Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 02:17 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu1 View Post
I have been to this mall a few times for lunch with coworkers as I work not to far from it. The mall itself is in good condition but I have noticed that some of the crowd represent a section of society we would mostly want to avoid. The whole empty cop cars parked in front of the mall just gives off a sense of potential trouble. Personally I would not go there outside of my lunch hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
And someone not being able to afford a nice car. Really? Those old cop cars that they drive to the mall may be all they can afford. Or, I have plenty of friends who are well off but drive crappy cars because they're not materialistic like the LA standard.
I had to check to make sure. The reference wasn't to a Blues Brothers surplus Crown Victoria but rather to an actual police car parked at the mall when Culver City's finest do a walk thru. Or maybe the Highway Patrol station two blocks from the mall? When you mentioned old I was thinking of LAPD's large Traffic Division station located at the Crenshaw Mall with the older Crown Vics as the rest of the force is replacing their cars with newer patrol vehicles or the Sheriff keeps older Crown Vics at Community sub stations at the Ladera Center a few blocks away outside of Culver City

Where in one thread people are mad because the LAPD only has one car assigned to a large western LA area, here we are afraid because the Culver City PD is able to swing a patrol through the mall. Just as the LAPD has each patrol car visit a school, public or private on their beat daily since Sandy Hook. So ultimately a crazy person in Connecticut and a local PD's response to that fills some with fear and gives off a sense of potential trouble at all of our public and private schools. So we are left to assume that should the police patrol an area he would do his best to avoid it, straying outside of the bubble only when absolutely necessary to eat.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:59 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,242,603 times
LIL
If anyone thinks that mall is ghetto then they haven't been to Lakewood mall, Carson Mall or Baldwin Hills mall.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
He/she said people not person..... and WOW if anybody has been to that mall they know exactly what he/she meant. Some serious mental gymnastics going on just to prove that this person isn't bigoted. Nobody is calling white people or latinos welfare queens, babymamas, and they that look like wannabe rappers. C'mon man.
Really? Nobody accuses latinos of abusing the welfare system?
Donald Trump and Ted Cruz have had that as a central part of their campaigns.
"We Are going to build a wall so that the Mexicans don't come here and use welfare"

I just heard Cruz today on tv say how he's going to "Stop illegal immigrants from using welfare"

He also claimed that kids will be coming out of college with "5 or 6 job offers" in his economy..lol.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:56 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Really? Nobody accuses latinos of abusing the welfare system?
Donald Trump and Ted Cruz have had that as a central part of their campaigns.
"We Are going to build a wall so that the Mexicans don't come here and use welfare"

I just heard Cruz today on tv say how he's going to "Stop illegal immigrants from using welfare"

He also claimed that kids will be coming out of college with "5 or 6 job offers" in his economy..lol.
Not the combination of all three....read between the lines. I'm really surprised your siding with the bigot. I'm sad you just took the welfare part and extrapolated that, but not the babymamas part and guys who look like wannabe rappers part. But no, he's talking about hispanics and whites.....ok.

Ok...so what if he's talking about Hispanic people, still bigoted as hell. And I'm sure Hispanic people wouldn't like to be called welfare queens, who are single babymamas pushing their welfare babies, and look like wannabe rappers.

No... he/she's talking about Whites single mothers pushing their welfare babies. She can't be seen around them cause in her words, she's just another crime statistic around these overweight white mothers and all these white dudes who look like wannabe rappers.

LOL, I'm out, No good can come from defending loser bigots.

Last edited by jamills21; 04-20-2016 at 06:16 PM..

Old 04-20-2016, 06:09 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Not the combination of all three....read between the lines. I'm really surprised your siding with the bigot. I'm sad you just took the welfare part and extrapolated that, but not the babymamas part and guys who look like wannabe rappers part. But no, he's talking about hispanics and whites.....ok.
And at a mall known for having a lot of black patrons that is in a heavily black part of LA

Old 04-20-2016, 06:20 PM

I'm not siding with a bigot .
They went to a mall and said they saw ghetto people and don't want to shop there .
What can we do about it really ? In LA or any big city with millions there will be ghetto people.
pretty hard to avoid .
Maybe they were on welfare , wouldn't be a big shock . Lots of people on welfare in my area
I see them pull out the CA advantage card ( ebt )
I guess OP could hang out only in Beverly Hills but there could still be some ghetto folks there maybe.
It's possible they were rich house wives of Ladera too , whole knows

Old 04-20-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not siding with a bigot .
They went to a mall and said they saw ghetto people and don't want to shop there .
What can we do about it really ? In LA or any big city with millions there will be ghetto people.
pretty hard to avoid .
Maybe they were on welfare , wouldn't be a big shock . Lots of people on welfare in my area
I see them pull out the CA advantage card ( ebt )
I guess OP could hang out only in Beverly Hills but there could still be some ghetto folks there maybe.
It's possible they were rich house wives of Ladera too , whole knows
By that logic he/she should never leave Santa Monica, cause of course no babymamas pushing welfare babies at Santa Monica Place.

Sometimes people are racist as hell, including OP.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
By that logic he/she should never leave Santa Monica, cause of course no babymamas pushing welfare babies at Santa Monica Place.

Speaking of Santa Monica Place , it's so different now versus back in the day. It seems to pretty much only cater to tourists with money versus back in the day. There used to be a lot of 'normal' stores like Old Navy,etc in the old mall....and now it's like Louis Vuitton and stuff like that.
Not surprising since it's probably the top tourist location in L.A though and they could make a lot more money with the current concept ...

The thing with Santa Monica is it's kind of isolated in a way , so while you can get almost everything there , there are things one has to leave the area to do or buy.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Speaking of Santa Monica Place , it's so different now versus back in the day. It seems to pretty much only cater to tourists with money versus back in the day. There used to be a lot of 'normal' stores like Old Navy,etc in the old mall....and now it's like Louis Vuitton and stuff like that.
Not surprising since it's probably the top tourist location in L.A though and they could make a lot more money with the current concept ...

The thing with Santa Monica is it's kind of isolated in a way , so while you can get almost everything there , there are things one has to leave the area to do or buy.
speaking of Santa Monica. Expo Line opens soon. OP gonna love dat.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:38 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:

Open racism is seemingly increasingly becoming a commonplace across most of LA County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles