Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 PM

6 posts, read 29,305 times

Advertisements

Hi, im moving to los angeles CA from Portland OR. I was Just wondering what the people are like down in hollywood. Are people pretty cool and friendly in general,or are they stuck up and clickish. Also how is the single scene down there.....Any answers help thanx=tristan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 PM

88 posts, read 726,109 times
they all act like paris hilton

Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Do you mean Hollywood, West Hollywood, or eastern Hollywood?

In West Hollywood, you have clubs, singles, and gays.
In Hollywood you have poor Hispanics, touristy areas, broadcast buildings, and some fun places.
In eastern areas of Hollywood, it's mostly residential that is just okay. It's being revitalized, but it's not a great area.

So, after that, I'm assuming you'll probably want to go with WeHo...that's what most people think of when they say "Hollywood." The singles are everywhere. Over 40% of the people are gay, or maybe just men. The women, I can't really tell you about. They're just typical Angelenos: clueless, slow, and always confused. Oh, and aggressive drivers. Nah, but really, they're just like all the other female Angelenos...I think. I wouldn't know, as I've only been there like once or twice since I'm only fifteen.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
Are you talking about actually living in Hollywood? I wouldn't live there. It is a dive.

Dawn

Old 02-19-2008, 09:02 AM

396 posts, read 1,723,566 times
hollywood is pretty much just one good area, hollywood and highland, the rest is pretty crappy. really the only reason i go there is to go to amoeba.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:53 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
I've actually lived in Hollywood and I have to say our young poster here is pretty accurate. If you are going to live there, stick to eastern Hollywood/Los Feliz area or go to the Sunset Strip (just before West Hollywood) but you probably don't want to live in Hollywood proper. They are trying revitalize Hollywood proper, but that means they are raising prices astronomically and driving out homeless people.

In L.A., the richest people (non-celebs) drive the worst cars and dress down and they are the nicest. It's the wannabe's who are snotty and look down on people. And no there aren't celebs on every corner. I've lived here over 30 years and I've rarely had a sighting (but then again I'm not looking).

The single scene is the anywhere and everywhere. People tend to be way more casual about relationships. Just because someone goes home with you doesn't mean they are spending the night or want a relationship. It might be a "moment" thing.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM

396 posts, read 1,723,566 times
most celebs just want to blend in and not be noticed, and they do a pretty good job of it too.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereistic01 View Post
most celebs just want to blend in and not be noticed, and they do a pretty good job of it too.
Yep. See them all the time just relaxing.

Dereistic, I used to run into celebs (and pseudo celebs) all the time in your neck of the woods - Toluca Lake. I lived there for years before the wife made me sell and move to Sherman Oaks. I was a regular fixture at Priscillia's coffee shop which is still my favorite coffee house in LA.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM

723 posts, read 2,998,214 times
Trolly Trollerton.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM

332 posts, read 2,149,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
In L.A., the richest people (non-celebs) drive the worst cars and dress down and they are the nicest. It's the wannabe's who are snotty and look down on people.
Yep that is very true. Even the B-List and C-List celebs... the smalltime TV actors and such, tend to be really friendly and down to earth, although they don't always live frugally. It is usually the wannabes... those "Waiter-Actor-Models" and the celebrity assistants who think they're all that. LA is full of them, but they're easily ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles