U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 04:34 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,561,007 times

Advertisements

The answer you get depends on who you ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:53 PM

187 posts, read 104,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Another post from another race-obsessed black person. These threads are a dime-a-dozen!
Wrong! I've seen this troll on numerous websites including this one. He's an East Indian troll OBSESSED with interracial dating and making threads about IR in LA, NYC, the South, Canada, Europe, etc. I've seen him post these same threads EVERYWHERE!

He used to solely ask questions about Indian men in interracial couples but now he's expanding that to IR in general. He has more accounts than sections on this forum and has been doing this nonsense for YEARS.

He needs to get a life!

And funny how you're obsessed with black people and and saying how we "flip the race card" on just about every thread that has to do with us, including non-controversial ones...talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:47 PM

2,083 posts, read 2,526,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Wrong! I've seen this troll on numerous websites including this one. He's an East Indian troll OBSESSED with interracial dating and making threads about IR in LA, NYC, the South, Canada, Europe, etc. I've seen him post these same threads EVERYWHERE!
Yes, blame it on an "Indian"...there ya go!

As if an Indian would author a thread like this:

Is Los Angeles racist against black people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwothree321
I would like to move to Los Angeles as I think it's a beautiful city to say the least, but I constantly read conflicting information about the place.

On the one hand, it is a racial utopia where everyone mixes freely, has no racial inhibitions, and is super progressive. People have friends of all races, and no one even bats an eyelid at someone of another ethnicity. Everyone is laid back and more worried about traffic than racial pettiness.

On the other hand I hear that Mexican gangs are murdering black people, OC is full of racists that commit hate crimes, ppl stare at black people and call them the n-word. That black people are made to feel unwelcome in any area that isn't heavily African-American and that it's just all pretty bad.

I would love to hear the opinions of Angelinos on this topic so I can get a better sense of what LA really is like for black people. I would love to live there but I'm on the fence at this point. It seems wonderful but it's really hard to ignore the information available online.

Let me know what Los Angeles is really like. Thanks!
An "Indian"? REALLY???

He's yours. Own it.

Last edited by kttam186290; 03-30-2016 at 07:07 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 07:08 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,580,164 times
Quote:

An "Indian"? REALLY???

He's yours. Own it.
It's the same as you blaming everything on blacks.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:20 PM

187 posts, read 104,002 times
Quote:

An "Indian"? REALLY???

He's yours. Own it.
So, I happen to be wrong. Big deal! It doesn't change the fact that there WAS a troll who happened to be of Asian Indian descent who used to ask a billion questions about interracial dating all over the Internet in this same format and style. He's gotten banned on this website numerous times and other websites. My radar simply went off due to the similarities of their posting styles and topics.

I'm not blaming "an Indian" either. I simply pointed out that this notorious, long-time IR obsessed troll happened to be Indian. Funny how you accuse others of "race baiting" when you misinterpret peoples' posts and do the same exact thing.

You are behaving like a petulant child and the sad thing is that I'm a senior in college and you're probably much older than I am.(but I wouldn't know)

Who bases his opinion of a race off an Internet forum anyway? I could easily find posts from "race-obsessed" whites but it's fatuous to use an Internet forum to judge an entire race.

Now, go ahead, and accuse me of "race baiting." It's not even worth arguing with you.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:49 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,580,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
So, I happen to be wrong. Big deal! It doesn't change the fact that there WAS a troll who happened to be of Asian Indian descent who used to ask a billion questions about interracial dating all over the Internet in this same format and style. He's gotten banned on this website numerous times and other websites. My radar simply went off due to the similarities of their posting styles and topics.

I'm not blaming "an Indian" either. I simply pointed out that this notorious, long-time IR obsessed troll happened to be Indian. Funny how you accuse others of "race baiting" when you misinterpret peoples' posts and do the same exact thing.

You are behaving like a petulant child and the sad thing is that I'm a senior in college and you're probably much older than I am.(but I wouldn't know)

Who bases his opinion of a race off an Internet forum anyway? I could easily find posts from "race-obsessed" whites but it's fatuous to use an Internet forum to judge an entire race.

Now, go ahead, and accuse me of "race baiting." It's not even worth arguing with you.
A lot of these people like that love to shift the blame on black people. Also check out her past posts. Almost half of them are anti-black.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:59 AM

601 posts, read 552,042 times
-just choosing to ignore the off-topic arguments-

If I had to guess most common, I guess I'd say Hispanic x White, or White guy x East Asian woman. But I think there's a lot more 'variety' if you can call it that, in interracial relationships here than in other cities. I've seen countless...um, combinations.

In an interracial relationship myself, and happy to say that having moved here, we both immediately noticed a lot more couples like us. I feel that it's much more accepted/common place here, no one stares.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:36 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,080,897 times
despite hispanic/white being the most common pairing across the country I don't really see that pairing being the most common in LA because there is such a large socioeconomic difference between whites and hispanics. i guess it would either be white/asian or black/hispanic

Old 03-31-2016, 11:31 AM

749 posts, read 542,198 times
I would say that the most common interracial coupling around LA is White guy/Asian girl, I haven't seen many non-Hispanic White/Hispanic or Black couples. Whatever the combination, interracial couples in LA are a small minority since people nearly always go for a mate pertaining to the same ethnic/racial background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or