U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 11:18 AM

24,204 posts, read 13,710,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What difference does it make who it is? It's speculative O-P-I-N-I-O-N. It could be the man in the moon or Jesus Christ and it would still be opinion without substantiation.
Ok...but that's just YOUR opinion.

Of course you will never consider a source credible enough unless it agrees with your viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 11:25 AM

10,350 posts, read 6,393,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ok...but that's just YOUR opinion.

Of course you will never consider a source credible enough unless it agrees with your viewpoint.
No. It's not an opinion. It's factual observation. That you wrote this is evidence that you haven't the slightest grasp of the difference between fact and opinion.

Credible source from you? Try me. Show me rational analysis based on data and fact. You haven't done it so far so how would you know what I'll accept?

Old 04-23-2016, 12:15 PM

4,035 posts, read 8,308,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow View Post
Everytime I hear this minimum wage discussion, it makes me instantly think of my local 7/11 Store. Here goes....

There is a 7/11 Store, 50 yds down the street from me. Been going there now, nearly everyday for 8 years. I know the owner & his wife by name. They both seem like good people. Id imagine their workers are all paid minimum wage & 7/11 isnt exactly "cheap" when it comes to booze or a bag of Oreo's. MUCH pricier than WalMart.

That being said, every year, this couple are driving a new Benz or Lexus. Always makes me laugh. Personally, I find it VERY hard to believe that they STILL WOULDNT be driving a new Benz every year, even if they threw the kids a couple more bucks an hour.
Lease. Used for work purposes so its a writeoff on the taxes.

Why else do you think realtors in middle class neighborhoods drive $90K Mercedes and BMW's?

While I'm sure they do ok, I'm also sure they don't gross anymore than $150-250K a year as family income. And that doesn't really leave anything for them to give each employee a $10-20K annual raise.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:26 PM

Some lease prices on new Mercedes starting at $329 mo
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/special_offers/current

BMW starting at $320/month
2016 BMW 3 Series - Lease Offers - BMW North America

Driving a brand new Mercedes or BMW is absolutely no indication of being wealthy.

There are also sites where you can 'take over' another persons lease and drive a new car without the downpayment cost.

Mercedes-Benz Leases

You can often get into a Mercedes or BMW lease it looks like for about the same price as a Honda .
If someone is driving a new Honda, they usually don't think Oh wow they must be rolling in dough.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:01 PM

1,827 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
$21 an hour? Good way to shoot ourselves in the foot. Not only would that prompt less staff - and less people employed - but we would find major increase in robotics. Don't know if others on here are aware of it, but there is high-tech effort to replace people with more robotics in fast-food restaurants, and I foresee a lot of them jumping on it.
Yup. A local Carl's Jr. already has touch screens for customer orders. The day I was in there it wasn't working very well, but.....

Old 04-23-2016, 02:03 PM

1,291 posts, read 3,491,546 times
We get it. Some of you are commies and like to have the government fix everything for you. Cool.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:07 PM

1,827 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
We get it. Some of you are commies and like to have the government fix everything for you. Cool.
To whom are you responding?

Old 04-23-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Yup. A local Carl's Jr. already has touch screens for customer orders. The day I was in there it wasn't working very well, but.....
I've seen a Wendy's like that too . I tried it once and it worked . You can actually order from your phone and have the food ready too .. Last time I tried to use it the Staff said it wasn't working ... Makes you wonder .. They probably realize the technology could eliminate their job .

Old 04-23-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No. It's not an opinion. It's factual observation. That you wrote this is evidence that you haven't the slightest grasp of the difference between fact and opinion.

Credible source from you? Try me. Show me rational analysis based on data and fact. You haven't done it so far so how would you know what I'll accept?
I've already done that but what's the point .

You said you wouldn't even believe Jesus Christ

Old 04-23-2016, 06:29 PM

10,350 posts, read 6,393,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I've already done that but what's the point .

You said you wouldn't even believe Jesus Christ
Um no, jm. To both your statements.
You haven't done it.
And I didn't say I wouldn't believe Jesus Christ. I said, opinion is not fact, whether it comes from the man in the moon or Jesus Christ. Opinion from Jesus would still be just opinion. Now, if he were to resurrect, with facts, and present them logically, then we could have a meaningful conversation.

Over and out jm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles