U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:04 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,556,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
That's how most white liberals think.
That poster doesn't sound like a liberal. Can we stop with this "liberals are the real racists" nonsense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 01:46 PM

2,436 posts, read 1,974,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Oy vey...

Respecting one's elders isn't a Southern thing; it's a home thing. It doesn't matter if you're from LA or L.A.!

And regarding Black men, you need to stop watching Tell-Lie-Vision.
This.

I'm a Black female who grew up in South Central, Los Angeles, and my siblings and I have manners. Surprise, surprise.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:14 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,639,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I'm Caucasian and I respect people of color who have made it out there. Lots of respect for them...:-) It's the criminal element that I take issue with. Sadly there are many AA men who have yet to make it out there - prefer to rob/burglaries. Probably grew up in broken homes - mom had children by different men - lots of drugs involved - mom has been on welfare for a long time and how do the kids have a real chance at anything? I believe there is a huge difference between AA of California as opposed to AA in the south. I think the ones who come from the south are raised with manners and respect for their elders. If I am wrong I am sure someone will let me know. It's my observation-my opinion.

By the way, Iterease, welcome to California.

You're wrong.

Ah, yes the South. Where they say "well bless your heart", which is the same thing as "go f**k yourself" in NYC.

I would rather hear it direct thank you.

As has been already said, manners come from the home and the parents.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:28 PM
Status: "Happy Birthday to all October babies." (set 25 days ago)

852 posts, read 463,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Smh... Even when people are trying not to be racist they sound racist and tone def. I'm not sure how you would quantify the manners thing really. I think banjeeyankee has stats in the black Mecca thread dealing with single family households and education attainment for African Americans in the USA. You should search that and get educated. Knowledge is power.

Also, you must be watching movies with that southern elder respect nonsense. I'm pretty much done with this but I really hope you open your eyes and get past your prejudices especially if you have never lived in the south like I have.
My sister has lived in Memphis for years and I have heard her say that the Blacks she knows are very respectful - kind w/ good manners. Of course many of them went to school with her kids..and became good friends. I should not have said that Los Angeles AA have no manners because that isn't true. My grandson's nurses have all been WONDERFUL and are African American and I assume they are from L.A. I shouldn't assume anything ...

I hate these threads and they are getting old actually. Bottom line, I like everyone as long as you are respectful and kind. I don't care what color you are. You can be green-black-brown-red- or gray but if you are nice to me - you will get it in return big time.

How about these racial threads be gone? Don't we have enough hate in the world? We are AMERICANS!!

I apologize if I offended anyone. One thing I am not is someones sheep. I think for myself and what I have observed myself. We are going backwards and that is not good for any of us.. Peace!

Old 09-01-2016, 11:45 PM

111 posts, read 120,665 times
Going on 11 years here and I don't have any issues and never have.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 PM

508 posts, read 309,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.diddy View Post
Going on 11 years here and I don't have any issues and never have.
Do it like I'm diddy.

Don't know if you know that song lol. AD - Look him and that song up.

Edit: I did it for you - Compton.

Last edited by afropack-man; 09-02-2016 at 12:19 AM..

Old 09-02-2016, 02:12 AM

5,660 posts, read 6,578,639 times
With the Chris Brown situation, it seems like mostly rich black men in Los Angeles are being targeted by racist gold diggers and false accusers.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:59 AM

145 posts, read 71,743 times
Quote:
With the Chris Brown situation, it seems like mostly rich black men in Los Angeles are being targeted by racist gold diggers and false accusers.
Yeah I'm sure Chris Brown is a complete saint and did nothing wrong.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:34 PM

1,544 posts, read 602,662 times
Quote:
Some racist, some just greedy as hell. Just ask the Kartrashians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpistan View Post
Yeah I'm sure Chris Brown is a complete saint and did nothing wrong.
I don't consider CB to be Black anymore. His Brother card is now revoked.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:36 PM

111 posts, read 120,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Do it like I'm diddy.

Don't know if you know that song lol. AD - Look him and that song up.

Edit:
I did it for you - Compton.
Lol I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles