U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:58 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,167,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's hard to not like it though. The day I feel mad at these kids is the day I stop and think "damn I'm old "..
Yeah, that dude with the kid n play haircut wheeling through opposing traffic was crazy but intriguing. Video very much felt like L.A. to me. Good and Bad lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 08:21 PM

4,498 posts, read 2,767,476 times
It's literally child's play compared to what goes on in Baltimore
https://youtu.be/30lKGIdOzQY

Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 AM

242 posts, read 327,011 times
If you happen to be involved in an accident with such a bicycle, just remember that they are not legal in California since they do not have brakes. Get a police report and have the officer note down this fact.

That said, I'm off to ride my bike!

Old 05-08-2016, 08:15 PM

387 posts, read 336,400 times
It seems like these people made a second video.. But this time in music video form. It's still in LA though. I'll post the link here if you guys are interested and liked the first one.

https://youtu.be/K44RVVNbmXw

Old 05-08-2016, 08:28 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,194,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They are daredevils, I don't think it should be legal to ride like that on public streets. It's a public safety issue.
If they want to do that on a closed course it's one thing.
If their fixie bike slams into a car at no fault of the car driver, the blame will still be put on the car driver.
It's a liability to drive around people like this.
I'm sure it's a fun thing for them , but some people also think taking hard drugs is fun too..it's not safe and sometimes kills.
Very similar to the aggressive douches doing similar in NYC with dirt bikes. Both have Dem mayors?

I would consider bumping one good. I hate douces like this that have no respect for others so why should we respect them.

When I shop and people refuse to move after I say excuse me they get bumped out of the way.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:39 PM

24,173 posts, read 13,685,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Very similar to the aggressive douches doing similar in NYC with dirt bikes. Both have Dem mayors?

I would consider bumping one good. I hate douces like this that have no respect for others so why should we respect them.

When I shop and people refuse to move after I say excuse me they get bumped out of the way.
I wonder who is more clueless though Garcetti or de Blasio?

Old 05-08-2016, 08:49 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,014,960 times
God, LA can't do trap music. It sounds so cornball.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:52 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,194,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe View Post
If you happen to be involved in an accident with such a bicycle, just remember that they are not legal in California since they do not have brakes. Get a police report and have the officer note down this fact.

That said, I'm off to ride my bike!
Take photos of accident for documentation........use of your smart phone

Old 05-13-2016, 01:04 AM

166 posts, read 90,356 times
Strawmen. Clearly this was done for the video. It's not like this is a common occurrence. Never saw anybody driving in groups like this in DTLA or anywhere else. It's like picking a news article about someone being shot in DTLA and saying that you'd be nervous about driving there since you may get shot... In fact, THAT should be a bigger worry than some kids on bicycles.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:32 AM

3,031 posts, read 2,863,759 times
Interesting hobby... they look like they're having a blast, but yeah they must be such a pain to drivers!

California is very bike friendly in general. When we visited Sacramento there were bikes everywhere and it seemed the riders took for granted they were safe. They'd ride through stop signs, and didn't look like they were paying attention much. Davis is also known to be a big bike community.
Hubby and I love our cruisers and we riding around looking at all the neat old houses in Midtown etc. but we were just a little more cautious.

However, when we went to New Orleans and rented bikes to ride through the Garden District...
Terrifying!! Those drivers over there do not care! they will not stop or slow down! You are literally taking your life in your hands and since we had recently been in Sacramento I was thinking, OMG those kids would not survive! Actually when we returned the bikes, we asked about the car vs bike situation and they kind of shrugged and said, yeah people get hit... but I think we didn't have as many deaths this year as last! Dang!

Editing because I found these...
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...among_wor.html
http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gamb...nt?oid=2718905

So if you Californian bikers visit NOLA, be careful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or