Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:30 AM

998 posts, read 786,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You don't even live in the state of CA, never mind the LA area.

There is a problem in Glendale and the Valley with a certain group of people(young Armenian men) who street race.

It is frequently on the news here, and when the names are given of the ones who caused the carnage they end in IAN.

So don't weigh in on something you know nothing about.
The driver of the bmw was in his fifties and the article says that street racing was Not the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 10:41 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
The driver of the bmw was in his fifties and the article says that street racing was Not the case
It said they don't think it's the case and speed was probably a factor. I see plenty of 50 year old Armenians driving that way. Case in point every livery vehicle and uber driver in the area. The reckless driving problem extends to all Armenian men in my opinion and I'm starting to see it from younger women too. They are all also huge on distracted driving. Every time I look over at one on the road they have a phone in their hand talking or texting while driving and I've even seen more than one watching videos on their phone while actually driving in traffic. The sad thing is the so called leaders of their community (such as every elected official in Glendale) don't do anything to address the issue even when citizens express concerns

Old 05-01-2016, 03:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post

Let's review. The speed limit is 35 miles per hour throughout LA on most surface streets, this includes the big boulevards in the Valley.

This joker killed a woman, injured 5 others, and damaged 9 cars(that's right 9 cars some of them totaled), don't tell me he wasnt speeding. It's not physically possible for all this to occur unless a high rate of speed was invloved. So he was in his 50s, he was still driving very reckless. To do this kind of carnage you have to be traveling at high rate of speed, not just 10 miles over the speed limit.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:36 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Let's review. The speed limit is 35 miles per hour throughout LA on most surface streets, this includes the big boulevards in the Valley.

This joker killed a woman, injured 5 others, and damaged 9 cars(that's right 9 cars some of them totaled), don't tell me he wasnt speeding. It's not physically possible for all this to occur unless a high rate of speed was invloved. So he was in his 50s, he was still driving very reckless. To do this kind of carnage you have to be traveling at high rate of speed, not just 10 miles over the speed limit.
Learn2Read

There's a difference between street racing and speeding. Not the least of which is the completely different spelling.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:48 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Speeding or racing, I think the point was that people are getting tired of the reckless driving of some of these luxury car owners.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Learn2Read

There's a difference between street racing and speeding. Not the least of which is the completely different spelling.

Thanks, I know how to read. Doesn't matter if it was street racing or speeding, the end result was the same.

I believe I said "speeding". Perhaps you should learn to read?

Old 05-01-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Speeding or racing, I think the point was that people are getting tired of the reckless driving of some of these luxury car owners.
Exactly, can't call this incident an "accident". There is no way someone doing the speed limit or even over the speed limit could cause this kind of carnage.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:32 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
and the driver was.....Harout Petrosyan

Surprise surprise. I don't care how old he is. Driver of the other car says Petrosyan crossed over double yellow line into on coming traffic to pass him and then cut him off causing the accident. Unfortunately this is typical. They have some sort of completely unwarranted macho arrogance that makes them think they can do whatever they want behind the wheel

63-Year-Old Grandmother Dead, 3 Children Hurt After Car Jumps Curb In Valley Glen « CBS Los Angeles

Old 05-01-2016, 05:47 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Thanks, I know how to read. Doesn't matter if it was street racing or speeding, the end result was the same.

I believe I said "speeding". Perhaps you should learn to read?
Hahaha! Oh wow! You still don't even realize that you're totally wrong. The post you responded to said it wasn't street racing, since that was what the whole narrative of this thread relied on. But then you bumbled in, ranting about how that person was wrong about it not being SPEEDING, even though he(or she) said nothing about speeding.

Again, Learn2Read.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:17 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Hahaha! Oh wow! You still don't even realize that you're totally wrong. The post you responded to said it wasn't street racing, since that was what the whole narrative of this thread relied on. But then you bumbled in, ranting about how that person was wrong about it not being SPEEDING, even though he(or she) said nothing about speeding.

Again, Learn2Read.
No that is not what the thread relied on at all. It's overall reckless driving by these people in luxury cars. There are many incidents of this happening in NoHo, Burbank and Glendale. I don't agree that they're all Armenian, I am not trying to single people out but the majority seem to be people driving in these luxury BMWs, Audis, etcs. If it's not racing, it's speeding down the road like maniacs. You don't live in NoHo so you clearly do not know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles