U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 05:27 PM

242 posts, read 327,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVboy View Post
I'm kind of speaking for someone else because I'm on the east coast but I have a buddy who's originally from Long Beach, CA and I remember he told me that back in the 90s he was at a mall in Long Beach somewhere and he told me he saw the woman that played "Justine" (Theo's girlfriend) from "The Cosby Show" walking through the mall with a friend of hers shopping.
Not sure if this post is a joke or some April Fools joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 07:08 PM

65 posts, read 63,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe View Post
Not sure if this post is a joke or some April Fools joke.
Nah, I'm dead serious.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 AM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_marts View Post
I just googled her age. She is 75. I was a few feet away from her at my job and I wouldve guessed she is 65.
She still performs singing and dancing so she keeps in shape. I saw her about year ago on some show and she has so much energy, made me tired just watching her.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:23 PM

200 posts, read 104,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
Of course you're not going to see famous people left and right in Beverly Hills but i'm sure if you "look hard enough" or hangout there frequently, you'll come across somebody well known. Or at least see them from a distance. I myself have never encountered any celebrities. Based on Youtube videos, celebreities are more comfortable walking alone in Manhattan because they blend in well with the crowd and don't get noticed. I'm sure celebrities come to LA for the lifestyle and privacy.

Just wondering if anybody has unintentionally came across celebreities in the westside of LA (or anywhere in California)? Share your experience.
I used to live in west Hollywood and would see many of them just doing their everyday stuff.
Matthew McConnaughey at the old Hollywood Galaxy 6 theater (nice guy)
kd lang - in line at the old Eat-A-Pita on Fairfax
Jeff Goldblum & Lara Dern---- in line at the Laemle's theater at 8000 Sunset
Lawrence Lau-----(Greg of "Jenny & Greg) from All My Children (1980s). He still looked yummy and was very charming.
Seal & Heidi Klum- the original Koo Koo Roo at Orlando & Beverly
Magic Johnson- an elem school Open House
Will Smith- Bowling Alley in Studio City
Doris Roberts (Everybody loves Raymond)- friend's birthday party
Sidney Poitier- walking down Melrose Ave between Crescent Hts and Fairfax
Robert Forster (Jackie Brown) at the old Silver Spoon on Sta Monica and Hayworth
Nestor Carbonell at Farmers' Market (beautiful eyes, very thick eyelashes, very short)
Barry Mannilow- shopping at a furniture store at Sepulveda & Sta Moncia
"Walt Jr" at Ralphs (LaBrea and Fountain)
Steve Martin - Sex store on Sta Monica Bl (W Hollywood)
Jerry Seinfeld---El Pollo Loco (Sunset & Crescent Hts)
Kato Kaelin- the gym at Beverly Bl and Sweetzer

There might have been others, but I can't remember.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:41 PM

115 posts, read 179,559 times
Back in the early 90s when I was in high school they were filming a portion of the Tim Burton movie "Ed Wood" with Johnny Depp, and Martin Landau among some others at a house in my neighborhood in the city of Gardena. The house belonged to a friend/neighbor of a woman whose dog I walked at the time, and I had gone over there to take the dog out when I saw all the trucks/trailers and filming equipment set up everywhere. Several of the neighbors were standing around watching the filming (it was interior so not much to see) and as I was standing with a small group of people in the front yard, Martin Landau came over to hang out with us and chat. We talked for a few minutes (don't remember about what) and he was a super nice and down-to-earth guy. Didn't see Johnny Depp because he was inside filming and hadn't come out. It was a pretty cool experience, and the woman whose house they used got a nice remodel/addition after they were done filming as a part of her compensation package. I don't think the scenes they filmed made it to the final cut, though....not sure, never did get around to seeing the movie.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:21 PM

24,234 posts, read 13,717,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
I used to live in west Hollywood and would see many of them just doing their everyday stuff.
Matthew McConnaughey at the old Hollywood Galaxy 6 theater (nice guy)
kd lang - in line at the old Eat-A-Pita on Fairfax
Jeff Goldblum & Lara Dern---- in line at the Laemle's theater at 8000 Sunset
Lawrence Lau-----(Greg of "Jenny & Greg) from All My Children (1980s). He still looked yummy and was very charming.
Seal & Heidi Klum- the original Koo Koo Roo at Orlando & Beverly
Magic Johnson- an elem school Open House
Will Smith- Bowling Alley in Studio City
Doris Roberts (Everybody loves Raymond)- friend's birthday party
Sidney Poitier- walking down Melrose Ave between Crescent Hts and Fairfax
Robert Forster (Jackie Brown) at the old Silver Spoon on Sta Monica and Hayworth
Nestor Carbonell at Farmers' Market (beautiful eyes, very thick eyelashes, very short)
Barry Mannilow- shopping at a furniture store at Sepulveda & Sta Moncia
"Walt Jr" at Ralphs (LaBrea and Fountain)
Steve Martin - Sex store on Sta Monica Bl (W Hollywood)
Jerry Seinfeld---El Pollo Loco (Sunset & Crescent Hts)
Kato Kaelin- the gym at Beverly Bl and Sweetzer

There might have been others, but I can't remember.
Yeah it seems seeing celebs depends a lot on where you live or hangout.
Just now I was reminded of seeing Weird Al Yankovic years ago at Koontz Hardware on Santa Monica Blvd in Weho.
Funny about your last mention of Kato Kaelin. You or anyone else can PM me and I've got some stories.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:15 AM

