Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:59 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
In 10 years not much knock on wood. A guy that left my friend's apartment right before me in Koreatown got carjacked getting into his car but that was probably 9-10 years ago. As long as you live in a decent neighborhood and have street smarts you'll be fine. I worry more about ISIS then gangs and crime. Its one of the most populted areas of the US and I figure it's a matter of time before one of those nut jobs pulls something here
San Bernardino isn't L.A., but it's certainly close enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 07:13 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
After 47 passed you can steal all you want as long as each indecent is under $950, so have at it, nothing will happen to you.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 PM

72 posts, read 84,788 times
There was a kid last week who got stabbed and murdered for trying to sell his car on Craigslist. I believe it happened in the valley, he was Indian and the murderer/thief was Latino.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:28 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I've had my car stolen. It was found stripped to the bone 3 days later. Things being stolen from people and business is the major crime problem I think. I was at CVS and this guy was shoving make up in a back pack right in front of me! I went to tell the cashier and he ran outside. The cashier didn't even care
A guy stealing makeup?

About five years ago, when I went to the Whole Foods in Venice Beach, they had security guards walking up and down the aisles like they were doing a drill or something. Come to find out, that was the norm. They didn't blend in like undercover assets protection, they were full blown security guards.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:18 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
yes stealing makeup!!! I was looking a nail polish and heard a weird sound and looked down and see a older man crouched down grabbing make up by the fist full and shoving it in a backpack... I started walking to the registers and he saw me got up and walked to the door when he went through a alarm went off and he bolted... the girls at the registers 10 ft away didn't even turn their head to see what happened. When I was checking out I told them and they said they would look at the tape. I think he was planning on selling it at a swapmeet or something I dunno.

Anything in Venice needs a lot of security...

Old 08-16-2016, 09:36 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
I live in the Warner Center area of Woodland Hills and it seems pretty peaceful. You hear about the occasional break in, but nothing major. Well, there was a homeless guy shot to death in Warner Park a while ago, but that was a drug deal gone bad.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:15 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
I live in OC and I've had the following stolen
A car
Multiple car stereos
A tv
Plants in pots
Statues outside
My underware from a dryer
My peace of mind
Guess I should move to Woodland Hills but I'm leaving the state instead

Old 08-17-2016, 12:54 PM

55 posts, read 70,920 times
Quote:
A car
Multiple car stereos
A tv
Plants in pots
Statues outside
My peace of mind
WHAT THE....???
just what kind of people stealing that ?
your neighbor is really serious man !

Old 08-17-2016, 01:06 PM

672 posts, read 2,175,523 times
The worst crime I ever saw here in LA was a hit and run. An SUV struck a man crossing the street and kept on going.

As for me, my old bike was stolen. And my old Playstation2 and a camera was stolen from my house one time when I left the door unlocked.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM

214 posts, read 214,533 times
Quote:
A car
Multiple car stereos
A tv
Plants in pots
Statues outside
My peace of mind
I tried really hard to remember if I have ever had anything stolen.

I couldn't come up with anything. I currently live in OC. Sucks to be you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles