Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 01:44 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,676,831 times

Advertisements

What's worse is if you disagree with your taxpayer money being stolen to support illegal immigrants then these corrupt supervisors are branding you as a Nazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 08:03 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
What's worse is if you disagree with your taxpayer money being stolen to support illegal immigrants then these corrupt supervisors are branding you as a Nazi.
None of these people can be trusted after this .
They don't have our interests at heart .

Old 12-24-2016, 08:31 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,103,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Well then, I'll be forwarding this thread to your friends and family, so if somebody needs a last minute Christmas gift idea for you, a guide to the rudiments of the English language would certainly be more than appropriate.
Hello, Mr. Kettle, nice to meet you. Careful, there - your (complete lack of) self-awareness is showing.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:39 PM

13,577 posts, read 15,559,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Hello, Mr. Kettle, nice to meet you. Careful, there - your (complete lack of) self-awareness is showing.
With an attitude like that, I don't think Santa will be stopping by your place tonight unless it's to put coal (or worse) in your stocking.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:44 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,103,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
With an attitude like that, I don't think Santa will be stopping by your place tonight unless it's to put coal (or worse) in your stocking.
That's quite alright, I prefer to earn my own rather than be gifted things by fat men in red suits.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:58 PM

281 posts, read 307,369 times
What can we legitimately do about this? We can't just sit here and talk about it. What can we do effectively to get these politicians to know this is not how we want our money spent!?

Old 12-26-2016, 05:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
What can we legitimately do about this? We can't just sit here and talk about it. What can we do effectively to get these politicians to know this is not how we want our money spent!?
Protest maybe? I wonder if all the L.A politicians would be so happy to see this being protested as they were the "Not My President" (WAH WAH WAH) Anti Trump Protests.

No, I'm guessing they would label us all xenophobes or worse white supremacists..

This was Garcetti's statement on the anti-Trump protests. Think he would release a similar statement if citizens protested using tax money to fund attorneys for illegals?..

"“One of our greatest privileges as Americans is the right to free expression. Last night, thousands of Angelenos came together publicly to make their feelings known.

I understand that the results of Tuesday’s election are painful for many of us, and this kind of engagement can be a meaningful part of the healing we need after such a long and divisive campaign. But walking and throwing objects onto freeways is dangerous for pedestrians and drivers — and it puts a heavy burden on people just trying make it home to their families or get to work safely.

I am proud that the demonstrations in Los Angeles have been mostly lawful and peaceful, and that our officers are working with demonstrators to keep people out of harm’s way. Protests can, should, and must proceed in that spirit — and I urge everyone to look out for their fellow Angelenos and put safety first.” — Mayor Eric Garcetti"

Gee Whiz, Mayor Yoga Pants is such a swell guy.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:19 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,581,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Protest maybe? I wonder if all the L.A politicians would be so happy to see this being protested as they were the "Not My President" (WAH WAH WAH) Anti Trump Protests.

No, I'm guessing they would label us all xenophobes or worse white supremacists..

This was Garcetti's statement on the anti-Trump protests. Think he would release a similar statement if citizens protested using tax money to fund attorneys for illegals?..

"“One of our greatest privileges as Americans is the right to free expression. Last night, thousands of Angelenos came together publicly to make their feelings known.

I understand that the results of Tuesday’s election are painful for many of us, and this kind of engagement can be a meaningful part of the healing we need after such a long and divisive campaign. But walking and throwing objects onto freeways is dangerous for pedestrians and drivers — and it puts a heavy burden on people just trying make it home to their families or get to work safely.

I am proud that the demonstrations in Los Angeles have been mostly lawful and peaceful, and that our officers are working with demonstrators to keep people out of harm’s way. Protests can, should, and must proceed in that spirit — and I urge everyone to look out for their fellow Angelenos and put safety first.” — Mayor Eric Garcetti"

Protest? Look at how people attending Trump rallies in southern CA and northern CA were treated earlier this year. I'd rather not be pelted with eggs, cursed and screamed at, assaulted with pepper spray, or have my car vandalized. This needs to be challenged in court. Only problem is who would do it and would a judge rule in their favor anyway.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:06 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,089,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Regarding the leftist trope of wildly violent protests always being labelled "mostly lawful and peaceful", well, well that's entertaining. A few non-LA examples of similarly labelled protests:

Charlotte: "Mostly peaceful, some people even giving hugs"
Baltimore: "Mostly peaceful, people expressing their frustrations"
Costa Mesa and San Jose (demonstrating at Trump rallies): "Mostly peaceful and people are expressing their frustrations,"besides Trump is racist/a bigot/a misogynist so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles