Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:22 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
No, a computer would have picked up on that mistake. In regards to autocorrect on a phone, it most likely wouldn't have noticed the wrong grammar because it's mainly for incorrect spelling. That's probably why Finper said to text it out because there was no correction, only because "their" was spelled correctly.

Still after being corrected, WITH an explanation, they still tried to justify their incorrect use of "their," so there's no excuse.
Oh noes! Throw him in language jail! And again, what does that have to do with Highlander's comment that the poster couldn't criticize illegal immigration because he/she typed "their"?

Old 01-13-2017, 01:10 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I think it is funny that people claim to want to be here in the United States and yet they will burn the flag, raise the Mexican flag, not support the Election, trample on the Constitution, and act violently toward anyone that they do not agree with.

If someone wants to remain here that is here illegally then they should stop acting like they want to go back to the Nation they came from. Embrace America and the Flag. Support the Republic and its Election process. Realize that the people in power may have a different opinion of illegals if the illegals were actually acting as if they want to stay here.

A prime example is these kids that came here as infants and toddlers. The parents brought them here and in many cases these kids have no idea what Mexico is like and some do not even speak Spanish. They grew up here as Americans. This is the land that they know. These kids, and many of them are college age or older, need to embrace the Flag, the Constitution, and the land that they call home. They need to stop with the Viva Mexico and start saying how much they love the USA.

Recently heard a top level Republican leader talking about these so called Dream kids, or what ever they are being called and his thoughts made a lot of sense. If these kids want to stay here then they need to support the USA. It really is not their fault that they are in this mess. For those that keep talking about Mexico and raising that nations flag then why should we the American people want to help them stay in the country?

Old 01-13-2017, 02:33 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,150,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh noes! Throw him in language jail! And again, what does that have to do with Highlander's comment that the poster couldn't criticize illegal immigration because he/she typed "their"?
Wow, those reading comprehension skills are really failing you, aren't they? I made no such comment.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I think it is funny that people claim to want to be here in the United States and yet they will burn the flag, raise the Mexican flag, not support the Election, trample on the Constitution, and act violently toward anyone that they do not agree with.
Man, did you manage to jumble things up in one ball of ignorance... Burning the flag, raising the Mexican flag, not supporting the election are prime examples of supporting the Constitution (which allows for all those acts), not trampling it. Now as for acting violent towards anyone they don't agree with, I obviously wouldn't condone that, but that behavior, unfortunately, spans multiple social groups. What happens when born-here Americans do the same? Where do we send them?
Quote:
If someone wants to remain here that is here illegally then they should stop acting like they want to go back to the Nation they came from.
So...just because I happen to have a flag of my native country displayed somewhere on my property, you automatically assume that means that I want to go back to where I came from? No other possible reason for doing that you could possibly think of? Sense of identity, being proud of your ancestry...none of this rings a bell? This isn't just an issue that illegal aliens are faced with.
Quote:
Embrace America and the Flag. Support the Republic and its Election process. Realize that the people in power may have a different opinion of illegals if the illegals were actually acting as if they want to stay here.
Right, because that's the foundation the U.S. was built upon: abandon yourself and become a mindless Republic supporter, each who enters our boundaries. I don't seem to recall the Founding Fathers ever saying that.

Now, again, if you come here and decide to instill your own law, GTFO. But what you're describing isn't law-breaking in the slightest.
Quote:
A prime example is these kids that came here as infants and toddlers. The parents brought them here and in many cases these kids have no idea what Mexico is like and some do not even speak Spanish. They grew up here as Americans. This is the land that they know. These kids, and many of them are college age or older, need to embrace the Flag, the Constitution, and the land that they call home. They need to stop with the Viva Mexico and start saying how much they love the USA.
You'd do really well in North Korea and Russia.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:24 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Man, did you manage to jumble things up in one ball of ignorance... Burning the flag, raising the Mexican flag, not supporting the election are prime examples of supporting the Constitution (which allows for all those acts), not trampling it. Now as for acting violent towards anyone they don't agree with, I obviously wouldn't condone that, but that behavior, unfortunately, spans multiple social groups. What happens when born-here Americans do the same? Where do we send them?So...just because I happen to have a flag of my native country displayed somewhere on my property, you automatically assume that means that I want to go back to where I came from? No other possible reason for doing that you could possibly think of? Sense of identity, being proud of your ancestry...none of this rings a bell? This isn't just an issue that illegal aliens are faced with.Right, because that's the foundation the U.S. was built upon: abandon yourself and become a mindless Republic supporter, each who enters our boundaries. I don't seem to recall the Founding Fathers ever saying that.

Now, again, if you come here and decide to instill your own law, GTFO. But what you're describing isn't law-breaking in the slightest.You'd do really well in North Korea and Russia.
You sir have it all wrong. You do not show support for something by tearing it down. You do not show support for the flag by burning it. You do not show support for the right to vote when you will not support the election process. You do not show support for the Constitution by trampling on the symbols of our Nation. That the Constitution allows it is one thing. Realize though that it is not always the Constitution allowing something but the interpretation that the Judicial Branch offers of the Constitution.

Feel free to fly what ever flag you want. As an American Citizen your allegiance should be toward the Stars and Stripes. That is why the Pledge of Allegiance is so important and should be said each day of the year.

As for me: “I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Old 01-13-2017, 03:28 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,445 times
He's going to be impeached, I'm convinced of this. I will avoid the news on Jan 20th because the main event of that day is something I will not acknowledge or recognize. He is an imbecile who was elected illegally.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You sir have it all wrong. You do not show support for something by tearing it down. You do not show support for the flag by burning it. You do not show support for the right to vote when you will not support the election process. You do not show support for the Constitution by trampling on the symbols of our Nation. That the Constitution allows it is one thing. Realize though that it is not always the Constitution allowing something but the interpretation that the Judicial Branch offers of the Constitution.
Freakin'. Read. What. I. Wrote. Please. Hint: I did not write anything about supporting the flag or the right to vote. Just the Constitution. Which supersedes both and supporting which necessarily means supporting ALL of its elements, not just the ones you like.
Quote:
Feel free to fly what ever flag you want. As an American Citizen your allegiance should be toward the Stars and Stripes. That is why the Pledge of Allegiance is so important and should be said each day of the year.
So how is this allegiance expressed, exactly? Moreover, how do you know if it's genuine? Do you seriously believe that reciting a sentence will all of a sudden turn an illegal, Mexican-flag-flying alien into Joe American? Or are you only interested in appearances?

Old 01-13-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
He's going to be impeached, I'm convinced of this. I will avoid the news on Jan 20th because the main event of that day is something I will not acknowledge or recognize. He is an imbecile who was elected illegally.
Don't kid yourself. This is exactly the same conviction with which Dems said "he won't get elected" and, oh, look. He will not get impeached, nor will he get voted out four years from now. Not if we keep wringing our hands and then sitting on them and no evidence suggests that we'll do anything but. We aren't blameless for him and unless we do something to bring forth a truly worthy candidate, Mr. Potato Head will serve out his eight years. Here, watch this. It will, very succinctly, explain to you why what happened did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Old 01-13-2017, 07:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Don't kid yourself. This is exactly the same conviction with which Dems said "he won't get elected" and, oh, look. He will not get impeached, nor will he get voted out four years from now. Not if we keep wringing our hands and then sitting on them and no evidence suggests that we'll do anything but. We aren't blameless for him and unless we do something to bring forth a truly worthy candidate, Mr. Potato Head will serve out his eight years. Here, watch this. It will, very succinctly, explain to you why what happened did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
One of the eternal laws in American politics is that just when a major party appears to be finished, that's when they come back.

At this time in 2009 people were saying the Republicans would never control anything again.

I voted for Trump albeit reluctantly but he has a lot of flaws which could easily bring him down.

The Dems this year were truly inept, who knows how things will be in 4 years.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:06 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
An American committed a typo on a message board! Total justification for open borders!
And for providing housing in LA to heaps of homeless in the United States (who no doubt will flood in as homes as built).

And for excusing criminality...and crimes

And for much else so-called progressive lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles