U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,795 times

Advertisements

I went to this mall for the first time this past weekend and I just don't understand why it attracts so many ghetto types. Isn't Culver City supposed to be a upper middle class city and yet this mall just wreaks of ghettoness? I saw a bunch of guys wearing their pants so low that you could see their underwear and boy so many single mothers pushing their welfare babies throughout the mall. Long story short I will never be back as that is an invitation to be a crime statistic. Do you guys have positive things to say about this place?

Old 04-19-2016, 09:44 PM

601 posts, read 551,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoIt2 View Post
single mothers pushing their welfare babies
Love how you just magically come to these conclusions just because you saw a female with a baby. That's clearly all the evidence you need to pin-point their marital and socioeconomic status.

Remember kids, when you assume, you make an A** out of you.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:49 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,037,982 times
OP hope you enjoyed your cultural enrichment

Old 04-19-2016, 10:10 PM

11,493 posts, read 5,542,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkyPunks View Post
Love how you just magically come to these conclusions just because you saw a female with a baby. That's clearly all the evidence you need to pin-point their marital and socioeconomic status.

Remember kids, when you assume, you make an A** out of you.
yeah what the hell? it sounds like OP is a bigot

Old 04-19-2016, 10:16 PM

2,921 posts, read 1,779,101 times
Quote:
Isn't Culver City supposed to be a upper middle class city
I don't know about that. This is an area I try to avoid.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:22 PM

5,619 posts, read 13,299,372 times
Just because there are a lot of black people at the mall doesn't mean it's ghetto. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Playa del Rey and Marina del Rey. It attracts a lot of people from Ladera Heights right next door which is the black Beverly Hills, so don't assume they're on welfare. They're probably richer than you.

Ladera Heights is 71% black with a median household income of $117,925.
View Park-Windsor Hills is 86.5% black with a median household income of $81,214.

A lot of people from Westchester shop there as well which has a median household income of $77,473.

It used to be a dump, but Westfield has turned it around. I've never had any problems there. I'm usually one of the few white people there, but I'm not racist and I couldn't care less. I'm treated with respect by employees because I treat them with respect. The stores have nice clothes. The shoe stores there are great. The food court is good. I've never seen a fight or anything like that there. Literally the ONLY reason I can think of that you didn't enjoy your time there is because a lot of blacks and Latinos shop there. Culver City itself is only 48% white. It's nearly 24% Latino and nearly 11% black. Are they not allowed to shop at the closest mall to their home? Why can't the residents of Inglewood and Baldwin Hills (where incomes aren't that high) come to a mall in another city? They don't cause trouble just because they're minorities.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:23 PM

2,903 posts, read 8,584,713 times
Don't feed the trolls.

Clearly this mall is not ghetto and to even suggest as much is more telling of the sheltered, bigoted person who would make that conclusion.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:25 PM

5,619 posts, read 13,299,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Don't feed the trolls.

Clearly this mall is not ghetto and to even suggest as much is more telling of the sheltered, bigoted person who would make that conclusion.
Clearly anywhere that isn't majority white MUST be full of ghetto poor people.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:37 PM

5,801 posts, read 3,087,683 times
Quote:
I went to this mall for the first time this past weekend and I just don't understand why it attracts so many ghetto types. Isn't Culver City supposed to be a upper middle class city and yet this mall just wreaks of ghettoness? I saw a bunch of guys wearing their pants so low that you could see their underwear and boy so many single mothers pushing their welfare babies throughout the mall. Long story short I will never be back as that is an invitation to be a crime statistic. Do you guys have positive things to say about this place?
It's an upper middle class city because it is the line held by white folks while those east of LA Cienega fled in the 60's. Being a border town with no then new indoor malls on the other side of Los Angeles own Mason Dixon line made it the go to shopping area for those now segregated because no white folks were left.

Even after the smaller Crenshaw Baldwin Hills mall and other locations were built the refurbished medium sized mall located on major crossroads always drew a mixed clientele. With the hyper aggressive Culver City PD policing the place problems have been few over the past 40 years.

Now some still live a life afraid of their shadow and can try the Century City, Torrance or Santa Monica traffic but I doubt if that will shield them from Latinos and Black males wearing the dominant fashion of the past 20 years or shield them from women shopping without their husbands as if we were in Saudi Arabia

Old 04-19-2016, 10:53 PM

24,145 posts, read 13,668,407 times
If you think it's ghetto now , you should of seen it back before it was Westfield and when it was called the Fox Hills Mall...before Culver City was known to be trendy or a cool place to live ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or