Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:26 AM

236 posts, read 258,809 times

Advertisements

Has anyone commuted from L.A. (West Hollywood) to Riverside County, specifically Corona? It's about 70 miles each way I'm thinking this would be a very difficult commute and can't even remember the last time I was in Riverside County, but just wondering if anyone has even done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:57 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Why would you? If you get a job there just move because it's much cheaper. But yeah the commute will suck unless its off hours

Old 09-10-2016, 12:08 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Did you take a job there or considering one?

I think you either have to look at doing the Red Line to Union Station and Metrolink. If that is possible and your employer has a shuttle service or if there is a bus to get you to your building.

Or you look at moving after you know for sure the job is going to work in a few months.

Can't imagine that drive, plus the mileage you put on your car.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:12 PM

I'd do it because I could work remotely almost 100% of the time after a while. But I'd have to go into the office daily for a while, anywhere from a few weeks to a few months or longer. It does sound like an awful commute and I actually once quit a job in Whittier after a few weeks solely because of the 35 mile commute (some days I spent 5 hours driving due to accidents/traffic). Definitely not moving to Riverside County so it's either the super long commute or just stay at my current job.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Did you take a job there or considering one?

I think you either have to look at doing the Red Line to Union Station and Metrolink. If that is possible and your employer has a shuttle service or if there is a bus to get you to your building.

Or you look at moving after you know for sure the job is going to work in a few months.

Can't imagine that drive, plus the mileage you put on your car.
Just considering one at this point and wanted to get some feedback because I know some people have long commutes. But to me, a long commute is Santa Monica to Pasadena (about 25 miles) and I wasn't sure if I'm the only one who thinks 70 miles each way is crazy. I'm leasing my car and it has low mileage now but it also only gets about 18mpg on the freeway.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:35 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nja2016 View Post
Has anyone commuted from L.A. (West Hollywood) to Riverside County, specifically Corona? It's about 70 miles each way I'm thinking this would be a very difficult commute and can't even remember the last time I was in Riverside County, but just wondering if anyone has even done this.
It's tough, on Tuesday I had to drive from far eastern Riverside at the Moreno Valley border to Downtown Los Angeles, left Sysco Riverside at 8:55, and made it to Restaurant Depot at Washington Blvd and Compton Ave (between Alameda and Central) at 11:30, so 2 hrs and 35 mins to go 60 miles mid morning

Old 09-10-2016, 02:14 PM

925 posts, read 1,064,456 times
After Downtown LA you would be going against traffic. I drive from Corona area to West Hollywood and it takes about an hour and 15 minutes during off hours to go 56 miles. Not sure where in Corona your going since you said its 70 miles. West Hollywood to Corona would be not that bad by So Cal standards.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:44 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,916,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
After Downtown LA you would be going against traffic. I drive from Corona area to West Hollywood and it takes about an hour and 15 minutes during off hours to go 56 miles. Not sure where in Corona your going since you said its 70 miles. West Hollywood to Corona would be not that bad by So Cal standards.
Lol what? How much worse can it get?

Old 09-10-2016, 02:47 PM

925 posts, read 1,064,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
Lol what? How much worse can it get?
Do you know anything about commutes in So Cal. Thousands of people commute FROM Riverside County into LA and that's a bad commute. Going the other way would not be that bad. Do you even know where Corona is??

Old 09-10-2016, 10:21 PM

Just looked at the map again and realized Fullerton is actually 24 miles closer to me than Corona. I used to have to go there occasionally and it was a long, tough drive so this long of a commute probably won't work for me. Riverside County is so far that I've never even been there, unless you count driving through a few times on the way to Big Bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles