Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 AM

508 posts, read 503,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
And they say South LA is a good desert . I guess you gotta have the hookup and know where the underground illegal spots are just to get a decent meal there .

This is news to me, didn't realize unlicensed restaurants were a thing.
Sounds like the type of thing you see in the 3rd world someone just opening up and selling food no license no health inspections .

Is South LA a sanctuary neighborhood for these places ?

Wonder if they've ever served cops before . I wouldn't be surprised .
Pretty sure it's not that common. Next your gonna start complaining about Korean after hours drinking spots that have existed for 20 years -- unlicensed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 08:45 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Pretty sure it's not that common. Next your gonna start complaining about Korean after hours drinking spots that have existed for 20 years -- unlicensed.
Complaining about illegal activity...the outrage! lol

Also according to BigHomieGucci there are TONS of these spots, so it sounds like they are pretty common according to him.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:08 AM

508 posts, read 503,686 times
Quote:

Also according to BigHomieGucci there are TONS of these spots, so it sounds like they are pretty common according to him.
They are really not that common. I also would not be surprised in other cities as well. NYC probably has "Tons" of pop ups. Tons is not an exact number either. It's like saying, "by the droves."

Old 10-18-2016, 06:52 PM

19 posts, read 11,658 times
Quote:
And they say South LA is a good desert . I guess you gotta have the hookup and know where the underground illegal spots are just to get a decent meal there .

This is news to me, didn't realize unlicensed restaurants were a thing.
Sounds like the type of thing you see in the 3rd world someone just opening up and selling food no license no health inspections .

Is South LA a sanctuary neighborhood for these places ?

Wonder if they've ever served cops before . I wouldn't be surprised .
Large sections of this city ARE the third world now. Lax border regulation by both parties allowed this to happen.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 PM

93 posts, read 95,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
They are really not that common. I also would not be surprised in other cities as well. NYC probably has "Tons" of pop ups. Tons is not an exact number either. It's like saying, "by the droves."
There are a lot of these, of course we have no actual statistics since they don't report anything to the government but I can tell you that it's a pretty good amount, just like the little fruit or taco carts, probably around the same amount I've seen them at churches and weddings

Old 10-18-2016, 10:11 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:

There's one standard for Americans, another for everybody else, as the late great Terry Anderson stated many times on his radio show. If you're an actual American who tries operating a business without a license, then the city will have something to say about it. In fact, I once received a nasty letter from the city of L.A. accusing me of operating a business without a license, so I had to show them that my place of business was actually in El Segundo -- I wonder how many nasty letters the city of L.A. sends to all the illegal businesses operated by immigrants.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
There are lots of these in many hispanic neighborhoods in LA/OC. They are shady as a homeless old man handing out candy next to an elementary school. Sometimes they get bold and even setup catering booths on the sidewalk or in the driveway. They really do need to crack down on these illegal operations.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:00 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan2day View Post
Large sections of this city ARE the third world now. Lax border regulation by both parties allowed this to happen.
Do you get all your news from Breitbart and Stormfront?

Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Do you get all your news from Breitbart and Stormfront?
Do you actually have a response to his point that isn't a personal attack?

Last edited by CaliRestoration; 10-20-2016 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-20-2016, 01:12 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Do you actually have a response to his point that isn't a personal attack?
That particular person has never been to Los Angeles, so most likely no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles