U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 04:28 AM

72 posts, read 59,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
What I do wouldn't work for you. I just live a normal life and doing so doesn't cause asthma attacks. Even if someone here were experiencing similar issues, their advice wouldn't necessarily translate to your condition. Perhaps consulting your doctor would be more useful.
It only happens when I run outdoors so i guess it could be allergies, but I totally forgot that people smoke cigarettes willingly so I can see how the air quality could be a non issue to most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 05:33 AM

13,902 posts, read 13,570,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Are U kidding? I am old enough to remember the 1970's. You have no idea how bad it was back then.
Me, too. History of Smog | L.A. Weekly

Old 03-20-2016, 08:23 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,144,417 times
I don't see any smog.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:03 AM

330 posts, read 406,665 times
For a big city that LA is with so many cars, smog here is relatively not bad. If your lungs don't feel comfortable here then I'm afraid LA isn't for you. I actually favor deregulation of smog rules on older cars because CA care smog laws are ridiculous. I've got couple of cars from 90's, and over the years max allowable emissions is getting lower. CA smog law requires older cars to run cleaner than when those were new

Old 03-20-2016, 11:09 AM

508 posts, read 363,689 times
Smog is nothing like it used to be. It used to bother me 20 years ago but no more.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:12 AM

3,196 posts, read 2,355,398 times
I go for jogs and hikes all the time and I've only been bothered by the air quality once. And that was a day that I later found out was one of the worst air-quality days in a decade. It sounds like you have respiratory health problems, OP. You should see your doctor.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:59 PM

227 posts, read 79,668 times
Default I too worry about smog

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyuna View Post
It only happens when I run outdoors so i guess it could be allergies, but I totally forgot that people smoke cigarettes willingly so I can see how the air quality could be a non issue to most.

I am considering a relo to L.A. and do have bronchial asthma. Everyone's situation is different depending on the severity of their condition. I don't know if you have asthma but if you're feeling asthma-like symptoms and you think it's due to smog, then perhaps L.A. isn't good for you (or me for that matter). Guess on my next visit, I should do some jogging outside to see how I feel. A good way to test is to go swimming in a heated indoor pool and see if you have difficulty holding your breath underwater.

I hope a doctor can provide you with more insight into what you're dealing with.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:03 PM

11,077 posts, read 9,009,200 times
If you are affected by the smog we have here then you most likely have some underlying health issues.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:54 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,600,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
What I do wouldn't work for you. I just live a normal life and doing so doesn't cause asthma attacks. Even if someone here were experiencing similar issues, their advice wouldn't necessarily translate to your condition. Perhaps consulting your doctor would be more useful.
Exactly.
Go see an allergist. They can help you live with asthma.
If it is effecting your daily living and quality of life then help from an allergist is in order.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 PM

73 posts, read 39,268 times
I am starting to really get upset and angry of this BS! Mexico City of all people are actually starting to do more!

Mexico City Bans Many Cars in First Smog Alert in 11 Years - ABC News

...Meanwhile, LA county and SD county have seen some of the worst air in many years and it's being ignored. The EPA continues to reject several Southern California smog-fighting programs. Why? Who is behind this? Right now Downtown Los Angeles is sitting under a cloud of smog. You can look for yourself in webcams. That's not fog people.

Los Angeles-North Main Street Air Pollution: Real-time PM2.5 Air Quality Index (AQI)

This is the unhealthy for everyone stage and it shouldn't be happening in 2016. What happened to action days? Bakersfield and Kern county has them, why not here? On March 2nd the smog was so bad that for some you couldn't even go outdoors yet you heard nothing about it on the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or