U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:36 PM

387 posts, read 336,078 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of facial hair nor wearing sunglasses indoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 07:01 PM

1,827 posts, read 3,294,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
I want to be a DTLA hipster but i don't look casual enough, i'm always in my business suit since i work in one of the office skyscrapers in the financial district. I couldn't help but notice the Grand Central Market on Broadway being a huge hipster magnet.

I'm not even looking for any hook ups, nor bars. Just need tips on how to blend in with the new DTLA scene. Maybe grab some 10$ organic juices and talk about buildings? I see the young lads these days enjoy taking selfies in the allies and doing rooftop profile pictures.
Just wondering, but is this an ironic thread or for real?

Why would you want to be a cardboard-cutout inch-deep persona of something?

Yeah, you could change clothes........

Old 04-22-2016, 07:10 PM

387 posts, read 336,078 times
Yes this is a serious thread. If you knew my City Data personality, i like to create unique thread conversations that discuss not commen topics. Most of us here are mature but i keep it mature while adding alittle bit of humor and a pinch of satire.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:32 PM

2,436 posts, read 1,973,032 times
????

Old 04-22-2016, 08:31 PM

1,514 posts, read 1,893,694 times
Quote:
Nah bars aren't my kinda thing. I don't like the type of people it attracts. I prefer to be surrounded by intellectual individuals who are highly cultured and sophisticated-open minded.
Quote:
Yes this is a serious thread. If you knew my City Data personality, i like to create unique thread conversations that discuss not commen topics. Most of us here are mature but i keep it mature while adding alittle bit of humor and a pinch of satire.

Just sayin'.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:35 PM

4,310 posts, read 2,446,977 times
I miss the days when 20 somethings fixed up 60s and 50s cars, raced around dead mans curve, surfed, went to the drive in, went to the malt shop, and weren't limp wristed metros.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:09 PM

4,350 posts, read 4,929,984 times
Urban Dictionary: poser

Old 04-23-2016, 01:45 AM

601 posts, read 551,314 times
Hipsters are already 30-somethings with jobs and babies and houses in Echo Park. You're chasing an outdated dream.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:54 PM

4,310 posts, read 2,446,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkyPunks View Post
Hipsters are already 30-somethings with jobs and babies and houses in Echo Park. You're chasing an outdated dream.
I don't see too many of those hipsters owning million dollar homes unless their last name is Rothschild or Rockefeller. Maybe in inland empire

Old 04-23-2016, 07:02 PM

807 posts, read 657,159 times
OP, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to be a DTLA hipster. Is this a different type of hipster from the ones in Silver Lake and Echo Park?

In all seriousness, just be yourself and don't try to fit some sort of mold. I read your post and originally thought it was a joke. It seems like you have a strong desire to "fit in" and be like those you see around you. Just do what makes you happy and have your own unique personality rather than succumb to fads and fleeting trends.

If you want to get a $10 organic juice, buy it because you like it, not just because other people are being sold an overpriced drink they feel they need to buy. I've been to Grand Central Market and I've seen all types of people. Not everyone is one of the hipster types you see hanging out at Eggslut or the organic juice stand.

Also, just because some self-absorbed guy thinks it's cool to take a selfie in a filthy DTLA alley doesn't mean you need to as well. Maybe that guy is a narcissistic, vapid idiot who should be doing more useful things with his time.

If you are a high cultured, sophisticated, and open minded individual, don't lower yourself to the lowest common denominator just because it's en vogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or