U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 05:39 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,351,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr6035 View Post
They can get free college without us taxpayers footing the bill. Just enlist in the military for 2 or 4 years. Get your tuition and books paid for. It's called the new GI Bill. Didn't have it when I was in there. But,in my view,you want something given to you,maybe give a little yourself.
The whole argument that it's "free" and the young people who want it are just lazy is moronic. What do you think taxes are? Do you think young people don't pay taxes, or that getting tuition assistance means they wont pay taxes in the future?
And just FYI, taxpayers are still footing the bill if tuition is covered by the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
These are just simple, hard facts. Not pom-pom waving.
But the DNC is run like the mafia and they're fully committed to backing Hillary, no matter what. Bernie has gotten no DNC support and the DNC has threatened to go after(by revoking funding) Democratic Senators and Representatives that endorse Bernie. And th media has treated Hillary kid gloves this entire race, downplaying all of her negatives and overselling her positives. All you ever hear about is how experienced she is, but no thought or time is given to what the quality of her experience really is. As a Senator and SoS she was a corporate shill, frequently stepping outside the parameters of her positions to push the agendas of the corporations and Wall St billionaires that hurl money at her campaigns and the Clinton Foundation. Her foreign policy philosophy is more hawkish and amoral than W. Bush's. And her positions change so frequently John Kerry is probably livid over how no one is calling her a flip-flopper.
At this point it would take a federal indictment before the convention to get the Democratic establishment to wake up and pick a winner. The media and the Hillary cheerleaders like to pretend she'll trounce the GOP nominee, but her numbers are upside down and getting worse. She loses to Kasich and basically ties with Cruz, but Bernie beats all 3 by large margins and has hugely positive approval numbers. If the GOP has a contested convention and makes the smart choice by picking Kasich, Hillary loses big.
And even if Trump gets the nomination and Hillary beats him it's not like she'll be a great president. She's more hawkish than most republicans, more of a corporate shill than even Obama has proven to be, and less concerned with things like climate change, trade deficits, income inequality, big banks getting even bigger than before 2008, and criminal justice reform than pretty much every other sitting Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 07:10 PM

601 posts, read 551,482 times
Yeah, cutting out super-delegates, the race is too close to call regardless of your preference. If Bernie won California (where polls currently show him tied or leading) he would be beating Hillary, as they're only within a couple hundred points of each other.

I'm not a Bernie or bust person, but he's clearly a better choice than every other candidate in the race, simply b/c he's honest, doesn't bow down to lobbyists, experienced, practical, and genuine - the latter being a quality that every other candidate is sorely lacking. I agree w/ his positions on healthcare, the Middle East, incarceration, women's rights, student loan abuse (by lenders) and taxation. I am a highly informed voter, and have been for the past 2-going-on-3 Presidential elections.

And just FYI, most of Bernie's supporters are 20-somethings that have already graduated from college and don't plan on returning, myself included. Free college isn't the driving factor.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Even if Bernie won California in an insane 90-10 blowout(which won't happen) Hillary would still have the delegate lead. He would have to win every remaining state by very big margins to catch up to Hillary and make a strong enough case for the establishment jackasses at the convention.
But can you imagine how popular he would be nationally if he had actual, fair media coverage and the support of the DNC? He would probably win by more than 10 points in the general, no matter who the GOP put up against him. Everyone who gets to know Bernie and what he's about likes him.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:31 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,279,193 times
Thanks OP I need register anyways because my address has changed since last year.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:41 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,038,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkyPunks View Post
Yeah, cutting out super-delegates, the race is too close to call regardless of your preference. If Bernie won California (where polls currently show him tied or leading) he would be beating Hillary, as they're only within a couple hundred points of each other.

I'm not a Bernie or bust person, but he's clearly a better choice than every other candidate in the race, simply b/c he's honest, doesn't bow down to lobbyists, experienced, practical, and genuine - the latter being a quality that every other candidate is sorely lacking. I agree w/ his positions on healthcare, the Middle East, incarceration, women's rights, student loan abuse (by lenders) and taxation. I am a highly informed voter, and have been for the past 2-going-on-3 Presidential elections.

And just FYI, most of Bernie's supporters are 20-somethings that have already graduated from college and don't plan on returning, myself included. Free college isn't the driving factor.
How fitting, yet another Bernie supporter is a self-described "highly informed" voter. Aren't you all?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
How fitting, yet another Bernie supporter is a self-described "highly informed" voter. Aren't you all?
According to independent polling from multiple sources, Bernie has the most well-informed supporters of any candidate. No surprise, the GOP front-runner had the least/worst informed supporters.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 PM

10,318 posts, read 6,375,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Even if Bernie won California in an insane 90-10 blowout(which won't happen) Hillary would still have the delegate lead. He would have to win every remaining state by very big margins to catch up to Hillary and make a strong enough case for the establishment jackasses at the convention.
But can you imagine how popular he would be nationally if he had actual, fair media coverage and the support of the DNC? He would probably win by more than 10 points in the general, no matter who the GOP put up against him. Everyone who gets to know Bernie and what he's about likes him.
Sorry, that's not the case. Check the math again: https://johnlaurits.com/2016/04/28/t...tic-convention/ Sanders doesn't have to win the delegate race to force a contested convention. There is a perfectly clear path for him to deny Clinton the majority she needs to eliminate a contest.

Also, Sanders does not show double digits against John Kasich in a general matchup. Good news: the likihood of Kasich becoming the GOP nominee is far less than Sanders becoming the Democratic nominee.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:52 PM

10,318 posts, read 6,375,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
Well, yes, pretty much. Thanks for noting

Old 05-01-2016, 07:56 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,038,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
According to independent polling from multiple sources, Bernie has the most well-informed supporters of any candidate. No surprise, the GOP front-runner had the least/worst informed supporters.
According to independent polling from multiple sources, Bernie is done.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Sorry, that's not the case. Check the math again: https://johnlaurits.com/2016/04/28/t...tic-convention/ Sanders doesn't have to win the delegate race to force a contested convention. There is a perfectly clear path for him to deny Clinton the majority she needs to eliminate a contest.
A contested convention is still exceedingly likely to go Hillary's way, not Bernie's. Hillary has the entire establishment on her side, and she's not above buying delegates. Like I said, unless she gets indicted before the convention I just don't see how she loses the nomination.

Quote:
Also, Sanders does not show double digits against John Kasich in a general matchup. Good news: the likihood of Kasich becoming the GOP nominee is far less than Sanders becoming the Democratic nominee.
But I'm saying that if he weren't so minimalized by the media his support would skyrocket. And Sanders does beat Kasich by as much as 9 points in some matchups, so he's not far off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or