U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:30 PM

585 posts, read 625,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
And Justin Beiber, the Ozzbornes, NJ native Richie Sambora and dozens of other celebs.. It's a pretty affluent area
Most of these folks live in Hidden Hills, not Calabasas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 04:27 PM

926 posts, read 1,360,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseycouple View Post
I have absolutely no problem with traffic at all! I'm used to it. If LA really is slower paced, I sure will appreciate the LACK of tailgaters, aggressive lane changeres, and messed up roads.
Hello, hello!

Just wanted to comment if you think LA people being less brusque than NY people means you will not deal with aggressive-ass impatient, a-hole drivers, you're wrong. People in LA spend enough time in traffic that they've become insufferable dickheads behind the wheel. That said, I think you'll enjoy the city.

I'm at long last moving back to LA after a layover in Chicago. Am looking forward to it never snowing in spring (or ever!) again, legit tacos, and my family. Not gonna miss Chicago drivers who think 60 mph on the freeway is acceptable. Let's go, people. We're all in a hurry!

Old 04-09-2016, 04:50 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Quote:
Good news!! I just bought a condo in Santa Clarita.. I'm finally getting out
That was fast. Weren't you just recently considering leaving LA?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:56 PM

4,499 posts, read 2,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
That was fast. Weren't you just recently considering leaving LA?
Yes, fast turn of events. Long story short: Had an offere in DC area, got an offer for job at my current company that pays about 25% more than I was making, DC offer was close but not as good and cost of living and traffic are comparable so move didn't make sense. Rent is going up like crazy here (my rent is going up 25% next month), found condo in SC that will basically cost $100 more per month than my rent and expenses will be locked in and elementary, middle and high school are all rated 10 out of 10 on greatschools.org so figured this is the best long term solution for next 5-10 years at least. Of course I will go from living 3 miles from my job for past 4 years to commuting at least 45 minutes each way but I have to compromise somewhere.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:25 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,862,532 times
Quote:
Yes, fast turn of events. Long story short: Had an offere in DC area, got an offer for job at my current company that pays about 25% more than I was making, DC offer was close but not as good and cost of living and traffic are comparable so move didn't make sense. Rent is going up like crazy here (my rent is going up 25% next month), found condo in SC that will basically cost $100 more per month than my rent and expenses will be locked in and elementary, middle and high school are all rated 10 out of 10 on greatschools.org so figured this is the best long term solution for next 5-10 years at least. Of course I will go from living 3 miles from my job for past 4 years to commuting at least 45 minutes each way but I have to compromise somewhere.
Cool. Sounds like you made the best decision you could.

Last edited by PDF; 04-09-2016 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-09-2016, 07:40 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,649,899 times
Quote:
Good news!! I just bought a condo in Santa Clarita.. I'm finally getting out

Congrats! I hope you and your wife and little one are happy out there.

You can always visit Glendale if you miss the crew....LOL.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:56 PM

2,921 posts, read 1,783,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseycouple View Post
Thanks for the tips! We were thinking about living & working in the Calabasas area too but we heard that it's pretty snobby and not so diverse.
If you want more diverse then look to stay more in the valley. Nothing wrong with Woodland Hills or Tarzana. Cheaper than Calabasas.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:18 PM

317 posts, read 293,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

John Marts, you seem like a nice guy but you're new to LA. You live in the Valley and work on the westside, so you set yourself up for a long commute. Again this nonsense that the freeways are only moving after 11pm is just that, nonsense.
I dont mind the commute at all. I take beverly glen to benedict canyon to work and after that I am pretty uch right there. takes 45 minutes on a bad day and 30ish on a good day coming from NoHo.

Yea ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration. You can drive on the free ways during the day and not have to deal with much traffic, but it seems like its hit or miss. Weekends having alot less traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or