Post
I believe it was $35 a night (this was a few yrs ago)
Asked them once like around that time and it was like close to $99 or something...

Old 03-20-2016, 02:12 AM

72 posts, read 59,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribes View Post
Asked them once like around that time and it was like close to $99 or something...
Was it during the weekend? That's crazy, I booked a couple of days during the week so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Plus I got the most basic room, had to use community bathroom/shower

Old 03-20-2016, 02:27 AM

184 posts, read 94,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyuna View Post
Was it during the weekend? That's crazy, I booked a couple of days during the week so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Plus I got the most basic room, had to use community bathroom/shower
that probably was it then.....

Old 03-20-2016, 03:05 AM

1,222 posts, read 1,217,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
It's a violation of the Fire Code to lock the door providing roof access.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:21 AM

741 posts, read 546,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
I'm pretty sure the hotel is closed.

I don't know why anyone would want to stay there.

For the "experience" Raven...that's what its all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles