U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:02 AM

24,163 posts, read 13,675,815 times

Advertisements

Yeah spot on with the agenda. That's funny.
You also forgot the part about hating the homeless , or maybe that can be categorized under "poor people"..? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 02:53 PM

2,432 posts, read 1,326,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Impressive list of links.
Do you work for one of these affordable housing developers or something?
You seem to really be pushing that agenda..
What agenda am I pushing?
You are like the guy who goes to a restaurant, says the food is horrible and then you complain about how small the portions are!! In other words, you are a serial complainer...like a character in a Woody Allen movie.

Multiple posts and/or threads from you that complain about the homeless and then when something is proposed to address it you complain about that!

And yes, many of your posts suggest you know nothing (or very little) about the topics you are discussing. Kind of embarrassing really.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
You are like the guy who goes to a restaurant, says the food is horrible and then you complain about how small the portions are!! In other words, you are a serial complainer...like a character in a Woody Allen movie.

Multiple posts and/or threads from you that complain about the homeless and then when something is proposed to address it you complain about that!

And yes, many of your posts suggest you know nothing (or very little) about the topics you are discussing. Kind of embarrassing really.
Woody Allen is a great filmmaker, thank you!

Or perhaps people reading the posts are ignorant and don't understand the topic , so it appears to them that I am ignorant.

“The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”
-Stephen Hawking

Old 04-26-2016, 03:34 PM

73 posts, read 39,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post

Some people just enjoy complaining and being miserable. There is another poster that fits that description on this forum.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:08 PM

4,520 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
It wasn't sarcasm you muppet
Are you English?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REITS4life View Post
Some people just enjoy complaining and being miserable. There is another poster that fits that description on this forum.
Who is the other poster?
I guess we should pretend like everything is great?
Everything in L.A is perfect!
The Mayor and City Council are making great decisions!

Maybe take off the rose colored glasses and take look around the city.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Who is the other poster?
I guess we should pretend like everything is great?
Everything in L.A is perfect!
The Mayor and City Council are making great decisions!

Maybe take off the rose colored glasses and take look around the city.
Around me:

Property values going up
Crime going down
New businesses moving in
New construction going up

Looks good.

If how the city is run is so concerning to you, I'm sure you're heavily involved with local politics right?

Old 04-26-2016, 05:21 PM

10,325 posts, read 6,375,988 times
Quote:
Or perhaps people reading the posts are ignorant and don't understand the topic , so it appears to them that I am ignorant.
Sometimes people are right.
Quote:
“The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”
-Stephen Hawking
We're not talking about "crazy". We're talking about ignorant.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:22 PM

Crime is down?...that's funny..
L.A. crime hits highest point since 2009 amid more gang violence and homelessness - LA Times

Do you not live in L.A? or you don't read the news?

Old 04-26-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Crime is down?...that's funny..
L.A. crime hits highest point since 2009 amid more gang violence and homelessness - LA Times

Do you not live in L.A? or you don't read the news?
And how does crime in LA compare to 1991? I'm not some transplant that moved here 2 years ago. I remember when the area had major problems. I was around during Northridge, fires, floods, mud slides, riots, crack epidemic, serious gang activity, etc.

Moderator cut: see note

Last edited by Count David; 05-03-2016 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: personal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles