Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:48 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Whatever delusion helps you sleep at night, snowflake.
I'm a little confused. You admitted you were wrong in your previous post, and now you're offended that I accepted your apology?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 02:08 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I don't even know where a lawyer would come into play in the deportation process?? I'm not a expert but in OC they would occasionally raid warehouses or restaurants and if you are here illegally they would load you onto a bus and drive you to TJ and drop you off. Now are they going assign every illegal a lawyer and clog our courts even more pleading cases in front of a judge?? What more insanity can your LA politicians think up?? I'd be seething mad if I lived there but not many people seem to notice. It wasn't even on the news yesterday...
For starters what good would instantly deporting illegals do? Of course they would come back the same way they got here. These days especially if some crime was committed they LOCK them up in DETENTION centers for awhile, to make them miserable and by the time they are done with them there they won't want to come back. And then they are flown back to their country of origin, and that government is notified about this.

But please tell me you know better that just dropping someone off at TJ wouldn't help.......

Old 12-22-2016, 11:00 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
I never said that NY dude. I just said that's what happened in OC in the past and I agree it's a waste of time.. they probably got back to Santa Ana faster then the bus. I'm just trying to figure out where a lawyer comes into play on deporting people.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:10 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I'm a little confused. You admitted you were wrong in your previous post, and now you're offended that I accepted your apology?
No, I didn't and, yes, you're more than a little confused, but I find that to be generally true for most of your contributions here. I can't believe I need to spell it out for you, but sure, I'll play down to my audience: "this commentator" was referring to you.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
No, I didn't and, yes, you're more than a little confused, but I find that to be generally true for most of your contributions here. I can't believe I need to spell it out for you, but sure, I'll play down to my audience: "this commentator" was referring to you.
Didn't you move out of LA?
It's not your tax money but you want to tell us that we should accept the spending of our tax money to hire lawyers for illegals ?
A lot of nerve really.
It's like Tulemutt and 2sleepy jumping on LA homeless threads and telling us what we should do .
A lot easier to tolerate things when you don't live somewhere .

Old 12-22-2016, 11:48 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Didn't you move out of LA?
I did and I'm now looking to come back.
Quote:
It's not your tax money but you want to tell us that we should accept the spending of our tax money to hire lawyers for illegals ?
It was my tax money for at least 10 years.
Quote:
A lot of nerve really.
I see, so you never comment on anything that's not happening right under your nose? Duly noted.

Furthermore, my main problem isn't with the news itself, it's with OP's take on it.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:32 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,455 times
It should be noted that Supervisor Katheryn Barger voted AGAINST the handover of taxpayer money to immigration attorneys. She correctly stated that immigration law is a Federal issue and not something that the County should be sticking its nose into. She can be contacted via her website:

Supervisor Kathryn Barger – 5th District Supervisor

Old 12-22-2016, 01:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
It should be noted that Supervisor Katheryn Barger voted AGAINST the handover of taxpayer money to immigration attorneys. She correctly stated that immigration law is a Federal issue and not something that the County should be sticking its nose into. She can be contacted via her website:

Supervisor Kathryn Barger – 5th District Supervisor
Amazing she was the only one that voted against .
At least we know for sure that these politicians don't care about taxpayers .

Old 12-22-2016, 03:10 PM

296 posts, read 232,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes sadly this city , county , state is sending the message that you aren't really welcome here anymore . They will GLADLY take that tax money from you though .
This is one of the main reasons why we left. We were disgusted with the way things were headed. Although no one actually "pushed us out", I almost feel like we were forced out.

It's so sad to see that it has not only continued, but is now possibly worse than ever.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:18 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Well then, I'll be forwarding this thread to your friends and family, so if somebody needs a last minute Christmas gift idea for you, a guide to the rudiments of the English language would certainly be more than appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles