Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
We're starting with them because they're a priority, but the others will have to eventually follow suit. He has always been for deporting all illegals , but it makes sense to start with the violent ones.
They've had a good run .
Wonder what happens if Americans go to other countries illegally and commit crimes there .
Are they treated so kindly ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 10:03 AM

406 posts, read 348,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They've had a good run .
Wonder what happens if Americans go to other countries illegally and commit crimes there .
Can you please give me examples of illegal immigrants comitting felonies in the US that aren't prosecuted?

Old 11-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
Can you please give me examples of illegal immigrants comitting felonies in the US that aren't prosecuted?
The point is that they are committing crimes and then being released back onto the streets. I believe they should be deported if they commit any crime.
Having a soft on crime approach doesn't do legal citizens a favor.

You don't think deporting those that are known criminals would lower the crime rate dramatically?

Old 11-24-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The point is that they are committing crimes and then being released back onto the streets. I believe they should be deported if they commit any crime.
So, once again ill ask. Do you have any data on illegal immigrants committing felonies and not being prosecuted? I have a problem with any repeat offenders committing crimes and being released back into the streets. Their immigration status is completely irrelevant to me.

Quote:
You don't think deporting those that are known criminals would lower the crime rate dramatically?
Where did I say that?

Old 11-24-2016, 01:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
They've had a good run .
Arrested and deported. In some places the police can kill you. The drunk American swimmer who acted like an idiot during the Okympics had the gas station guard pull a gun on him and force him to pay for the damages he caused.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
So, once again ill ask. Do you have any data on illegal immigrants committing felonies and not being prosecuted? I have a problem with any repeat offenders committing crimes and being released back into the streets. Their immigration status is completely irrelevant to me.

Where did I say that?
Sanctuary Cities -- Map Shows Where Illigal Aliens Aren't Deported | National Review

So we should wait until they kill to do anything?

Old 11-24-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Arrested and deported. In some places the police can kill you. The drunk American swimmer who acted like an idiot during the Okympics had the gas station guard pull a gun on him and force him to pay for the damages he caused.
Yeah but in America it's all about feeling sorry for the law breakers and if you don't you are a racist or xenophobe .

Old 11-24-2016, 02:17 PM

Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

Old 11-24-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
No. I would like my local law enforcement to be police and my ICE/ feds handle immigration. How hard is that to understand?

I'm using this as the definition of sanctuary city since there is no precise legal meaning:

The term applies generally to cities that do not use municipal funds or resources to enforce national immigration laws, and usually forbid police or municipal employees to inquire about a person's immigration status.

I would rather police go to high immigrant neighborhoods (legal or illegal) and be able to comfortably interface with the populace in order to effectively prevent criminal activity. If grandma refuses to tell the police vital information about the Cartels operations because she is worried her nephew is going to get deported, how does that help anything? The role of police is to uphold MUNICIPAL laws.

If the feds want to do raids in Boyle heights and McArthur park every day and make it a living hell for the illegals there have at it. But that is NOT the role of local police.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:05 PM

Yes I get what you mean about not having LAPD do random raids just saying it would be nice if criminals are picked up that LAPD cooperates with ICE .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles