Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:39 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu1 View Post
Interesting I would never have thought Black and Latino was a popular combination as I have never seen that combo or maybe I did and probably just assumed they were black. I am not sure if your list is in any order but according to the census 2014 estimates there were close to 100,000 Asian & white mixed people and around 48,000 mixed white & black. Maybe others are correct that Hispanics & non Hispanic whites are the most numerous but just don't count since they are very similar on physical features. The next decades is going to see a huge increase in all types of mixes I bet.
That comes back to the different Latino ethnic groups have differing relationships with Black people the few Blacks in Mexico and Central America minus Belize and Panama compared to the expeireinces of Caribbean and South American Latinos that are more dominate the eastern US. When Latinos started to live close to Blacks in the aftermath of the Simpson Mazzoli amnesty there became social conflict over jobs and with Blacks fleeing their home because of their boys own gangs eventually housing and political power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 10:01 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,049 times
Quote:
Interesting I would never have thought Black and Latino was a popular combination as I have never seen that combo or maybe I did and probably just assumed they were black. I am not sure if your list is in any order but according to the census 2014 estimates there were close to 100,000 Asian & white mixed people and around 48,000 mixed white & black. Maybe others are correct that Hispanics & non Hispanic whites are the most numerous but just don't count since they are very similar on physical features. The next decades is going to see a huge increase in all types of mixes I bet.
Blacks and Latinos, for the most part, live in the same areas, hence the reason why it's not uncommon to see couples. I'm Black, and a good number of people in my family have dated/are with Latinos.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:10 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
Quote:
Hi everyone I was talking to my husband who is white and I am aJapanese women about what was the most common biracial combination in Southern California. I told him that the census Bureau states that the most common is Asian/White mixes but he is adamant that it is Hispanics/non-hispanic white mixes. He says that those are not counted because the census considers them white. Is this true? I don't even know if a Hispanic/white person would be considered mixed. The only mixes that I can tell are mixed are Asian/white and black/white people.

The only reason I am bringing this up is because we are having our first child and this topic came up. I hope it is not offensive to anyone.
#1. Your question is offensive.

#2. It should be of no concern of yours how someone defines theirself ethnically.

#3. People need to stop using the term race it is an outmoded social construct with no scientific basis.

#4. Live your life as you wish and don't worry about what other people think.

#5. Nobody looks twice at multi ethnic people.

#6. Raise your kid to see people as human beings and not racial categories.

#7. From the context of your question I doubt you can do that because you see people as races and not as human beings.

#8. You posting this question means you're a racist.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

#2. It should be of no concern of yours how someone defines theirself ethnically.

#3. People need to stop using the term race it is an outmoded social construct with no scientific basis.

#7. From the context of your question I doubt you can do that because you see people as races and not as human beings.

I'm sure the OP meant no harm. I think you're taking this too seriously.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:47 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Blacks and Latinos, for the most part, live in the same areas, hence the reason why it's not uncommon to see couples. I'm Black, and a good number of people in my family have dated/are with Latinos.
I think you and I see things differently because of a generational bias. When Blacks and Latinos started living in close proximity is when the percentage of Blacks in the city started dropping. I see more Black/Asian mixtures since I grew up with interment camp returnees staying when the White folk fled.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,842 times
1. Blatino is the most common
Then

2. White/Asian
3. Black/White
4. White/Latin

By White/Latin, I mean a real Hispanic living in a Hispanic neighborhood and a person of European descent mixing. That is pretty rare. But a lot of Hispanics have European blood, though the ones in LA definitely skew more native.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:18 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,917,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Did you leave your safe space today? You are having a lot of micro aggressions.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:42 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,721,731 times
In LA? Black/Latino.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:17 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,707 times
y'all are some wierdos

Old 03-27-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 for1 View Post
I live in Santa Monica and from what I see is mostly Asian/White mixes but once you go to Culver City and closer to Black areas it will seem every other chick has a black mixed kid. I notice that most the chicks with mixed black kids are unmarired which is the complete opposite of asian/white couples. As far as Hispanics with non-hispanic whites it mostly involves Hispanics that look white so you would never really know unless they told you their last names. On a side note I do find asian/white and hispanic/white mixes the prettiest as I find black mixes retain very noticeable black features like hair texture which I find unappealing. When you see a non-black wonen with a black biracial child you would assume she adopted it as there is absolutely no resemblance to mother.
Yet another troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles