U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 12:05 PM

24,151 posts, read 13,668,407 times

Advertisements

There was a recent thread about the recent killing of a 7/11 worker in Valley Village by a shoplifter.
Homeless man stabs 7-Eleven owner to death in valley

Makes me wonder if the 7/11 worker or his wife/coworker had a gun if he'd still be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 05:03 PM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
Yes, I am all for standing up for yourself when your life is in imminent danger, was his?
Not sure. He took the life of another person for trying to rob him. A straight-up theft/robbery, as much as I hate such crime, should not be justification of killing.
No amount of money should equal a human life.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 PM

1,265 posts, read 631,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Yes, I am all for standing up for yourself when your life is in imminent danger, was his?
Not sure. He took the life of another person for trying to rob him. A straight-up theft/robbery, as much as I hate such crime, should not be justification of killing.
**** all that.

No sympathy from me for coming at someone with a gun then getting killed by your own gun. That's sweet karma.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:51 AM

413 posts, read 162,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Robber should have thought of that prior to the crime. Actions have consequences and they're not always governed by the "proportionality" police.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:09 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,189,716 times
Default Good job LAPD good job local citizens with tips

ARREST MADE IN MURDER OF FATHER-TO-BE OUTSIDE SOUTH LOS ANGELES BARBERSHOP

Arrest made in murder of father-to-be outside South Los Angeles barbershop | abc7.com

Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
ARREST MADE IN MURDER OF FATHER-TO-BE OUTSIDE SOUTH LOS ANGELES BARBERSHOP

Arrest made in murder of father-to-be outside South Los Angeles barbershop | abc7.com
Wow, wonder if the shooter was one of the criminals let out early from jail..
The guy didn't even live in South L.A , he lived in Torrance, which is a much safer area.
Nonetheless he was killed by a 'known gangmember' while visiting his mother's house.

If there are so many known gangmembers why are we allowing them to further commit crimes..oh right they have their constitutional rights.

Photo of the POS that did it

Old 05-10-2016, 11:02 AM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
**** all that.

No sympathy from me for coming at someone with a gun then getting killed by your own gun. That's sweet karma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Robber should have thought of that prior to the crime. Actions have consequences and they're not always governed by the "proportionality" police.

As I mentioned, I am all for standing up to these scum and teaching them a lesson but unless they are committing the crime with a lethal weapon (gun, knife, etc.) where they put your life in danger, regardless of their intended crime, killing them is automatically justified?

Btw, this is coming from someone who is ALL for death penalty.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM

The phillipines right now is getting close to electing a New President
Not saying his philosophy on crime is right ... But I think we are too soft on crime in the US
Especially in CA
----
He said the concept of human rights applying to criminals is a Western one which should not have been adopted in the country.
“When you start to be soft in this country and allow Western thoughts to seep in, that’s when you start to have problems,” he said.
He said Western governments “want to rehabilitate instead of just killing the idiots (criminals).”

Read more: Duterte on criminals:
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Old 05-10-2016, 12:10 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,038,779 times
Tyrone at it again!

Old 05-11-2016, 09:33 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,441,893 times
This guy was stupid. Why would anyone risk his personal life (and facing possibility of jail time) defending someone else's property?

I owned a grocery store and the guy who owned it before told me - if there's a robbery, just don't do anything stupid, open the cash register and give him all your money, it's not worth it. The guy had 10 yrs experience running his own store (and not in the nicest part of the town) and talking about his own money!

I'm all for gun ownership and for the right of self-defense. But from practical standpoint, one should shoot only if in fear of his/her own (or his family member) life, and get ready to lose 10-15 grands to lawyers defending his actions. Shooting in order to save 100-200 bucks? Ain't as much as 10-15 grands paid to lawyers. So shoot only when money doesn't matter anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles