Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 12:40 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,976,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoDC View Post
That article is one of many online. I just grabbed one of the first that popped up on the subject. SEO in effect. You seem to be the one that is angered. Not sure why you can't just have a civil discussion and address the facts (or even provide facts negating mine if need be). That is what adults do.
Adults also listen to natives who have first hand knowledge. You have relatives in Long Beach, you should ask them if they're dead yet.

Last edited by jamills21; 05-01-2016 at 12:54 AM..

Old 05-01-2016, 01:01 AM

America, I love you. One day we will be a nation of thinkers, and not a confederacy of dunces (Thanks, John Kennedy Toole).

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

"The latter part of a wise man's life is taken up in curing the follies, prejudices, and false opinions he had contracted in the former."
-Johnathan Swift. Inspiration for Confederacy of Dunces.

Last edited by jamills21; 05-01-2016 at 01:13 AM..

Old 05-01-2016, 11:06 AM

205 posts, read 173,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
America, I love you. One day we will be a nation of thinkers, and not a confederacy of dunces (Thanks, John Kennedy Toole).

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

"The latter part of a wise man's life is taken up in curing the follies, prejudices, and false opinions he had contracted in the former."
-Johnathan Swift. Inspiration for Confederacy of Dunces.
Glad that you think so highly of yourself. Take care. Not going to continue to go back and forth with immature people.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:33 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,523,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoDC View Post
Again, I am not ADVISING anyone. I came to this thread to GET advice and then wrote about my experiences. Relaying an experience is quite different from offering advice, which I did not do. I have done searches for homes on Zillow and the prices ARE expensive compared to my area. So again, I am coming from my own personal viewpoint and bias. It may not be expensive to you because you are used to the prices in LA which are more expensive than most areas of the county. Everyone sees things from their own cultural and socioeconomic viewpoint. I really don't get you two being in attack mode for people offering their own experiences up for discussion. But, of course, this is the internet, where internet bullies thrive.
How is saying things like I've seen on some online blogs that the goal for Mexicans is to take over California and Texas though (trying to get their territory back). or making statements like "the Valley is expensive" not advising people and giving advice and your opinion? And who listens to blogs?

What "Mexicans" are you even talking about? I know several Mexican American families here who are 3rd and 4th generation American(born in CA), do you mean them?

I pointed out to you that the Valley has areas that vary greatly in regards to income level, you ignored that, because it took the air out of your "the Valley is expensive" comment.

You don't understand how people who live here get annoyed with somone who makes blanket statements(that aren't true) who has never lived here? It's not that hard of a concept if you think about it.

No one is attacking you, we are pointing out the fact that you have never lived here. You have visited, it's not the same. Not even close.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:18 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,209,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanViewer View Post
I am visiting the Los Angeles area for the second time in 6 months and I am very surprised of the lack of Black Americans I see through out the city and surrounding areas. I'm visiting from the east coast and it's a little odd not seeing a certain amount of Black Americans in the population. What's the deal?
guess I am a little surprised at the question and the way you put it? to answer your question, there are a lot of blacks in So. Ca but maybe not as many as in some southern states. There are a lot of Hispanics as will. In fact Los Angles is as diversified as any major city and more so than some.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,209,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
..."black Americans"?
you are right: never picked up on that: I think of blacks as either African-Americans or Blacks, but not black Americans.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:28 PM

363 posts, read 553,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
guess I am a little surprised at the question and the way you put it? to answer your question, there are a lot of blacks in So. Ca but maybe not as many as in some southern states. There are a lot of Hispanics as will. In fact Los Angles is as diversified as any major city and more so than some.
No. I think many people notice this right away when visiting LA is how few blacks they see. Most are being pushed out of South Central replaced by Central Americans. Guatemalans and Salvadoreans mainly.

Majority of blacks in LA are moving to cheaper cities such as Houston, Atlanta and SoCarolina where rents are affordable. This has been happening for the past 16 years but 2009 they mass exited the state. We have a tiny population now.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:38 PM

123 posts, read 145,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
No. I think many people notice this right away when visiting LA is how few blacks they see. Most are being pushed out of South Central replaced by Central Americans. Guatemalans and Salvadoreans mainly.

Majority of blacks in LA are moving to cheaper cities such as Houston, Atlanta and SoCarolina where rents are affordable. This has been happening for the past 16 years but 2009 they mass exited the state. We have a tiny population now.
That make sense. I'm sure there were a lot more during the 80' 90's and early 2000's.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post

2015 Census Estimates: LA County has an estimated 10,170,292 people. LA County is 9.2% black. Which would leave about
935,666 black & AA alone in LA County.

Black % went from 8.7% in 2010 to 9.2% in 2014 according to the US Census Bureau.

Los Angeles County California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Edit: This obviously doesn't count Neighboring San Bernardino, Riverside Counties, Orange County.

San Bernardino has 2,128,133 people and is 9.5% black or AA alone. So, there are about 202,172 Black or AA alone in San Bernardino County.

Riverside County has 2,361,026 people and is 7% Black or AA alone. So, that is about 165,271 Black or AA alone.

Combined LA, San Bernadino, and Riverside Counties would be about 1,303,109 Black or AA alone in the CSA. Imma just skip Orange County and Ventura Counties cause they are both like 2.2% black.

Last edited by jamills21; 05-01-2016 at 03:10 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 03:03 PM

219 posts, read 314,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
2015 Census Estimates: LA County has an estimated 10,170,292 people. LA County is 9.2% black. Which would leave about
935,666 black & AA alone in LA County.

Black % went from 8.7% in 2010 to 9.2% in 2014 according to the US Census Bureau.

Los Angeles County California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
No that's the hispanic black added. Also that's just south central and antelope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles