Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 04:11 PM

57 posts, read 73,138 times

Advertisements

My brother is working 24/7 and is running short of time to find a apartment of at least 600 sq ft in his longtime area Koreatown/MidWilshire--or slightly north or west of those areas, i.e. Highland Park would be about as far east as he could go. He's been to dozens of places but they are either filthy, not safe, or too small. He is an artist (with 3 college degrees--- one in architecture) and needs space to keep his art when not working full time. NO pets, girlfriend has her own condo in LA. Non smoker, quiet, no blaring stereo, as he doesn't own one.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYThING AVAILABLE SOON-- NOT LISTED ON ANY OF THE STANDARD RENTAL SITES, SOME OF WHICH I HAVE FOUND ARE SCAMS---NOT SOMETHING I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH WHERE I LIVE ON THE EAST COAST. PEOPLE ARE UNBELIEVABLE IN WHAT THEY GET AWAY WITH IN LA.
He can sign a one year lease, and his budget is $1,250 per month.

Last edited by islandcreek; 12-29-2016 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: missing information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandcreek View Post
My brother is working 24/7 and is running short of time to find a apartment of at least 600 sq ft in his longtime area Koreatown/MidWilshire--or slightly north or west of those areas, i.e. Highland Park would be about as far east as he could go. He's been to dozens of places but they are either filthy, not safe, or too small. He is an artist (with 3 college degrees--- one in architecture) and needs space to keep his art when not working full time. NO pets, girlfriend has her own condo in LA. Non smoker, quiet, no blaring stereo, as he doesn't own one.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYThING AVAILABLE SOON-- NOT LISTED ON ANY OF THE STANDARD RENTAL SITES, SOME OF WHICH I HAVE FOUND ARE SCAMS---NOT SOMETHING I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH WHERE I LIVE ON THE EAST COAST. PEOPLE ARE UNBELIEVABLE IN WHAT THEY GET AWAY WITH IN LA.
He can sign a one year lease, and his budget is $1,250 per month.
He should be able to find at least a room to rent in his price range (try padmapper.com), but I am, once again, amazed at the power attributed to C-D. We're not a secret society that has access to things beyond the scope of what a regular person can access.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:20 PM

176 posts, read 177,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandcreek View Post
PEOPLE ARE UNBELIEVABLE IN WHAT THEY GET AWAY WITH IN LA.
OMG, like...I know, Right??

Old 01-05-2017, 07:55 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,133 times
I know you are hoping someone knows of a rental but maybe this site is a good place to start.
Echo Park is great and a good fit for your brother.
Good luck!
https://www.westsiderentals.com/apar...rk-apartments/

Old 01-05-2017, 08:52 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
I know you are hoping someone knows of a rental but maybe this site is a good place to start.
Echo Park is great and a good fit for your brother.
Good luck!
https://www.westsiderentals.com/apar...rk-apartments/
Westside Rentals is definitely NOT a good place to start.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:05 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,822,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Westside Rentals is definitely NOT a good place to start.
I do agree that Westside Rentals is a scam and waste of money from personal experience

Old 01-07-2017, 12:31 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
People don't run scams on the east coast ? What about that Bernie Madoff fellow ?

Old 01-07-2017, 10:22 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I do agree that Westside Rentals is a scam and waste of money from personal experience
It's not a scam but it's entirely unnecessary when there are so many free services now.

I'd start with Craigslist (beware of the too good to be true ads, usually stolen from legitimate ads with a huge price reduction) and Padmapper, then check out sites like apartments.com, Radpad, Hotpads, Trulia, Postlets, etc. All are free.

If possible, walk the neighborhood and try to find smaller buildings that may not advertise online. Sometimes the best deals are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: