U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 AM

24,178 posts, read 13,695,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He said "single bathrooms" so pretty much nothing will change since everyone/anyone can use those now, right? I'm picturing the type that's in your house that both sexes use. I've never actually heard anyone come out and say that all group bathrooms are now going to be free for anyone to go into but maybe I missed that.
A South L.A school opened the first Gender Neutral bathroom which is 15 stalls
This school is opening the first gender-neutral bathroom in Los Angeles Unified - LA Times

Westboro Baptist Church (which are nutjobs ) protested it
LA students clash with Westboro Baptist Church over gender-neutral bathroom - Gay Star News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:47 AM

893 posts, read 497,454 times
In Sweden, gender neutral bathrooms have meant a loss of male bathrooms. In public places, there tends to be a gender neutral option and a female option, but no male option. Net result is you waiting longer just to use a urinal (or in this case the toilet).

Old 04-22-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
In Sweden, gender neutral bathrooms have meant a loss of male bathrooms. In public places, there tends to be a gender neutral option and a female option, but no male option. Net result is you waiting longer just to use a urinal (or in this case the toilet).
A huge practical issue that I didn't even think of!
Pretty much everywhere the womens restroom line is always really long.
Women just take more time in the restroom. Also mens restrooms have urinals which help.
I wonder if these gender neutral bathrooms have urinals too? What if a woman chooses to use a urinal at the new South LA gender neutral bathroom. I guess that would be cool because it's her freedom? If there aren't urinals then the stalls are going to get dirty a lot quicker. Also as I mentioned it's pretty much 100% as a guy whenever I use a public bathroom there is pee on the toilet seat.
I just don't think women are going to like that..

Old 04-22-2016, 10:02 AM

893 posts, read 497,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
A huge practical issue that I didn't even think of!
Pretty much everywhere the womens restroom line is always really long.
Women just take more time in the restroom. Also mens restrooms have urinals which help.
I wonder if these gender neutral bathrooms have urinals too? What if a woman chooses to use a urinal at the new South LA gender neutral bathroom. I guess that would be cool because it's her freedom? If there aren't urinals then the stalls are going to get dirty a lot quicker. Also as I mentioned it's pretty much 100% as a guy whenever I use a public bathroom there is pee on the toilet seat.
I just don't think women are going to like that..
In sweden there are no urinals. There have been cases in like a coffee shop where you have a neutral/unisex bathroom side by side a female bathroom and a long line of women in front of both, as a man you're basically screwed as you have only 1 door while the women have 2 doors.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
In sweden there are no urinals. There have been cases in like a coffee shop where you have a neutral/unisex bathroom side by side a female bathroom and a long line of women in front of both, as a man you're basically screwed as you have only 1 door while the women have 2 doors.
Wow , I wonder if sales for male adult underwear are higher in Sweden than in the U.S!

Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 AM

3,196 posts, read 2,354,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
You're missing the point. Poorly worded laws allow non-trans people who are predators to take advantage. So we dismiss non-relative predators against children because they're allegedly only 20%. What number would you like it to be to care? People shouldn't be concerned unless it's the majority of cases?
You keep coming up with things no one ever said to argue against. Just because 80% of the people victimizing children are the children's parents doesn't mean the other 20% of victimized children are victimized by strangers. That's an objectively stupid conclusion to come to. There are grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings, cousins, neighbors, teachers, peers, family friends, etc.
And the insinuation that trans people are just predators in dresses, pretending to be trans to molest children in bathrooms is offensively stupid and bigoted. What are trans men(female-to-male transition) in it for, since they're obviously not actually transgender? Molesting little boys in the bathroom? Even though the vast majority of them prefer sex with women? And FYI, the vast majority of trans women(male-to-female transition) prefer sex with men. It's only a small minority that are like Bruce Jenner(still only having sex with women and preferring to keep the penis). You're talking about a tiny minority of a relatively tiny minority. And even insinuating that that small number of individuals are predators is just repulsive and stupid.
To pass state legislation(in the case of numerous states and several more to come) to tackle a problem that doesn't exist at the expense of an already victimized, downtrodden minority is pretty goddamn evil.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 AM

4,524 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
A South L.A school opened the first Gender Neutral bathroom which is 15 stalls
This school is opening the first gender-neutral bathroom in Los Angeles Unified - LA Times

Westboro Baptist Church (which are nutjobs ) protested it
LA students clash with Westboro Baptist Church over gender-neutral bathroom - Gay Star News
I noticed they ended with this:

Quote:
"School is like a home," Alonzo said. "Everybody should feel comfortable."
No, school isn't home--school is school. This attitude is part of the problem. While students should learn to be civil with each other and have manners, and bullying should be penalized, that does not mean the school system is there for your comfort. (I'm reminded of the people who think any kind of public school dress code is oppressive, though they will have to face this in the real world at work.) This student identifies as FTM transgender but was stopped by a janitor from going into the girls bathroom. Wouldn't it have to been easier to just explain to that one employee that just because this student has cropped hair and dresses a certain way they are still a girl, rather building a 15-stall bathroom? A stranger made a wrong assumption so then the student was so weirded out she wouldn't use the bathroom for days?

Old 04-22-2016, 10:45 AM

4,524 posts, read 1,944,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You keep coming up with things no one ever said to argue against. Just because 80% of the people victimizing children are the children's parents doesn't mean the other 20% of victimized children are victimized by strangers. That's an objectively stupid conclusion to come to. There are grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings, cousins, neighbors, teachers, peers, family friends, etc.
And the insinuation that trans people are just predators in dresses, pretending to be trans to molest children in bathrooms is offensively stupid and bigoted. What are trans men(female-to-male transition) in it for, since they're obviously not actually transgender? Molesting little boys in the bathroom? Even though the vast majority of them prefer sex with women? And FYI, the vast majority of trans women(male-to-female transition) prefer sex with men. It's only a small minority that are like Bruce Jenner(still only having sex with women and preferring to keep the penis). You're talking about a tiny minority of a relatively tiny minority. And even insinuating that that small number of individuals are predators is just repulsive and stupid.
To pass state legislation(in the case of numerous states and several more to come) to tackle a problem that doesn't exist at the expense of an already victimized, downtrodden minority is pretty goddamn evil.
It's only stupid to someone who needs to improve their reading comprehension skills. I never said the other 20% were strangers. Why do you have such a huge problem with 52% of the population having a right to privacy and protection? Trans feelings matter but theirs don't? What kind of bullying and misogyny is going on here?

Old 04-22-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I noticed they ended with this:

No, school isn't home--school is school. This attitude is part of the problem. While students should learn to be civil with each other and have manners, and bullying should be penalized, that does not mean the school system is there for your comfort. (I'm reminded of the people who think any kind of public school dress code is oppressive, though they will have to face this in the real world at work.) This student identifies as FTM transgender but was stopped by a janitor from going into the girls bathroom. Wouldn't it have to been easier to just explain to that one employee that just because this student has cropped hair and dresses a certain way they are still a girl, rather building a 15-stall bathroom? A stranger made a wrong assumption so then the student was so weirded out she wouldn't use the bathroom for days?
Right school is school. Just like work is work and work is not home.
What will be next?
People will want to bring their pets to school?
I'm sure this bathroom ended up costing a lot of money too.
I could see parents upset, especially girls with their daughters sharing a bathroom with guys.
Also the girl in one of the videos said they didn't like waiting in line for the bathroom...won't they still have to wait in line?..Couldn't that problem also have been solved by building another bathroom or a larger bathroom rather than gender neutral one?..

Old 04-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It's only stupid to someone who needs to improve their reading comprehension skills. I never said the other 20% were strangers. Why do you have such a huge problem with 52% of the population having a right to privacy and protection? Trans feelings matter but theirs don't? What kind of bullying and misogyny is going on here?
This is from a government document
we estimate that there are 14,428 transgender individuals living in Los Angeles County of course the county is much larger than the city.
The county is 10million population ..so that's .0014% of the population..based on that estimate.

I definitely don't think it's a good idea to accommodate .0014% while affecting the 99.9 percent

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/www...2-13%20pub.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles