U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:41 PM

3,780 posts, read 2,396,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
Jm1982 and i have alot in commen. We just want to be surrounded by other professionals like ourselfs and don't want to be harrased by mentally ill skitzos on the streets. Life would be better if every single neighborhood was gentrified. I guess that can't happened without the Los Angeles Visa system installed.
Maybe learn to spell, champ, before you take a nose-down view of the others.

Quote:
What wall? We don't need a wall when we have the mountains blocking the LA Basin from the rest of the United States. Just block the mountain passes along i15, i5, i10,
Yeah, because those freeways aren't logistical nightmares already, let's install checkpoints on them and grind the entirety of Los Angeles to a complete halt. Good thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 01:02 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,505,765 times
This is worrisom. This is my city, my home. It will be a cold day in he'll before I let others come into MY city and turn it into a wealthy snob-fest.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:07 PM

10,329 posts, read 6,380,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
This is worrisom. This is my city, my home. It will be a cold day in he'll before I let others come into MY city and turn it into a wealthy snob-fest.
Oh good! Whatcha gonna do about it?

Old 04-25-2016, 01:09 PM

24,177 posts, read 13,685,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
We are going to ban you from coming to L.A !

Old 04-25-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Im gonna **** and moan like an impotent jerk AND TAKE IT UP TAILPIPE!

Old 04-25-2016, 02:14 PM

1,514 posts, read 1,895,847 times
Quote:
Or we can just stick to building vertical to allow more people to live in the city and improve our transit even more, and faster to cut street traffic in half and encourage jobs to move more into the city and show people how great it is to not need a car EVERYTIME they need to go somewhere.

We can learn alot from NYrkers.. We don't have to be NY, but we can sure learn some better ways.

Seriously, our lifestyle is pure insanity.

Your model is a city that considered congestion pricing for tolls to relieve traffic, where people can pay $100's to $1,000's a month for parking, and where the Cross Bronx Expressway and the Long Island Expressway are referred to as "the city's largest parking lots", where the apartment vacancy rate is less than 3%?

Also:

(From Numbeo.com)
You would need around 7,232.93$ in New York, NY to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 5,300.00$ in Los Angeles, CA (assuming you rent in both cities). This calculation uses our Cost of Living Plus Rent Index to compare cost of living. This assumes net earnings (after income tax).

Consumer Prices in New York, NY are 26.68% higher than in Los Angeles, CA
Consumer Prices Including Rent in New York, NY are 36.47% higher than in Los Angeles, CA
Rent Prices in New York, NY are 49.29% higher than in Los Angeles, CA
Restaurant Prices in New York, NY are 25.77% higher than in Los Angeles, CA
Groceries Prices in New York, NY are 29.58% higher than in Los Angeles, CA
Local Purchasing Power in New York, NY is 14.44% lower than in Los Angeles, CA

OR

(From LA Curbed)

Not to say that Los Angeles, the city we both call home, is a prohibitively expensive hell. Compared to a place like New York City, it may as well be Omaha. While a recent New York Times writer's claims that a two-bedroom bungalow in Echo Park can be procured for a tears-of-joy-inducing $1,250 per month are completely and utterly delusional, the fact that the average Angeleno can afford to live in something larger than the glorified closets their New Yorker counterparts inhabit is an undeniable fact. (SPOILER ALERT: Los Angeles wins, hands down.)

Also, please remember we have tons of bridges and tunnels that already back up to a crawl. so setting up checkpoints to keep people out would be no problem.

So, good luck with that.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Alright, calm down. That's a bit extreme. I'm sure there are more reasonable options.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:18 PM

10,329 posts, read 6,380,949 times
Quote:
Lol. Well that's what I thought. Room for two on that bench?

Old 04-25-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Lol. Well that's what I thought. Room for two on that bench?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Alright, calm down. That's a bit extreme. I'm sure there are more reasonable options.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You both have never seen Liar Liar have you?
http://youtu.be/l-rNIAN5o5M

Old 04-25-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
You both have never seen Liar Liar have you?
http://youtu.be/l-rNIAN5o5M
I thought that sounded familiar. I caught part of it while channel surfing the other day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles