U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 09:45 AM

24,179 posts, read 13,695,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Some racist, some just greedy as hell. Just ask the Kartrashians.

I don't consider CB to be Black anymore. His Brother card is now revoked.
When does one lose the Brother card?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 10:04 AM

2,436 posts, read 1,975,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
When does one lose the Brother card?
I'd say there are at least two things...

1. One continuously acts like a damn, mysoginistic fool, like Chris Brown.

2. One starts tap dancing for White media/shows that they're ashamed of their Blackness and becomes an Uncle Tom, for example, Stacey Dash, Ben Carson, Raven Symoné, etc.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post

2. One starts tap dancing for White media/shows that they're ashamed of their Blackness and becomes an Uncle Tom, for example, Stacey Dash, Ben Carson, Raven Symoné, etc.
What would you consider white media ?

Also because someone is politically conservative or agrees with a Republican platform it makes them an Uncle Tom ?
That doesn't seem so fair .

People should have the freedom to vote for who they want .
Many majority black communities have been run by Democrats and they have been failing .
Take a look at South Chicago or in Detroit . Baltimore .

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results .

Why does a black person voting for a non Democrat mean they are ashamed of their blackness ?

Old 09-03-2016, 10:23 AM

508 posts, read 309,662 times
Quote:

Also because someone is politically conservative or agrees with a Republican platform it makes them an Uncle Tom ?

Many majority black communities have been run by Democrats and they have been failing .

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results .

Why does a black person voting for a non Democrat mean they are ashamed of their blackness ?
I personally don't think pulling the "brother" card is not the right thing to do or say personally. Chris Breezy is a pretty terrible person though. I don't think him beating ri ri had anything to do w/ being Democrat or Republican. It has more to do with his own personal demons which he has discussed before.

Quote:
Not gonna go too deep in this but I think having a person like trump who is doing a pretty terrible job appealing to blacks in any way. Like, why are you telling us that we all suck to a majority white audience in a suburb of Milwaukee. You may not see it that way but messaging is important. Guys like poster above don't do a great job of appealing the conservative brand to African Americans either. Instead of being compassionate, they crap all over us and then wonder why Donald J. Trump is polling less than GWB.

Lot's of African Americans would vote republican some members of their party didn't turn their dog whistles into microphones.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:

Where did I say Black Republicans are Uncle Toms? I mentioned three names, one of them, Raven Symoné, is far from conservative. This isn't about Democrats and Republicans, and neither party has done much for the Black community. The three people I mentioned have made multiple, ignorant comments about Blacks and the Black community in general, period point blank. Again, Democrats, Republicans, I never said anything about that.

White media is the general media.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:46 AM

1,544 posts, read 602,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post

A good example would be Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks. Though a fictional character, a lot of these shuck 'n jive fools in Hollyweird fit the description of that character.

Quote:

You're veering off course here. There's a forum for that.

And to answer your first question, white media is any channel or outlet catering to the majority white demographic.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:11 PM

2,435 posts, read 2,721,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree321 View Post
I would like to move to Los Angeles as I think it's a beautiful city to say the least, but I constantly read conflicting information about the place.

On the one hand, it is a racial utopia where everyone mixes freely, has no racial inhibitions, and is super progressive. People have friends of all races, and no one even bats an eyelid at someone of another ethnicity. Everyone is laid back and more worried about traffic than racial pettiness.

On the other hand I hear that Mexican gangs are murdering black people, OC is full of racists that commit hate crimes, ppl stare at black people and call them the n-word. That black people are made to feel unwelcome in any area that isn't heavily African-American and that it's just all pretty bad.

I would love to hear the opinions of Angelinos on this topic so I can get a better sense of what LA really is like for black people. I would love to live there but I'm on the fence at this point. It seems wonderful but it's really hard to ignore the information available online.

Let me know what Los Angeles is really like. Thanks!

First, being born and raised in L.A, I found it during the 1960's - 1990's, segregated where generally, Hispanics stayed east of the LA River, Whites to the west and NW while the few of us black folks huddled in South Central, if not blatantly racist unless you include the way LAPD has historically dealt with people of color...

South Los Angeles, demographics have shifted where blacks have moved east and north, replaced by Mexican immigrants and gentrified white millennials. In short, you're probably less likely to encounter the kind of murderous bigotry suffered by a black teen near Portland Oregon. But covert racism is surely evident in police profiling, job hunting or difficulty renting or buying a home some areas like the OC which is not part of Los Angeles County.

And so far, it doesn't look like the Mexican Gangs are as busy killing Black people as they were 10 years ago. Bottom line in LA life is the same as any other city: Mind your own business, be friendly, polite and cautious if not fearful, and avoid sketchy drug-busy areas.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
A good example would be Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks. Though a fictional character, a lot of these shuck 'n jive fools in Hollyweird fit the description of that character.
Exactly. Or Stephen from Django Unchained.

WAY too many of them in Hollywood, and they just keep popping out. Bow Wow, Cam Newton, Fetty Wap, Kodak Black... I'm sick of it.

The worst comments I've heard definitely have come from Stacey Dash, Ben Carson, and Raven Symoné. The others I listed made some comments that made my eyebrow rise, but Ms. Dash, Mr. Carson, and Ms. Pearman have all made comments that just pissed me off.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
I personally don't think pulling the "brother" card is not the right thing to do or say personally. Chris Breezy is a pretty terrible person though. I don't think him beating ri ri had anything to do w/ being Democrat or Republican. It has more to do with his own personal demons which he has discussed before.

Not gonna go too deep in this but I think having a person like trump who is doing a pretty terrible job appealing to blacks in any way. Like, why are you telling us that we all suck to a majority white audience in a suburb of Milwaukee. You may not see it that way but messaging is important. Guys like poster above don't do a great job of appealing the conservative brand to African Americans either. Instead of being compassionate, they crap all over us and then wonder why Donald J. Trump is polling less than GWB.

Lot's of African Americans would vote republican some members of their party didn't turn their dog whistles into microphones.
Who crapped on African Americans ?
What has Trump said against them ?

People , including cofounder of BLM is saying Clinton doesn't care about black people either .

How could trump do a better job appealing to blacks?

Old 09-04-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
How could trump do a better job appealing to blacks?
Maybe he could start by actually speaking to us in a respectful manner and not trying to get our vote by belittling us in front of a majority White audience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles