U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2016, 09:35 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood
3,196 posts, read 2,355,398 times
Reputation: 5262

Advertisements

Holy crap. So much stupid crap in one post. Let's begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
As far as Chavez and Bernie is concerned, how about massive spending on social programs as a similarity???
So every modern American president is just like Hugo Chavez?

Quote:
or did u need other examples?
Yes, at least one specific example would be nice. It would at least show that you're not entirely clueless.

Quote:
You are making this discussion more difficult than it has to be honestly.
Oh no! How could I even dream of calling you out on the stupid **** you say?

Quote:
And the fact that you would discredit a former venuzalen citizen in her depiction of Bernie being simmilar to Chavez when she lived under the regime is highly disheartening to say the least.
Oh, ****ing stop. Save your phony outrage for someone who cares. You don't even know or care who this person is. You could have made her up for all I know. And even if she's real she could be just as uninformed as you are.

Quote:
Other socialistic counties' dismal financial statues should be a warning to Americans in their quest to "feel the burn". Look at Paris this past week. They were out rioting in the streets because the government was going to cut back on their paid time off and other big government policies.
So then whenever another capitalistic country hits a rough patch we should abandon capitalism? By your logic we should have abandoned capitalism after the 2008 meltdown.

Quote:
I also love how your totally parced out that statistic about the 14% as a demonstration of how Bernie supporters, as a whole, don't mind tax increases.
You mean how I read the article that you posted, even though you yourself did not read it?

Quote:
The article clearly stats that a majority of Bernie lovers are not in favor of tax increases to fund the revolution.
No it doesn't. It tries to say that, because it's a hatchet job, but it fails to do that because data does not lie. Only 14% of the Bernie supporters polled weren't willing to pay increased taxes to pay for Bernie's initiatives. That is the fact of the matter. Arguing otherwise just proves how willfully ignorant you are.

Quote:
i don't know why it is so hard to admit that? I guess admitting that nullifies the "revolution". Lol
I won't concede things that aren't true. You can make up all the lies you want, but I'll challenge you on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2016, 10:24 PM
 
Location: On the water.
10,353 posts, read 6,393,098 times
Reputation: 8629
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
As far as Chavez and Bernie is concerned, how about massive spending on social programs as a similarity??? or did u need other examples? You are making this discussion more difficult than it has to be honestly. And the fact that you would discredit a former venuzalen citizen in her depiction of Bernie being simmilar to Chavez when she lived under the regime is highly disheartening to say the least. Other socialistic counties' dismal financial statues should be a warning to Americans in their quest to "feel the burn". Look at Paris this past week. They were out rioting in the streets because the government was going to cut back on their paid time off and other big government policies.

I also love how your totally parced out that statistic about the 14% as a demonstration of how Bernie supporters, as a whole, don't mind tax increases. The article clearly stats that a majority of Bernie lovers are not in favor of tax increases to fund the revolution.
i don't know why it is so hard to admit that? I guess admitting that nullifies the "revolution". Lol
Massive spending on social programs? You mean like Medicare? Which is exceedingly popular with both democrats and republicans? Biggest "social program" we got.

Yes, examples. Specific examples of similarities you suggest Sanders and Chavez share. Not vague generalizations.

And let me ask you a question here with regard to your buying into the comments of an anonymous caller to an AM radio talk show. If some ultra progressive type called in to a radio talk show and rambled on and on about the sequestration of wealth in the US at the top, corporate welfare sucking up more dollars than social welfare, unarmed black youths being shot left and right by police, working families, including military, having to turn to welfare programs to make rent and put rice and beans on the table, and more in a similar vein - um, would you buy it lock stock and barrel as a defining picture of life in the United States of America? Just because the anonymous caller said so? Would you seek more information? Simply dismiss the comments as rants of a disenfranchised individual? What would you think?

Do you realize that the countries of Europe, and Australia, New Zealand, and numerous others around the globe that fit the profile you fear as socialism - aren't socialist at all? There's a vast difference between socially progressive programs to ensure a stable and healthy society and middle class - and actual socialism. Are you at all aware that ALL advanced and advancing countries are increasingly progressive to meet the demands of growing populations and urbanization?

Do you understand that, scientifically, homo sapiens is a "social" species? But you think "socially" beneficial programs are somehow bizarre?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2016, 11:29 PM
 
638 posts, read 455,399 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriahoney View Post
Bernie is pretty much toast and he realizes this. The GOP is such a mess that even republicans are backing Hillary.

The only people voting Trump are racist white men in bulk. You'll have small pop of poc that self hate or Asians that admire white people.
Right on the first account. Sanders campaign is clearly positioning for a loss.

On your second point.. typical liberal POV. Play the racist card on white males, and then dismiss any non-white with a basic understanding of math and human behavior as "self loathing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
The whole argument that it's "free" and the young people who want it are just lazy is moronic. What do you think taxes are? Do you think young people don't pay taxes, or that getting tuition assistance means they wont pay taxes in the future?
And just FYI, taxpayers are still footing the bill if tuition is covered by the military.
Because we feel we owe that to people who have served.

What taxes do young people pay? Sales taxes? Minimal taxes from the McJob they have been able to find in the jobless recovery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2016, 11:34 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood
3,196 posts, read 2,355,398 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Because we feel we owe that to people who have served.
And? That doesn't make it free.

Quote:
What taxes do young people pay? Sales taxes? Minimal taxes from the McJob they have been able to find in the jobless recovery?
Wow, that's really freakin' arrogant. Their taxes don't count because they're not high-income earners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2016, 09:38 AM
 
73 posts, read 39,077 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Right on the first account. Sanders campaign is clearly positioning for a loss.

On your second point.. typical liberal POV. Play the racist card on white males, and then dismiss any non-white with a basic understanding of math and human behavior as "self loathing".


Because we feel we owe that to people who have served.

What taxes do young people pay? Sales taxes? Minimal taxes from the McJob they have been able to find in the jobless recovery?
In my company there are probably 4-5 people under the age of 30 earning 40-70k for every 1 person over 30 earning 100k. Those millennials are definitely paying taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
 
Location: On the water.
10,353 posts, read 6,393,098 times
Reputation: 8629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Right on the first account. Sanders campaign is clearly positioning for a loss.

On your second point.. typical liberal POV. Play the racist card on white males, and then dismiss any non-white with a basic understanding of math and human behavior as "self loathing".


Because we feel we owe that to people who have served.

What taxes do young people pay? Sales taxes? Minimal taxes from the McJob they have been able to find in the jobless recovery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by REITS4life View Post
In my company there are probably 4-5 people under the age of 30 earning 40-70k for every 1 person over 30 earning 100k. Those millennials are definitely paying taxes.
Right. And there are also a TON of millennials earning in the neighborhood of $100k - many starting at salaries of $60K, $75K, and more right out of college. Amazingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2016, 12:22 PM
 
73 posts, read 39,077 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Right. And there are also a TON of millennials earning in the neighborhood of $100k - many starting at salaries of $60K, $75K, and more right out of college. Amazingly.
The number of millennials making 100k (or more) is 1%.

So approximately 750,000 in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2016, 12:28 PM
 
Location: LBC
4,155 posts, read 4,299,587 times
Reputation: 3528
So, registered Republicans:

Who are you voting for? Lets hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2016, 01:15 PM
 
Location: On the water.
10,353 posts, read 6,393,098 times
Reputation: 8629
Quote:
Originally Posted by REITS4life View Post
The number of millennials making 100k (or more) is 1%.

So approximately 750,000 in the U.S.
And probably half of those are in California ...

But how about those millennials earning $60K +? And how many are in CA?

Interesting tangent: there are apparently about 1/2 million college grads earning minimum wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
 
73 posts, read 39,077 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And probably half of those are in California ...

But how about those millennials earning $60K +? And how many are in CA?

Interesting tangent: there are apparently about 1/2 million college grads earning minimum wage.
I wouldn't be surprised if something like 80% of millennials earning 60k+ live in Texas, NY, Illinois, or CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top