Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:28 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,223,363 times

Advertisements

Since the popular vote doesnt matter in presidential elections why anyone talks about it is beyond me. Look how many states trump took that normally vote democrat.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:33 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,370 times
We get it -all of us uneducated misfits that voted for Trump. We knew what he meant which was - there are many crossing the border whose INTENTIONS are to cause mayhem - and are criminals in Central America that want to come to USA to destroy our way of life. Then we have the Muslims - all Trump meant was that he wanted them VETTED good before they came into our country because unfortunately many have been radicalized in their own countries. As always, the media and the left spin it around.

I am a big Twitter user and I can tell you that there were VERY educated people voting for Trump. I have no idea how that got started that we are all uneducated etc because could not be FURTHER from the truth. Look up the name Kurt Schlichter who resides right here in Manhattan Beach. Wrote the book Peoples Republic. Far from uneducated...He is a name partner at a growing Los Angeles trial law firm, a retired Army Infantry colonel with a masters in Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College. There are so many more that I follow and respect.

Here is the truth - Many Trump supporters decided early on it was best not to mention who they were voting for and that was in part due to the progressives-far left wingers. It was best to just keep quiet. Of course if you followed a lot of these people via Twitter you would have known they were Trump supporters I would imagine. Not everyone is on Twitter though or even know how to use it. Progressives/Liberals are like attack dogs and I have dealt with them on another social media site called Nextdoor. They are vicious or can be.

In the end - we know what Trump meant because the many who voted for him feel the same way. We want strong borders - we want people to come in who love our country and do not want to attack innocent people like what happened in San Bernardino or Orlando. We also know there are many Muslims who love the USA - California has the highest taxes and do you understand why? We continue to pay for all the "freebies" that folks are getting that come over from other countries. These people who want to riot and destroy don't even understand why they are rioting. They want something for nothing...and that's NOT what America is about. Californians continue to be taxed to death - no one wants to come here and do business. It costs a fortune. How are families able to make it here? These people who are up in arms are spoiled brats and it's NOT just about them. Families deserve to be able to raise their kids here as our parents did back in the 60's...

When I was working back in the 90's...after Nafta was signed - I watched so many companies over in Rancho Dominguez (Compton) leave for Mexico. They packed up and left. I worked in the oil/petro chemical business and was Accounts Receivable. Our customers were leaving. I saw it first hand. Company next door to us that built furniture for schools etc packed up and moved to Mexico.

California is a mess and many who vote Democratic are the people getting freebies not all but quite a few. Let's be honest here...

Old 11-10-2016, 08:37 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
Since the popular vote doesnt matter in presidential elections why anyone talks about it is beyond me. Look how many states trump took that normally vote democrat.
Really?

First off, I just referred to the popular vote to demonstrate that the difference was negligible. I didn't use it as any argument favoring HRC or disfavoring DJT.

Secondly, nearly everyone is discussing the contradiction of the electoral college system as opposed to popular vote rules.

Third, how many Blue states went for Trump exactly supports my previous points showing that your commentary is based on erroneous assumptions of partisanship being decisive in this election. The reality is: anti-partisanship carried Trump to victory.

You need more coffee to think more clearly?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
We get it -all of us uneducated misfits that voted for Trump. We knew what he meant which was - there are many crossing the border whose INTENTIONS are to cause mayhem - and are criminals in Central America that want to come to USA to destroy our way of life. Then we have the Muslims - all Trump meant was that he wanted them VETTED good before they came into our country because unfortunately many have been radicalized in their own countries. As always, the media and the left spin it around.

I am a big Twitter user and I can tell you that there were VERY educated people voting for Trump. I have no idea how that got started that we are all uneducated etc because could not be FURTHER from the truth. Look up the name Kurt Schlichter who resides right here in Manhattan Beach. Wrote the book Peoples Republic. Far from uneducated...He is a name partner at a growing Los Angeles trial law firm, a retired Army Infantry colonel with a masters in Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College. There are so many more that I follow and respect.

Here is the truth - Many Trump supporters decided early on it was best not to mention who they were voting for and that was in part due to the progressives-far left wingers. It was best to just keep quiet. Of course if you followed a lot of these people via Twitter you would have known they were Trump supporters I would imagine. Not everyone is on Twitter though or even know how to use it. Progressives/Liberals are like attack dogs and I have dealt with them on another social media site called Nextdoor. They are vicious or can be.

In the end - we know what Trump meant because the many who voted for him feel the same way. We want strong borders - we want people to come in who love our country and do not want to attack innocent people like what happened in San Bernardino or Orlando. We also know there are many Muslims who love the USA - California has the highest taxes and do you understand why? We continue to pay for all the "freebies" that folks are getting that come over from other countries. These people who want to riot and destroy don't even understand why they are rioting. They want something for nothing...and that's NOT what America is about. Californians continue to be taxed to death - no one wants to come here and do business. It costs a fortune. How are families able to make it here? These people who are up in arms are spoiled brats and it's NOT just about them. Families deserve to be able to raise their kids here as our parents did back in the 60's...

When I was working back in the 90's...after Nafta was signed - I watched so many companies over in Rancho Dominguez (Compton) leave for Mexico. They packed up and left. I worked in the oil/petro chemical business and was Accounts Receivable. Our customers were leaving. I saw it first hand. Company next door to us that built furniture for schools etc packed up and moved to Mexico.

California is a mess and many who vote Democratic are the people getting freebies not all but quite a few. Let's be honest here...
Lol. The problem with your defensive post is no one is saying Trump supporters are "uneducated". Those of us who are either laughing at your sense of vindication and empowerment - or crying in protest - are saying you've bought a sucker's package. Plenty of educated people are suckers. Always have been. It's not a question of intellect capacity. It's a question of desires and beliefs in ideological solutions. Trump's been selling snake oil to millions of buyers who need a magic potion so bad they've suspended rational analysis.

There's nothing wrong with wanting strong borders or more responsive government or robust national economy. There's something very wrong, however, with buying magic potions from a mentally disturbed huckster.

This protest has nothing to do with wanting freebies. It has everything to do with character.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:47 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post

Lol.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:48 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
The Electoral College is how we elect the President but you might want to inform Mr. Trump who said this in 2012: "The Electoral College is a disaster for democracy."

Donald Trump branded Electoral College system 'disaster for democracy' after 2012 election | The Independent

Old 11-10-2016, 09:07 AM

872 posts, read 595,600 times
The protesters prove that they are able bodied people without jobs that NEED to be more productive- lets put them to work!
The internet whiners are the happiest Trump won- though they are ashamed to admit it...in their desperate search to be meaningful, they are now able to sit and post, and post, and post, and post hoping, beyond all hope, that someone will give them an atta boy, or confront them so they can cut and paste a graph. ...THEN they get to try and show how smart they are and how the other person is laughable. They need to thank Trump for that! Their candidate lost so they are even more messed up now!
Trump won BIGLY so help the majority make the country better or realize that words and other counter productive exertions will always be recognized for what they are- nothing good.
The economy and domestic policy were the two predominant issues in the election- unique, motivated, and productive people RULE!

Old 11-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
The protesters prove that they are able bodied people without jobs that NEED to be more productive- lets put them to work!
The internet whiners are the happiest Trump won- though they are ashamed to admit it...in their desperate search to be meaningful, they are now able to sit and post, and post, and post, and post hoping, beyond all hope, that someone will give them an atta boy, or confront them so they can cut and paste a graph. ...THEN they get to try and show how smart they are and how the other person is laughable. They need to thank Trump for that! Their candidate lost so they are even more messed up now!
Trump won BIGLY so help the majority make the country better or realize that words and other counter productive exertions will always be recognized for what they are- nothing good.
The economy and domestic policy were the two predominant issues in the election- unique, motivated, and productive people RULE!
Umm, no they weren't. The only predominant issue was disenfranchisement with a decaying plutocratic system.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:31 AM

872 posts, read 595,600 times
Awwww --You poor thing! you wanted john kasich to win! Chewy McFlappyhands shows how smart you are---sorry bub- but..I'm sure you already stocked up on hot pockets and 2ltr bottles of generic orange soda for all of the boring posts you are about to create. You are thanking Trump right now and your excitement to post, post, and post proves it. Ya better pm someone for support.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Awwww --You poor thing! you wanted john kasich to win! Chewy McFlappyhands shows how smart you are---sorry bub- but..I'm sure you already stocked up on hot pockets and 2ltr bottles of generic orange soda for all of the boring posts you are about to create. You are thanking Trump right now and your excitement to post, post, and post proves it. Ya better pm someone for support.
This is one of the most ridiculously funny posts I've read here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles