Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:49 PM

1,230 posts, read 988,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdlord View Post
I never worry about gangs or getting shot either and I certainly don't live in "some rich community".
Really?

I can see average of 5 to 10 gangs a day hanging out at the mall, plaza and bus stop in my city.

With bandana around persons ankle, back pocket or wrist. And baseball cap sideways!!

I have had people give me gang signs in store.

And this is not even LA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
What you live in some rich community? Stay away from most areas of LA?
My city is nothing like LA but we get on average 2 to 3 street robberies a day.

And shooting about 1 to 2 times in week.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
And rightly so.And I'd hope they would have been arrested as well, but I'm not sure why you thought the highlighted was worth repeating.
I would rather encounter exhibitionism than some one high on PCP or bath suits. Or some bipolar or schizophrenia person acting out.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:02 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,438 times
Homeless population rising in Los Angeles. Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas and others want it declared a State of Emergency.

San Pedro, CA was in the local paper a lot due to the Homeless situation there. It use to be only in Downtown Los Angeles but spread to Santa Monica and further south. I know where we live we are experiencing a lot of problems They build camps around the Freeway exits etc...We are also experiencing a lot of crime no doubt due to them as well. They will venture into the neighborhoods and steal what they can from yards etc.

It's a mix of Homeless who are seriously mentally ill - or on drugs (Meth) - possibly people who have lost jobs/homes (not sure on that percentage...The politician want to FIX the problem but only with a band-aid. Many of the mentally ill need to be housed 24/7 and cannot live on their own. They need their medications given to them by nurses but the politicians are not looking at the entire picture. They want housing built for these folks so they have a place to live and get off the streets and that's fine for the people who are not dealing with Schizophrenia etc. What about the very mentally ill homeless ?

I was confronted at a CVS by a woman who was clearly homeless and mentally ill. She scared the crap out of me and I felt terrible for her because these people really do need help - a lot of medical help. She came right up into my face and I froze. The manager got her out and apologized. They are all over!!

The real story is not being told about the many out there who are severely mentally ill who have outbursts etc. Very sad!

Last edited by CaliforniaGal; 08-20-2016 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: had to correct some grammar..

Old 08-20-2016, 09:04 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,150,590 times
Quote:
I would rather encounter exhibitionism than some one high on PCP or bath suits. Or some bipolar or schizophrenia person acting out.
These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:05 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,150,590 times
Quote:
Really?

I can see average of 5 to 10 gangs a day hanging out at the mall, plaza and bus stop in my city.

With bandana around persons ankle, back pocket or wrist. And baseball cap sideways!!

I have had people give me gang signs in store.

And this is not even LA!!
This is where, now?

Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
This is where, now?

Old 08-20-2016, 09:16 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
But can you dance Jim? Love that movie

Old 08-20-2016, 09:19 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
I would prefer LAPD spray some pepper spray on his pee pee the next time he jerks off he will have PTSD

Old 08-20-2016, 09:22 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,438 times
Gangs are alive and well around here. Tongans began to grow in the Inglewood / Lennox section of Los Angeles County, a low income section, that eventually produced the Tongan Crip Gang. - See more at: Tonga Crip Gang in Inglewood, CA | StreetGangs.Com

We actually had a drive by shooting in Wiseburn a couple of years ago that involved a Tongan Gang member and I believe Lennox 13. Many in the Tongan community are very good people and want peace so can't just paint with a broad paint brush that they all are bad as that is not the case. It's a shame we have so much poverty but we do all around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles