Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 02:07 PM

363 posts, read 557,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
No that's the hispanic black added. Also that's just south central and antelope
Probably so but still most AfroLatinos in LA wouldn't move the needle that much.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:12 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,907 times
Quote:
No that's the hispanic black added. Also that's just south central and antelope
Your wrong....Read Closely.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:16 PM

219 posts, read 316,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
Probably so but still most AfroLatinos in LA wouldn't move the needle that much.
It would be better to be places where there is a affluent black community.
It's like you may be the 1% of black in socal, but you have to compete with whites Asians arabs hispanics etc. And since all of these other races are communities that rich, not all, but I know whites, arabs, and Asians, and even hispanics have their own beverly hills. It's different when it's just two races, like in Atlanta or somewhere, and you are allowed to "go against stereotypes" but in a place where there are 10 different ethnicities etc, unfortunately the hiring practices, if not white, as way more choices than black.

I think this is what the guy was asking. I know whites can hire their own. Asians can hire their own same with arabs and latinos. WHen he says "lack of blacks" he means lack of blacks in good positions that can help the community. Go to south central and you will see blacks. If you look at the places where blacks have a striving community it's all in the south. D.C etc. Even texas and northeast have areas where blacks strive.

I would be wary of raising children in an area where there are SO many other races that have a stereotype advantage etc in jobs, ca schools don't have affirmative action etc.

Visiting the beach where everyone just goes to relax is not representive. These people return to south central etc and their own cities.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
It would be better to be places where there is a affluent black community.
It's like you may be the 1% of black in socal, but you have to compete with whites Asians arabs hispanics etc. And since all of these other races are communities that rich, not all, but I know whites, arabs, and Asians, and even hispanics have their own beverly hills.
It's different when it's just two races, like in Atlanta or somewhere, and you are allowed to "go against stereotypes" but in a place where there are 10 different ethnicities etc, unfortunately the hiring practices, if not white, as way more choices than black.

I think this is what the guy was asking. I know whites can hire their own. Asians can hire their own same with arabs and latinos. WHen he says "lack of blacks" he means lack of blacks in good positions that can help the community. Go to south central and you will see blacks. If you look at the places where blacks have a striving community it's all in the south. D.C etc. Even texas and northeast have areas where blacks strive.

I would be wary of raising children in an area where there are SO many other races that have a stereotype advantage etc in jobs, ca schools don't have affirmative action etc.

Visiting the beach where everyone just goes to relax is not representive. These people return to south central etc and their own cities.
10 of the Richest Black Communities in America - Page 5 of 5 - Atlanta Black Star

Quote:
2. Baldwin Hills, California
Baldwin Hills has a median family income of $157,033, which secures it as one of the richest Black communities in the United States. The community was given the nickname the Black Beverly Hills after African Americans began moving into the area, especially musicians and film actors.
Top 3 are all in Los Angeles.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
2015 Census Estimates: LA County has an estimated 10,170,292 people. LA County is 9.2% black. Which would leave about
935,666 black & AA alone in LA County.

Black % went from 8.7% in 2010 to 9.2% in 2014 according to the US Census Bureau.

Los Angeles County California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Edit: This obviously doesn't count Neighboring San Bernardino, Riverside Counties, Orange County.

San Bernardino has 2,128,133 people and is 9.5% black or AA alone. So, there are about 202,172 Black or AA alone in San Bernardino County.

Riverside County has 2,361,026 people and is 7% Black or AA alone. So, that is about 165,271 Black or AA alone.

Combined LA, San Bernadino, and Riverside Counties would be about 1,303,109 Black or AA alone in the CSA. Imma just skip Orange County and Ventura Counties cause they are both like 2.2% black.

People really like to play mental gymnastics. This is the UNITED STATES CENSUS BUREAU If you have better stats than the United States Federal Government I would LOVE to see them.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
That's richest compare to COST of living.

150k in LA is like 250k in texas lmao.

ALso it says a lot of them are actors and musicians. Makes sense. lol

Dude I'm not denying that blacks can succeed. But everyone in this thread is telling this guy that race doesn't matter in socal lol. One of the most segregated areas in America. I have friends who are rappers in LA and doing well for themselves, but it is a very different class. You have rich famous blacks, then people in south central. The guy is asking about regular people.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:

It's based on Income not COL. Yes, Los Angeles is more expensive than TX, I don't think anybody is disputing that. And so the hell what Acting and being a musician pay a lot of money. I didn't realize that made a difference. #3 Ladera Heights has a similar Income level (The average family income is $132,824). and it was called "Pill Hill" because of the amount of black doctors that moved into the area.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:37 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanViewer View Post
I am visiting the Los Angeles area for the second time in 6 months and I am very surprised of the lack of Black Americans I see through out the city and surrounding areas. I'm visiting from the east coast and it's a little odd not seeing a certain amount of Black Americans in the population. What's the deal?
Come to Inglewood and Ladera Heights next time you visit. You won't be disappointed. Great restaurants, too!

Old 05-01-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Dude I'm not denying that blacks can succeed. But everyone in this thread is telling this guy that race doesn't matter in socal lol. One of the most segregated areas in America. I have friends who are rappers in LA and doing well for themselves, but it is a very different class. You have rich famous blacks, then people in south central. The guy is asking about regular people.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...eAvailable.png

Old 05-01-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
It's based on Income not COL. Yes, Los Angeles is more expensive than TX, I don't think anybody is disputing that. And so the hell what Acting and being a musician pay a lot of money. I didn't realize that made a difference. #3 Ladera Heights has a similar Income level (The average family income is $132,824). and it was called "Pill Hill" because of the amount of black doctors that moved into the area.
Yes beore 1965. We all know what happened.

L.A.'s 10 Most Expensive Zip Codes For Real Estate Revealed | L.A. Weekly

Once again, I said compared to other races. The income disapart between races is the most seen in california.

The disparity is not as big in other states.

It's kind of telling that the richest and most famous blacks still ahve to live in "black beverly hills."

I'm just saying that people in this thread saying **** like "oh race doesn't matter in socal" it's all about how successful you are. Well the communities shows that even the successful people are segregated.

lmao they actually make good money in LA. Way better than wannabe actors and comedians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles