U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-17-2016, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Reputation: 2575

Advertisements

Been on google for about 2 hours looking for a place to stay. Wife and I are coming to LA to visit her dad, but many of the hotels and motels have bad reviews and seem to be in bad areas. Im not sure if they are bad, just looking at the google street views photos. Looking for something east of LAX and west of Inglewood. Nothing too sketchy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2016, 09:02 PM
 
Location: TOVCCA
8,271 posts, read 10,506,470 times
Reputation: 11848
Why not one by LAX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 10:37 PM
 
2,489 posts, read 4,555,244 times
Reputation: 3104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Looking for something east of LAX and west of Inglewood. Nothing too sketchy.
Why stay there unless you are leaving on a 6am flight and need to be close to the airport? I suggest looking at the Residence Inn in Redondo Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 01:51 AM
 
15 posts, read 11,297 times
Reputation: 28
You may be able to get really good deals on priceline's name your own price at 3-5star hotels. You may not have the option of choosing where you stay, but it definitely won't be a run down motel. I've never booked in LA but have had friends who have, and they've scored nice hotels for under 100 per night. Don't bid for anything lower than 3 star hotel. I'd even suggest trying first with 4 star hotels and up, as they tend to take offers just to fill their empty rooms. My advice is to keep trying if you get rejected. Make increment bids by a dollar. Don't start with your maximum. If you google Priceline name your own price winning bids, you will find a forum that has posters who post what they bid and what they got.
When I went to NYC, I got to stay in a nice Downtown Manhatten hotel and saved over 60 percent the going rate had it been booked through them directly and/or any other hotel website service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2016, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,948,866 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Been on google for about 2 hours looking for a place to stay. Wife and I are coming to LA to visit her dad, but many of the hotels and motels have bad reviews and seem to be in bad areas. Im not sure if they are bad, just looking at the google street views photos. Looking for something east of LAX and west of Inglewood. Nothing too sketchy.
East of LAX would be Inglewood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2016, 07:27 AM
 
14,963 posts, read 8,529,518 times
Reputation: 24928
Hotel Cecil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2016, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
300 posts, read 327,612 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Hotel Cecil?
Isn't it Stay On Main now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2016, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles,CA & Scottsdale, AZ
1,899 posts, read 1,512,532 times
Reputation: 1567
Do you want a hotel or a motel? If your only criteria is that you want a cheap motel I would suggest Vagabond inn. It is a motel just south of downtown,You can walk to the staples center from the motel, it's that close and near the metro plus it is in the heart of USC area. It is safe and a lot of university students live around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Reputation: 2575
Ok I found a place using Airbnb. Its in the neighborhood of Gardena. Not sure if that is a good or bad place. Google maps the streets around it look pretty clean. Now Im curious about what all there is do in LA. Im sure there are tons. What can you guys tell me about this Gardena place? Good and Bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2016, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Orange Blossom Trail
6,370 posts, read 4,522,982 times
Reputation: 2575
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreDreaming View Post
You may be able to get really good deals on priceline's name your own price at 3-5star hotels. You may not have the option of choosing where you stay, but it definitely won't be a run down motel. I've never booked in LA but have had friends who have, and they've scored nice hotels for under 100 per night. Don't bid for anything lower than 3 star hotel. I'd even suggest trying first with 4 star hotels and up, as they tend to take offers just to fill their empty rooms. My advice is to keep trying if you get rejected. Make increment bids by a dollar. Don't start with your maximum. If you google Priceline name your own price winning bids, you will find a forum that has posters who post what they bid and what they got.
When I went to NYC, I got to stay in a nice Downtown Manhatten hotel and saved over 60 percent the going rate had it been booked through them directly and/or any other hotel website service.
name your own price?? Hmm ok I have not heard of that feature before. I went with Airbnb this time. Ive heard and read many things about LA. So im hoping for a good time while there. Many of the hotels I was seeing wanted 400-200 a night that just seemed like too much. Unless prices go up doing July....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top