15 posts, read 11,331 times
Screenings are the easiest way to get a glimpse or walk pass by/be in close proximity to celebrities.
-August Osage County in DTLA: not knowing that the cast was invited,
I was shocked (needless to say) to have casually come across arms length of Julia Roberts & Meryl Streep as I walked in to the theater to get a seat. All the actors, including Juliet Lewis were eventually introduced to the audience.
-Her: walked pass by Flea (RHCP) and Joaquin Phoenix. This was at Hollywood screening. Spike Jonze was there too.
-Oblivion: Dolby Theater premiere...Tom Cruise surprised me! He literally took his time to go around to every fan who wanted a photo/autograph and gave it to them. He too was arms length when he came to the area where I was standing. Once inside I was literally in the first row in front of the stage and the cast were introduced along with the movie. Nikolaj Coster was/is HOT AF in person! Prior to the screening, famous/well known reporters like Mario Lopez, Giuliana Rancic, and the like were on the carpet doing there job.
-Labor Day: Jason Reitman spoke.
-Big Eyes: DTLA screening, Amy Adams spoke, along with Margaret Keene spoke about the movie to the audience

Randoms:
-Ryan Reynolds: West Hollywood Fairfax Whole Foods. Saw him/passed by him in the aisle. I remember thinking gosh he is a tall glass of water! So cute...but I'm not the hugest fan of his public persona, or maybe simply his personality? He looked better in person when he was just casually doing his thing-not talking.
-Ryan Gosling: Starbucks in Silverlake the one near Rowena/Glendale. He was with a friend. Sitting outside in the tables, he happened to walk in. when he came out he looked over in my tables direction. In my mind/memory he noticed me/eyes met. Very very very cute, sexy, fit and tall! I was too embarrassed to even look or smile because my friend was fanning out trying to take a picture with her phone. (So embarrassing! )
-Shia LaBeouf: Los Feliz near the intersection of Sunset-Hillhurst...he drove past by me in an alley in which I was walking through as a shortcut to the other side.
-Paris Hilton: Robertson Blvd outside Kitson. I was casually walking Robertson killing time, when her car pulls up and all these flashes/paparazzi basically went crazy.
-Sarah Silverman: inside shopping in one of the Robertson boutiques.
Brandy Norwood: Six Flags Magic Mountain
-Ethan Randall/Embry from Cant Hardly Wait/Empire Records: was walking on Melrose and I actually did end up asking him for an autograph. He was the sweetest and nicest, he even introduced me to his son (this was well over 12 years ago). Both were adorable!
-Perez Hilton: WeHo Club
-Billy Bush and Maria Menounos: I was eating Lunch at El Torito in Burbank and they were at another table along with other peeps (probably some crew/staff/employees at the show).
-Nick Simmons + (maybe Gene Simmons): He/they were taking a tour of my then college's campus. I remember Nick because he is so tall. I'm sure it was his dad with him.
-Two or three of the older 3 kardashian sisters: on 3rd street or Beverly Blvd, between Fairfax and La Cienega, they were J walking and either filming, or it was the paparazzi filming them.
-Angelyne's car way too many times all over LA
-Steven Tyler: On Sunset near Westwood/BelAir area, Driving next to him. He was in a convertible as a passenger. I feel I might have seen Jay Leno that same day as well on Sunset Blvd near the same area.
-Chanel Iman (before she became the huge supermodel she is now), Lauren Conrad (when she was filming "The Hills"), Anthony Kiedis: all backstage at LA Fashion Week where I volunteered as a model dresser.
-Zachary Ty Bryan (Home Improvement sitcom): Brazilian restaurant in Glendale one evening. He was there with his family a table or few over.
-There are probably a few more I'm not remembering. But all in all these were the random unexpected ones where I wasn't on the lookout.

-While working as an Extra/Background: Amy Poehler, Chris Pratt (super cute and charming!), Melissa McCarthy, Taye Diggs, Eva Longoria, Ed Westwick, Brett Drier, Jaime Camil, Rick Fox, Sung Kang, T.J. Miller, and other actors/actresses who work on productions with the above actors whose faces/names may not yet be as well known.

-Talk Show Tappings: Conan and Jimmy Kimmel...both easy ways to also see the celeb guests and performers. I can't remember the guests names, but I did get to see the Killers and cute AF Brandon Flowers perform live.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few that escape my mind or I'm not remembering...but that's my list as of now.

All in all. I definitely was awe struck by Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts though. I never could have hoped, nor thought I'd be sharing the same room/air with two of the best and most well known actresses of my lifetime-literally arms length away walking next to them in the lobby just outside the entrance of the theater room. Krazy!

Last edited by YouAreDreaming; 04-06-2016 at 01:34 AM..

Old 04-06-2016, 08:06 AM

111 posts, read 120,790 times
I always see rapper the game at fox hills/Westfield in Culver city. So much it's starting to become sorta a joke between us, because we see each other so much. He's a cool dude and even tho hes gang affiliated he doesn't act like he's some uber macho tough dude he's very approachable and always takes time out to talk. One time he paid for me and my girlfriend's food I told him no but he insisted. He's usually with his kids but I have seen him with some gang members too but even then he's a very cool dude.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:24 AM

842 posts, read 1,106,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.diddy View Post
I always see rapper the game at fox hills/Westfield in Culver city. So much it's starting to become sorta a joke between us, because we see each other so much. He's a cool dude and even tho hes gang affiliated he doesn't act like he's some uber macho tough dude he's very approachable and always takes time out to talk. One time he paid for me and my girlfriend's food I told him no but he insisted. He's usually with his kids but I have seen him with some gang members too but even then he's a very cool dude.
It was common to see people when I lived on that side of town, so I am not surprised that you have bumped into The Game quite often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles