Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2016, 10:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,273 times

Advertisements

SFV native born and raised. I currently live in Sherman Oaks but am planning a move to a new apartment on Reseda and Saticoy. I know Reseda has undergone lots of changes for the positive over the years but I am curious if anyone lives in that specific area and can comment on the crime, traffic, and general population there? Please only current or recent residents. extra points if you lived in the Villa La Paloma apts and can comment on the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 07:31 PM

Bump! No Reseda residents here?

Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,093,996 times
i'm not too far from reseda. it's not an awful place, but the only reason I ever go to reseda is for the food. there are some awesome little restaurants in strip malls on reseda blvd. as for the reseda/saticoy intersection, the only thing i know about it is the honda dealership. other than that, reseda as a whole feels kind dirty and worn out and caters to the working class crowd. much of the population is latino, which is not inherently bad, but spanish is ubiquitous throughout the area.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,280,059 times
I wouldn't be surprised to see Reseda gentrify in the future, there is a lot of new development in Northridge , but of course Northridge has been considered generally to be a nicer area than Reseda for a while now.
It's surprising that the strip of Sherman Way in Reseda has so many run down and vacant buildings.
It's too bad because it could be a nice little walkable neighborhood since there are so many storefronts.

It would be great to see some decent walkable little neighborhoods in the Valley.
There is the 'bones' in some areas , but they are just neglected.
Sherman Way in Canoga Park is another one , but even that is in better shape than Sherman Way in Reseda.

There's lot's of talk of beautifying or revitalizing these areas, but it mostly just seems to be talk.

Prices in Reseda for homes for sale are definitely more attractive than nearby Tarzana or Encino.
Not a terrible value really considering proximity to Tarzana, Woodland Hills/Warner Center/ Ventura Blvd.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:01 AM

424 posts, read 642,046 times
I lived on Sherman Way and Tampa not too long ago, renting a room in a gated house community and I never found it unsafe...of course I wasn't walking around late at night but it did the job for me in terms of affordability and housing compromise until I could move out. I liked the convenience for grocery shopping, Korean Market, Chinese market, Trader Joes all reasonably close by.

But I did have some bad luck...I used to park my car overnight on Sherman Way and 1 day the cops woke me up to bring me out...a truck ran into it and took off, car was totaled. But I kinda wanted a new car anyways (and it was fully insured) so it didn't bug me too much.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:34 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,502,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beawarex1 View Post
SFV native born and raised. I currently live in Sherman Oaks but am planning a move to a new apartment on Reseda and Saticoy. I know Reseda has undergone lots of changes for the positive over the years but I am curious if anyone lives in that specific area and can comment on the crime, traffic, and general population there? Please only current or recent residents. extra points if you lived in the Villa La Paloma apts and can comment on the building.
'

You have got to be kidding? Get in your car and drive less 10 minutes and you will have your answer. Observe for yourself, the questions you asked.

I could see if you lived out of state, or even in another part of Southern CA like Orange County, but come on...LOL.

Last edited by seain dublin; 05-10-2016 at 10:55 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 10:59 AM

908 posts, read 1,291,008 times
While I'm not a recent or current resident, I have a very good friend who was born and raised in Reseda over 25 years and only just moved out a few years ago. Based on my friend's comments, they saw it change for the worse over time as it became more run down and and while it's not an unsafe area per se, it doesn't necessarily get high marks on safety. There's a reason why homes in Reseda are pretty cheap. The area just looks very tired and really needs a facelift.

Like BRinSM, I only go to Reseda for the food as well. A few great Mexican joints there (Las Fuentes, Melody's, etc.)

Old 05-10-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
'

You have got to be kidding? Get in your car and drive less 10 minutes and you will have your answer. Observe for yourself, the questions you asked.

I could see if you lived out of state, or even in another part of Southern CA like Orange County, but come on...LOL.
Clearly I have checked it out multiple times. Living there on a daily basis and driving through (even often) are very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles