U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 09:31 AM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,848,968 times

Advertisements

Huh? I thought it was a nice mall the couple times I went in there.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:36 AM

1,367 posts, read 1,627,383 times
LOLd @ this thread.

also, LOL @ anyone who goes to malls.

what is this? 1999?

Old 04-20-2016, 09:41 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,165,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoIt2 View Post
Most of those doctors and lawyers could not afford my Santa Monica home lol. That is why they are where they are.
Ok.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
You guys make it sound that the crowd I saw is coming from the Ladera Heights area. No they were most likely from Inglewood and South LA which is known for ghetto types and that is what I saw while there for 2 hours. Guys who dress like wannabe rappers and overweight baby mammas (and neither probably have jobs). Like I said if you like this dump good for you.

You spent two hours there?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:04 AM

2,436 posts, read 1,973,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
You spent two hours there?
Remember, don't feed the troll.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:06 AM

5,804 posts, read 3,087,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Yeah, it doesn't really bother me. Most of the African Americans in that area probably make more money than OP. Lots of doctors and black professionals in that area.
Surely they make more money than the average resident of "upper middle class Culver City". A legacy of white folk fleeing out of fear when people such as Ray Charles at the height of his career were allowed to move in with civil rights and racial restrictions removed.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:28 AM

24,147 posts, read 13,668,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Surely they make more money than the average resident of "upper middle class Culver City". A legacy of white folk fleeing out of fear when people such as Ray Charles at the height of his career were allowed to move in with civil rights and racial restrictions removed.
Money has nothing to do with class.

There are people white,black,hispanic,asian,etc that have money and can act 'low class' or 'ghetto"

As Jay Z rapped in T.I's "Swagga Like Us"

"You can pay for school but you can't buy class"

I think there is some good wisdom in that line. I've met rich people and rich kids that just behave terribly, and others that were the opposite. Same thing with people that don't have a lot of money.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Money has nothing to do with class.

There are people white,black,hispanic,asian,etc that have money and can act 'low class' or 'ghetto"

As Jay Z rapped in T.I's "Swagga Like Us"

"You can pay for school but you can't buy class"

I think there is some good wisdom in that line. I've met rich people and rich kids that just behave terribly, and others that were the opposite. Same thing with people that don't have a lot of money.
Most of the people in that area are bougie, The houses are cared for and most are paid off, most of the parents send their kids to private schools and college. What more do you want? There was a clear history of segregation and white flight from that area and it's not because they had money but acted "ghetto"

Old 04-20-2016, 10:49 AM

180 posts, read 142,769 times
Quote:
I went to this mall for the first time this past weekend and I just don't understand why it attracts so many ghetto types. Isn't Culver City supposed to be a upper middle class city and yet this mall just wreaks of ghettoness? I saw a bunch of guys wearing their pants so low that you could see their underwear and boy so many single mothers pushing their welfare babies throughout the mall. Long story short I will never be back as that is an invitation to be a crime statistic. Do you guys have positive things to say about this place?
From personal experience - I went to the Best Buy at Westfield a year ago and on my way out of the store, I was pushed aside by a teenage shoplifter who was running away from mall security (he was not caught). This didn't leave a great first impression. Since then, I've gone back a few times and have had OK experiences.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:54 AM

5,660 posts, read 6,575,834 times
I don't see how Culver City could be "ghetto", since the town (and the LA region) has becoming alarmingly revitalized and family-friendly over the years. Plus, CC is one of the most watched towns in LA County, especially with those red-light cameras in most intersections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or